About the Alpine MRV-M500
Alpine makes it a little easier to get great bass in your vehicle, especially if you drive a compact car. Their V-Power Series MRV-M500 mono subwoofer amplifier sends up to 500 watts RMS to your sub, guaranteeing some powerful bass on your drive. And Alpine made this amp so small — it's got less than an 8" by 8" footprint and it's just over 2" tall — it can fit almost anywhere.
Thermal protection without annoying shut-downs
The MRV-M500 uses a technology called Enhanced Shutdown Performance, which rolls back the output a bit when the amp threatens to overheat from playing at its limits too long. Instead of shutting down completely, it continues playing your music, until it cools enough to return to full power.
A low-pass filter puts you in command of the frequencies that reach your sub, while a bass boost lets you apply plenty of low-end punch. The amp includes preamp- and speaker-level inputs, so you can install it in almost any vehicle, even one with a factory radio. If you're using the speaker-level inputs, the amp senses an incoming signal and turns itself on, eliminating the need to run a turn-on wire run back to your vehicle's receiver or fusebox.
If you're a tweaker, you'll appreciate the end-piece terminal covers that can be snapped in and out without the need for any tools. You can control the volume of your MRV-M500 from the front seat with the optional RUX-KNOB.2 remote bass controller.
Putting together a bass system with this amp? Check out this Crutchfield-approved amp/sub package.
MRV-M500 input and control panel
- mono subwoofer car amplifier
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable low-pass filter (50-400 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 50 Hz)
- Class D amp with MOSFET power supply
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- preamp outputs
- Remote Sensing automatic turn-on when using speaker-level inputs
- optional RUX-KNOB.2 wired remote level control
- gold-plated screw terminals
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-1/4"W x 2-3/16"H x 7-15/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MRV-M500
What's in the box:
- Mono subwoofer amplifier
- Two 30 amp ATO fuses (installed)
- 7.5" Speaker-level input harness
- 2 Snap on terminal covers
- Four 3/4" Self-tapping hex-head screws
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Alpine Verification Certificate
- Warranty information
- On-line product registration information
More details on the Alpine MRV-M500
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
300 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||500 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||7-400 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.2%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||85 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-400 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||50 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N) over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4Ω. CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers on an equal basis. Using CEA-2006 criteria, the Alpine MRV-M500 is rated as follows:
- Power Output:
- 4Ω: 300 watts x 1-channel (<0.2% THD+N)
- 2Ω: 500 watts x 1-channel (<0.3% THD+N)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 85 dBA (105 dB at rated power)
Speaker Level Input: A speaker level input harness is included, making it easier to add the amplifier to a factory radio or to a receiver with no preamp outputs. The 8-pin harness has inputs for front and rear speakers. While only two speaker inputs are necessary, wiring all four will minimize the fader's effect on the subwoofer output.
Auto Turn-on: If using the speaker level input, an automatic circuit turns the amplifier on when it senses an input signal.
Low Pass Filter: The amp is equipped with a 50-400Hz variable low-pass filter with a slope of 24 dB/octave. This being a mono subwoofer amp, the crossover is always engaged.
Bass EQ: The Bass EQ circuit provides a variable boost (0-12dB) at 50 Hz.
Wired Remote: An RJ-25 jack is provided for connecting an optional RUX-KNOB wired remote (item number 500RUXKNOB, sold separately), allowing remote control of the output level of the amplifier.
- Battery: set screw terminal; accepts up to 4 gauge wire
- Remote: set screw terminal; accepts up to 8 gauge wire
- GND (ground): set screw terminal; accepts up to 4 gauge wire
- Speaker Output: set screw terminals; accept up to 8 gauge wire
- Line Inputs: 1 pair of stereo RCA jacks
- Line Output: left and right channel RCA output jacks to daisy-chain another amplifier without having to run an additional set of cables; the output is not affected by the MRV-M500's internal crossover
- Speaker Level Input: Molex plug input for supplied 8-pin harness
- Wired Remote: RJ-25 jack for optional wired remote
Note: Alpine recommends 4 gauge power and ground wire (minimum).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
27 questions already asked