About the Alpine MRP-M500
V-Power amplifiers deliver the sound quality that made Alpine famous. Highly efficient power supplies housed in sleek black casings guarantee that these amps stand out in performance and appearance. The thermal management system dissipates heat and saves power, so your V-Power amp will run reliably for years to come.
The Alpine MRP-M500 mono amplifier drives your subwoofer system with up to 500 watts RMS — enough to satisfy the hungriest bass setup. The low-pass filter puts you in command of the frequencies that reach your subs, while the variable bass boost is armed with plenty of low-end punch. A subsonic filter prevents wasted energy by eliminating ultra-low bass, putting all the power where you need it.
Preamp- and speaker-level inputs allow you to connect this amp in almost any vehicle. Let a V-Power amplifier transform the sound of your car's audio system.
- mono subwoofer car amplifier
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 50 Hz)
- subsonic filter (15 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- Class D amp with MOSFET power supply
- CEA-2006 compliant
- STAR Topology (minimizes internal noise and prevents ground interference)
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs
- gold-plated screw terminals
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 10-11/16"W x 2-7/16"H x 9-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MRP-M500
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- Two 30 amp fuses (installed)
- 7" Speaker-level input harness (4-pin Molex plug on one end and bare wires on the other)
- 2 Terminal covers
- 4 Self-tapping hex-head screws (M4 x 20mm)
- 4 Machine screws for securing terminal covers (M3 x 12mm)
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
Alpine MRP-M500 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine MRP-M500
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
300 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||500 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-200 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||50 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Power Supply: The MRP-M500 amplifier's power supply uses MOSFETs to convert DC battery voltage to the higher DC voltages needed for high power. It supplies positive and negative voltages around 0V, rather than around 6V as with conventional single-polarity power supplies. The result is higher power levels and a dynamic range wider by as much as 10dB.
Inputs: The amplifier offers both line-level and speaker-level inputs for 2 channels. The supplied speaker-level input harness allows you to connect this amplifier to a receiver without preamp outputs; aftermarket or factory. The speaker level inputs will accept the output from a high powered radio.
Terminal Covers: The amp comes with two plastic covers that protect and insulate the RCA, power, and speaker connections. Four supplied machine screws attach the covers to the amplifier.
Low Pass Filter: The amp is equipped with a 50-200Hz variable low-pass filter with a slope of 24dB/octave. This being a mono subwoofer amp, the crossover is always engaged.
Subsonic Filter: This amp utilizes a subsonic filter at 15Hz to eliminate super low frequencies that can rob power and damage speakers. The subsonic filter operates at all times, and cannot be turned off.
Bass EQ: The Bass EQ circuit provides a variable boost (0-12dB) at 50 Hz.
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- GND (ground): gold-plated screw terminal, 0.33" wide
- Battery: gold-plated screw terminal, 0.33" wide
- Remote: gold-plated screw terminal, 0.33" wide
- Speaker Output: gold-plated screw terminal, 0.33" wide
Note: Alpine recommends 8 gauge power and ground wire (minimum).
Right Side Of Amplifier:
- Line Inputs: 1 pair of gold-plated stereo RCA jacks
- Speaker Level Input: Molex plug input for supplied 4-pin harness
The Alpine MRP-M500 replaces these items
7 questions already asked