About the Alpine MRP-F550
Outstanding audio performance you expect it when the amp is an Alpine. Alpine's V-Power amplifiers supply the high level of performance you want without shaking loose too much of your hard-earned cash.
The versatile MRP-F550 4-channel amplifier can take on a variety of roles in your system. Drive your front and rear speakers with 90 watts of power each in 4-channel mode, or switch to 2-channel mode and get a pair of subs thumping with 250 watts of power each. Want the best of both worlds? Use channels 1 and 2 to power full-range speakers, and bridge channels 3 and 4 to power a sub. Any way you use it, this amp will impress you with its strong sonic performance.
Variable high-pass/low-pass filters let you adjust the frequency output for either full-range speakers or a sub. If you're driving a subwoofer and using the low-pass crossover, a subsonic filter eliminates inaudible, ultra-low bass notes for cleaner output.
The amp's rugged construction ensures reliable performance. A heavy machined-metal heatsink keeps the internal parts cool and distortion low. Gold-plated screw terminals resist corrosion that can degrade signal performance.
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 90 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (125 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 250 watts RMS x 2 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- 2-, 3-, or 4-channel output
- variable high-pass/low-pass filters (50-400 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- tuned Bass EQ (12 dB bass boost at 50 Hz for channels 3 & 4)
- subsonic filter (15 Hz, 24 dB/octave for channels 3 & 4)
- MOSFET power supply
- STAR Topology (minimizes internal noise and prevents ground interference)
- gold-plated screw terminals
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs
- preamp outputs
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 15-5/8"W x 2-3/8"H x 9-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MRP-F550
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- Two 30 amp fuses (installed)
- 7" Speaker-level input harness (8-pin Molex plug on one end and bare wires on the other)
- 2 Terminal covers
- 4 Self-tapping hex-head screws (M4 x 20mm)
- 4 Machine screws for securing terminal covers (M3 x 12mm)
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
Alpine MRP-F550 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine MRP-F550
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
90 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||125 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||250 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-50k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-400 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-400 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost||12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||50 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||30 x 2|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Power Supply: The MRP-F550 amplifier's power supply uses MOSFETs to convert DC battery voltage to the higher DC voltages needed for high power. It supplies positive and negative voltages around 0V, rather than around 6V as with conventional single-polarity power supplies. The result is higher power levels and a dynamic range wider by as much as 10dB.
Gain Controls: This amp has independent front and rear channel gain controls.
Crossovers: Both front and rear channels have independently selectable high-pass and low-pass variable 50-400 Hz crossovers with a slope of 12dB/octave. The crossovers can also be independently turned off.
Subsonic Filter: This amp utilizes a 15Hz subsonic filter to eliminate super low frequencies that can rob power and damage speakers. The subsonic filter operates only for the rear channels, and is engaged when the rear channel crossover is set to "low-pass" operation.
Bass EQ: The Bass EQ circuit provides a fixed boost of 12dB at 50 Hz for the rear channels only. The Bass EQ does not function when the amp's rear-channel crossover is set to "high-pass" operation.
Inputs: The amplifier offers both line-level and speaker-level inputs for 4 channels. The supplied speaker-level input harness allows you to connect this amplifier to a receiver without preamp outputs; aftermarket or factory.
Line Outputs: This amplifier has a pair of non-fading stereo RCA line outputs. You can use these outputs to daisy-chain another amplifier without having to run additional signal cables from the receiver.
Terminal Cover: The amp comes with two plastic covers that protect and insulates the RCA, power, and speaker connections. Four supplied machine screws attach the cover to the amplifier.
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- GND: Gold-plated set screw terminal, accommodates bare wire up to 6 gauge (6 or 8 gauge recommended)
- Battery: Gold-plated set screw terminal, accommodates bare wire up to 6 gauge (6 or 8 gauge recommended)
- Remote: Gold-plated set screw terminal, accommodates bare wire up to 8 gauge
- Speaker Outputs: Gold-plated terminal strips for 4 speakers, 0.33" wide
Right Side Of Amplifier:
- Line Inputs: 2 pair of gold-plated stereo RCA jacks
- Line Outputs: 1 pair of gold-plated stereo RCA jacks
- Speaker Level Input: Molex plug input for supplied 8-pin harness