About the Alpine MRP-F240
Thanks to impressive power output, affordable pricing, and exceptional reliability, Alpine's V-Power amps are consistently among our best-selling models. The 4-channel MRP-F240 gives you awesome bang for your buck, and sports some "extras" that you'd usually find only on higher-priced amps.
The MRP-F240 is designed to work in a variety of applications: With 40 watts RMS per channel in 4-channel mode, you can easily drive two pairs of full-range or component speakers. Or, bridge the amp to 2-channel mode for 100 watts RMS x 2. That power makes your music sound tighter and more detailed at all volume levels.
Selectable high-pass/low-pass crossovers at 80 Hz let you adjust the frequency output depending on whether you're powering full-range speakers or a sub. If you're driving a subwoofer and using the low-pass crossover, a subsonic filter automatically engages on channels 3 and 4; this eliminates very low bass notes (those that are too low to hear) for cleaner performance.
You'll want to take advantage of BassEQ's adjustable boost (up to 12 dB at 50 Hz). Speaker-level inputs allow you to connect the MRP-F240 to just about any system, and gold-plated terminals ensure that you get clean signal transfer both into and out of the amp.
- 40 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
- 100 watts RMS x 2 bridged output at 4 ohms
- 2-, 3-, or 4-channel output
- 4-ohm stable in bridged mode
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- requires 10-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- selectable high-pass/low-pass crossover at 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave (2 separate crossovers, one for channels 1 & 2, another for channels 3 & 4)
- subsonic filter at 15 Hz for channels 3 & 4
- tuned Bass EQ (0-12 dB bass boost at 50 Hz) for channels 3 & 4
- preamp outputs
- MOSFET power supply
- STAR Topology (minimizes internal noise and prevents ground interference)
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs
- gold-plated screw terminals
- 10-1/2"W x 2-7/16"H x 9-9/16"D
- 1-year warranty
- MFR # MRP-F240
What's in the box:
- One 4-channel amplifier
- One 8" speaker-level input harness (with 8-pin Molex plug on one end and bare wire on the other end)
- RCA cover
- 3 Rubber terminal covers
- 4 Self-tapping hex-head screws
- 2 Machine screws (for securing RCA cover)
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Warranty sheet
- "Important Tips on Bridging an Amplifier" sheet
- Customer Care Registration card
Alpine MRP-F240 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine MRP-F240
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
40 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||75 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||50 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||100 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-50k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.08%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||100 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||80 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||18 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||80 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||18 dB|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||50 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||25 x 1|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Power Supply: The MRP-F240 amplifier's power supply uses MOSFETs to convert DC battery voltage to the higher DC voltages needed for high power. It supplies positive and negative voltages around 0V, rather than around 6V as with conventional single-polarity power supplies. The result is higher power levels and a dynamic range wider by as much as 10dB.
Gain Controls: This amp has independent front and rear channel gain controls.
Crossovers: Both front and rear channels have independently selectable high-pass and low-pass fixed 80 Hz crossovers with a slope of 18dB/octave.
Subsonic Filter: This amp utilizes a 15Hz subsonic filter to eliminate super low frequencies that can rob power and damage speakers. The subsonic filter operates only for the rear channels, and is engaged when the rear channel crossover is set to "low-pass" operation.
Bass EQ: The Bass EQ circuit provides a boost of 0-12dB at 50 Hz for the rear channels only. The Bass EQ does not function when the amp's rear-channel crossover is set to "high-pass" operation.
Inputs: The amplifier offers both line-level and speaker level inputs for 4 channels. The supplied speaker-level input harness allows you to connect this amplifier to a receiver without preamp outputs, either aftermarket or factory.
Line Outputs: This amplifier has a pair of non-fading stereo RCA line outputs. You can use these outputs to daisy-chain another amplifier without having to run additional signal cables from the receiver.
RCA Cover: The amp comes with a plastic cover that protects and insulates the RCA connections. Two supplied machine screws attach the cover to the amplifier. Note: The cover adds about 1-1/4" to the width of the amplifier when installed.
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- GND (ground): Gold-plated terminal strip, 0.33" wide
- Battery: Gold-plated terminal strip, 0.33" wide
- Remote: Gold-plated terminal strip, 0.33" wide
- Speaker Outputs: Gold-plated terminal strips for 4 speakers, 0.33" wide
Right Side Of Amplifier:
- Line Inputs: 2 pairs of gold-plated stereo RCA jacks
- Line Outputs: 1 pair of gold-plated stereo RCA jacks
- Speaker Level Input: Molex plug input for included 8-pin harness