About the Alpine MRA-F350
This amplifier requires a compatible Alpine head unit and an optical cable.
Now Alpine makes it easier to experience multi-channel DVD sound in your vehicle. The MRA-F350 Digital Theater 5-channel amplifier, controlled by a compatible Alpine in-dash stereo, delivers full multi-channel sound with stunning realism.
The amp's all-digital design delivers 50 watts to each of five channels, supplying the front, rear, and center-channel speakers in your system with plenty of clean power. A subwoofer preamp output routes the low frequencies to your subwoofer amplifier.
Hook up a digital source like a DVD player or a game system to the optical digital input, and the amp's internal processors convert the digital info into surround sound. Another bonus built-in Dolby Pro-Logic II processing brings convincing multi-channel sound to your standard stereo CDs.
All the amplifier's functions are controlled right from the touchscreen of your compatible Alpine receiver the amplifier has no built-in controls. Alpine's sophisticated Bass Engine processor allows you to adjust the output to best complement your system.
- 5-channel Digital Theater amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 5 at 4 ohms
- Dolby Digital, DTS, and Dolby Pro Logic II processing built-in
- optical digital input (requires optical cable)
- all amplifier functions controlled by touchscreen of your compatible Alpine receiver (no built-in controls)
- connects to compatible Alpine navigation systems, including:
- IVA-D100, IVA-D105, IVA-D106, IVA-D300, IVA-D310, IVA-D900, IVA-D901, IVA-W200, IVA-W205, IVA-W505, DVA-9860, DVA-9861 and DVA-9965.
- MOSFET power supply
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Bass Engine® features:
- variable center-channel high-pass crossover (20-400 Hz in 1/3 octave steps, 6/12/18/24 dB per octave)
- variable front left and right high-pass crossovers (20-200 Hz in 1/3 octave steps, 6/12/18/24 dB per octave)
- variable rear left and right high-pass crossovers (20-200 Hz in 1/3 octave steps, 6/12/18/24 dB per octave)
- sub channel preamp output (20-200 Hz low-pass filter, 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/octave)
- variable subsonic filter (20-50 Hz in 1/6 octave steps, 6/12/18/24 dB per octave)
- subwoofer phase control (0/180 degrees)
- time correction adjustment (0-20 mSec in 0.1 mSec increments)
- 17-band parametric EQ (five bands for front, rear, and center, two bands for sub channel)
- STAR Topology (minimizes internal noise and prevents ground interference)
- detachable front cover
- blue power LED
- fuse rating: 20A x 2
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 13-3/4"W x 2-1/4"H x 9-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MRA-F350
What's in the box:
- 5-channel amplifier with two 20-amp blade fuses installed
- 19' AI-Net cable
- 8" Guide control cable
- 2 Speaker output terminal covers
- 1 Power/ground terminal cover
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- Owners Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration/Survey
- Warranty sheet
Alpine MRA-F350 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine MRA-F350
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
50 x 5 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||4|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||20-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||6/12/18/24 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||20-200 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||6/12/18/24 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Fuse Rating||20 x 2|
|Speaker Level Inputs||---|
|Preamp Outputs||1 (mono subwoofer)|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The MRA-F350 is a five channel Car Theater (as opposed to Home Theater) amplifier designed to power your front (left and right), center, and rear (left and right) speakers, while a preamp output feeds your subwoofer amp. This amp requires a compatible Alpine head unit for set up and control. By itself, the amp offers no stand alone capability. Surround sound processors are built-in and also controlled by the head unit. The following head units include controls for this amp: IVA-D100, IVA-D105, IVA-D106, IVA-D310, IVA-D901, IVA-W200, IVA-W205, IVA-W505, DVA-9860, DVA-9861, and DVA-9965.
Surround Processors: This amp has three surround sound processors built-in:
- Dolby Digital: Plays Dolby Digital soundtracks in as many as six discrete channels (5.1)
- DTS: Plays DTS soundtracks in as many as six discrete channels (5.1)
- Dolby Pro Logic II: Simulates 5.1 channel playback from a stereo source (CD, FM Radio, etc)
Crossovers: The MRA-F350 has four separate crossovers. All but the low-pass (subwoofer output) can be turned off for full range operation:
- Front left and right (channels 1&2): variable high-pass from 20-200 Hz in 1/3 octave steps, selectable slope of 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/octave
- Rear left and right (channels 3&4): variable high-pass from 20-200 Hz in 1/3 octave steps, selectable slope of 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/octave
- Center (channel 5): variable high-pass from 20-400 Hz in 1/3 octave steps, selectable slope of 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/octave
- Subwoofer (pre-amp out): Variable low-pass from 20-200 Hz in 1/12 octave steps, selectable slope of 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/octave
Subsonic Filter: In addition to the low-pass crossover, the subwoofer output also has a subsonic filter. The frequency is variable from 20-50 Hz in 1/6 octave steps with a selectable slope of 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/octave.
Subwoofer Output: The subwoofer output is a line level signal (RCA) with a low-pass crossover and subsonic filter. The phase of the sub output can be reversed; 0° or 180°.
Time Alignment: The built-in surround processors offer time alignment for all six channels (5.1) to compensate for the less than perfect speaker positioning typical in a car. The delay range runs from 0-20 milliseconds in 0.1 ms increments.
Equalizer: The MRA-F350 has a parametric equalizer with a total of 17 bands; five for the front, five for the rear, five for the center, and two for the sub. The center frequencies are adjustable from 20-20 kHz in 1/6 octave steps. The width of the EQ band (Q) can be adjusted to 0.5, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. The adjustment level is +/-9 dB.
Optical Input: The amp has an optical digital (standard Toslink) input for use with digital sources, such as a DVD player, game system, etc.
STAR Topology: Alpine's unique STAR (Signal Transit for Accurate Response) Circuit PCB design provides a single common ground for all amp sub-blocks, preventing ground interference and minimizing internal noise.
Head Unit: The MRA-F350 requires a compatible head unit for setup and control, it cannot be used without one. The current list of compatible head units includes (but is not limited to): IVA-D100, IVA-D105, IVA-D106, IVA-D310, IVA-D901, IVA-W200, IVA-W205, IVA-W505, DVA-9860, DVA-9861, and DVA-9965.
Speakers: Although the original manual lists bridging instructions, per Alpine: The amp is not bridgeable, and it's designed to power 4 ohm speakers.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- Speaker Outputs: terminal strip outputs for all five speakers; each terminal is 0.338" wide
- Power and Ground: screw terminals for power and ground that will accept up to 8 gauge bare wire (8 gauge recommended); each terminal is 0.338" wide
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Guide Control: 2-pin jack for connecting an outboard controller
- Digital Input: Toslink optical digital input for digital sources (DVD, Game system, etc)
- Changer In: since the amp is connected to the head unit's AI-Net port, a changer is connected to the AI-Net changer input on the amp
- AI-Net: analog signals are input through an AI-Net cable; the amp has no standard RCA inputs
- Guide Input: single RCA input
- Subwoofer: single RCA output