About the Alpine MRP-T220
Thanks to impressive power output and exceptional reliability, Alpine's V-Power amps are consistently among our best-selling models. The 2-channel MRP-T220 gives you awesome bang for your buck, and sports some "extras" that you'd usually find only on higher-priced amps.
The MRP-T220 is designed to work in a variety of applications: With 50 watts RMS per channel, you can easily drive a pair of full-range or component speakers in stereo mode. Or, power a subwoofer with 140 watts when you bridge the MRP-T220 to mono. What does all that power do for you? It makes your music sound tighter and more detailed at all volume levels.
A selectable high-pass/low-pass crossover at 80 Hz lets you adapt the MRP-T220 to any job (full-range speakers or a sub) by adjusting the frequency output. If you're driving a subwoofer, the 20 Hz subsonic filter eliminates inaudible low frequencies for cleaner sound and greater efficiency.
BassEQ offers an adjustable bass boost of up to 12 dB at 50 Hz. Speaker-level inputs allow you the flexibility to hook up the MRP-T220 to just about any system, and gold-plated jacks and terminals ensure that you get the cleanest possible signal transfer.
- 50 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- 70 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
- 140 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms
- stereo or bridged mono output
- 4-ohm stable in bridged mode
- MOSFET power supply
- 10-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- high-pass/low-pass (80 Hz) crossovers, 18 dB/octave
- variable 0-12 dB bass boost at 50 Hz
- 20 Hz subsonic filter
- speaker-level inputs
- gold-plated power and speaker screw terminals
- 8-1/8"W x 2-7/16"H x 9-9/16"D
- 1-year warranty
- MFR # MRP-T220
What's in the box:
- One 2-channel amplifier
- One 8" speaker-level input harness (with 4-pin Molex plug on one end and bare wire on the other end)
- RCA cover
- 2 Rubber terminal covers
- 4 Self-tapping hex-head screws
- 2 Machine screws (for securing RCA cover)
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Warranty sheet
- "Important Tips on Bridging an Amplifier" sheet
- Customer Care Registration card
Alpine MRP-T220 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine MRP-T220
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
50 x 2 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||90 x 2|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||70 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||140 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-50k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.08%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||100 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||80 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||18 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||80 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||18 dB|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||50 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||20 x 1|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Power Supply: The MRP-T220 amplifier's power supply uses MOSFETs to convert DC battery voltage to the higher DC voltages needed for high power. It supplies positive and negative voltages around 0V, rather than around 6V as with conventional single-polarity power supplies. The result is higher power levels and a dynamic range wider by as much as 10dB.
Crossover: The amplifier is equipped with a fixed 80 Hz crossover with a slope of 18dB/octave. You can select high-pass, low-pass, or off (full-range).
Subsonic Filter: This amp utilizes a 20Hz subsonic filter to eliminate super low frequencies that can rob power and damage speakers. The subsonic filter operates only when the crossover is set to "low-pass" operation.
Bass EQ: The Bass EQ circuit provides a boost of 0-12dB at 50 Hz. Note: The Bass EQ does not function when the amp's crossover is set to "high-pass" operation.
Inputs: The amplifier offers both line-level and speaker level inputs. The supplied speaker-level input harness allows you to connect this amplifier to a receiver without preamp outputs, either aftermarket or factory.
RCA Cover: The amp comes with a plastic cover that protects and insulates the RCA connections. Two supplied machine screws attach the cover to the amplifier. Note: The cover adds about 1-1/4" to the width of the amplifier when installed.
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- GND (ground): Gold-plated terminal strip, 0.34" wide
- Battery: Gold-plated terminal strip, 0.34" wide
- Remote: Gold-plated terminal strip, 0.34" wide
- Speaker Outputs: Gold-plated terminal strips for 2 speakers, 0.34" wide
Right Side Of Amplifier:
- Line Inputs: 1 pair of gold-plated stereo RCA jacks
- Speaker Level Input: Molex plug input for included 4-pin harness