About the Alpine PDX-1.600
Cool and Compact Amps
Cool and Compact Amps
Sometimes size doesn't matter. You get big power from a little box with Alpine's Power Density Digital Amplifiers. Super-efficient Class-D technology allows these small-but-mighty amplifiers to run so cool they can be stacked together for a sweet multi-amp setup, freeing up valuable space in your car.
Heavy duty, clean power
The PDX-1.600 mono amplifier supplies a whopping 600 watts of power from its amazingly compact body, plenty of punch for most sub systems. Beefy internal components and clever engineering keep the power output strong and the noise low for superb fidelity and control. The adjustable low-pass filter tailors the amp's output to your specific system.
Front-mounted controls make post-installation adjustments a snap. Gold-plated RCA inputs, outputs, and power connections resist corrosion and signal degradation. Nifty speaker wire plugs ensure a tight connection and guarantee that your speakers play in unison.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 600 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- stackable installation design with front-panel controls
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- switchable subsonic filter (15 or 30 HZ)
- quick-connect speaker connectors
- preamp-level inputs and outputs
- Class-D amplifier design
- MOSFET power and output stages
- fuse rating: 20A x 4
- 4-gauge amp wiring kit with 80-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 10-3/16"W x 2-1/2"H x 8-1/2"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PDX-1.600
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier with four 20-amp blade fuses installed
- 1 Speaker quick connect terminals
- 4 Joint caps (for stacking multiple amps)
- Four 1-1/2" Self-tapping screws
- Four M4 x 36mm Machine screws
- Eight M2.6 x 14mm Machine screws (with lock washers attached)
- 2mm Allen wrench
- 4mm Allen wrench
- Owners Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration/Survey
- Warranty sheet
- Specification verification certificate
Alpine PDX-1.600 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine PDX-1.600
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
600 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||600 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-200 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Fuse Rating||20 x 4|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
PDX Amplifier Design: Class-D amplifiers boast higher efficiency, produce much less heat, and draw less current than traditional Class-AB amps. The PDX series is Alpine's totally new super-efficient power density design of full range class-D amps. They combine MOSFET power supplies, MOSFET final outputs, and a thermal management processor, along with a 4-Layer Glass Epoxy PC Board to create a high-end sound quality without the bulky heat sinks required by most amps with this much power.
STAR Topology: Alpine's unique STAR (Signal Transit for Accurate Response) Circuit PCB design provides a single common ground for all amp sub-blocks, preventing ground interference and minimizing internal noise.
2 and 4-ohm Stable: The PDX mono amplifier can be used with virtually any subwoofers because the PDX amplifier produces the same amount of power into both 2-ohm and 4-ohm, so you will get the most from your subwoofers in almost any application.
Speaker Control: The PDX mono amplifier's groundbreaking damping factor precisely controls the linear movement of your subwoofer giving your system less distortion and more clarity that exceeds other amplifiers.Subsonic Filter: Also called an infrasonic filter, a subsonic filter cuts off extremely low bass (below the range of human hearing) that many speakers cannot effectively reproduce, thereby making the amp's power supply and output devices, and the speaker, more efficient. The subsonic Filter can either be set to 30Hz, 15Hz or Off.
Low Pass Filter: The amplifier features a built-in Low Pass Filter with a rotary, variable adjustment knob which permits adjustment of the crossover frequency, by rotating the knob to select any frequency between 50 to 200 Hz as the crossover point.
Terminal Layout: For wiring convenience all the inputs and outputs on the amp are on one side.
Verification Certificate: The amplifier comes with a certificate that lists the RMS power output of the individual amplifier. It also lists the model number, serial number, test date, and the test conditions (14.4 volts, 4 ohms).
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a new system of testing & measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for determining an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured into a 4-ohm load, with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) plus noise, and at a frequency range of 20 Hz to 200 Hz when applicable. Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers on an equal basis. The Alpine PDX-1.600 under CEA-2006 regulations is rated at 600 Watts RMS x 1 channel at 2ohm or 4ohm with a 80dBA signal to noise ratio.
Speaker Connecters: The PDX series amps use a new Speaker Quick Connect plug to attach the speaker wires to the amp. Bare speaker wire, up to 8 gauge, is held in place by a set screw, the Quick Connect plug then plugs into the amp. Like an RCA jack, the Quick Connect plug uses a center positive layout, so it fits two ways and both maintain correct polarity.
Line Level Output: In addition to the line inputs, the PDX-1.600 has non-fading left and right female RCA outputs for extra system flexibility.
Stack Amps: Because the PDX series design generates so little heat, up to three amps can be stacked and bolted together. All three amps in the series, PDX-2.150, PDX-4.150, and PDX-1.1000 share the same footprint, so they can be stacked together.
Notes: When stacking multiple amplifiers, do not install vertically or at an incline. Any stack installation other than parallel to the vehicle floor, invalidates the warranty.
LED: The top mounted LED Power/Status indicator glows blue when operating normally and red when one of the protection circuits engages.
Protection Circuits: This amplifier includes protection circuits to prevent damage due to the following conditions:
- ambient temperature too high
- supply current too high
- short to ground
- over voltage
Controls (front of unit): The controls are hidden and protected by a removable metal door. The door is removed by unscrewing one hex-head screw with the supplied allen-wrench. The door is to be secured back into place once the controls are set.
- Crossover Frequency: rotary control to select the low pass crossover frequency, variable from 50 to 200Hz, 24 dB/octave
- Gain Control: rotary control to set the amplifier's gain according the level of the incoming signal, continuously variable from 0.1V to 8.0V depending on the Gain Range setting
- Gain Range: select 0.1-1.0 volt or 1.0-8.0 volt range for the rotary control depending on the output RCA level of your head unit
- Subsonic Filter: off, 15 Hz, or 30 Hz
Inputs and Outputs (rear of unit): The amplifier comes supplied with two allen-wrenches to tighten the amp's terminals and secure your wiring.
- Power and Ground terminals: power and ground terminals are gold plated set screw terminals, will accept up to 4 gauge bare wire, Alpine recommends using a 4 gauge wire but a 6 gauge wire minimum can be used
- Remote Turn-on terminal: gold plated set screw terminal, will accept 12 gauge to 8 gauge bare wire
- Speaker terminals: the speaker output uses Alpine's Speaker Quick Connect plug
- Line Level Input: Left and right female RCA jacks, gold plated
- Line Level Output: Left and right female RCA jacks, gold plated