About the Alpine PDX-2.150
Cool and Compact Amps
Cool and Compact Amps
Sometimes size doesn't matter. Alpine packs Class-D amplifier technology into their PDX amplifiers for awesome power from a compact frame. These small-but-mighty amps free up valuable space and run so cool they can be stacked together for a sweet multi-amp setup.
Heavy duty, clean power
The PDX-2.150 2-channel amplifier supplies 150 watts of full-range power to each channel, plenty of power for the most demanding component speaker systems or most subs. Beefy internal components and clever engineering keep the power output strong and the noise low for superb fidelity and control. Adjustable frequency filters tailor the amp's output to your specific system.
Front-mounted controls make post-installation adjustments a snap. Gold-plated RCA inputs and power connections resist corrosion and signal degradation. Nifty speaker wire plugs ensure a tight connection and guarantee that your speakers work in unison.
- 2-channel car amplifier
- 150 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (150 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 300 watts RMS x 1 in bridged mode (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- variable high- and low-pass filters (30-400 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- Class-D amplifier design
- stackable installation design with front-panel controls
- quick-connect speaker connectors
- preamp-level inputs
- MOSFET power and output stages
- CEA-2006 compliant
- fuse rating: 15A x 2
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 10-3/16"W x 2-1/2"H x 8-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PDX-2.150
What's in the box:
- 2-channel amplifier with two 15-amp blade fuses installed
- 2 Speaker quick connect terminals
- 4 Joint caps (for stacking multiple amps)
- Four 1-1/2" Self-tapping screws
- Four M4 x 36mm Machine screws
- Eight M2.6 x 14mm Machine screws (with lock washers attached)
- 2mm Allen wrench
- 4mm Allen wrench
- Owners Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration/Survey
- Warranty sheet
- Specification verification certificate
Alpine PDX-2.150 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine PDX-2.150
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
150 x 2 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||150 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||300 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-50kHz Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||78 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||30-400 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||30-400 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Fuse Rating||15 x 2|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
PDX Amplifier Design: Class-D amplifiers boast higher efficiency, produce much less heat, and draw less current than traditional Class-AB amps. The PDX series is Alpine's totally new super-efficient power density design of full range class-D amps. They combine MOSFET power supplies, MOSFET final outputs, and a thermal management processor, along with a 4-Layer Glass Epoxy PC Board to create a high-end sound quality without the bulky heat sinks required by most amps with this much power.
STAR Topology: Alpine's unique STAR (Signal Transit for Accurate Response) Circuit PCB design provides a single common ground for all amp sub-blocks, preventing ground interference and minimizing internal noise.
Terminal Layout: For wiring convenience all the inputs and outputs on the amp are on one side.
Verification Certificate: The amplifier comes with a certificate that lists the RMS power output of the individual amplifier. It also lists the model number, serial number, test date, and the test conditions (14.4 volts, 4 ohms).
Speaker Connecters: The PDX series amps use a new Speaker Quick Connect plug to attach the speaker wires to the amp. Bare speaker wire, up to 8 gauge, is held in place by a set screw, the Quick Connect plug then plugs into the amp. Like an RCA jack, the Quick Connect plug uses a center positive layout, so it fits two ways and both maintain correct polarity.
Stack Amps: Because the PDX series design generates so little heat, up to three amps can be stacked and bolted together. All three amps in the series, PDX-2.150, PDX-4.150, and PDX-1.1000 share the same footprint, so they can be stacked together.
Notes: When stacking multiple amplifiers, do not install vertically or at an incline. Any stack installation other than parallel to the vehicle floor, invalidates the warranty.
LED: The top mounted LED Power/Status indicator glows blue when operating normally and red when one of the protection circuits engages.
Protection Circuits: This amplifier includes protection circuits to prevent damage due to the following conditions:
- ambient temperature too high
- supply current too high
- short to ground
- over voltage
Controls (front of unit): Once set, the controls are covered by a door.
- Crossover Mode switch: set to HP (high pass), OFF (full range) or LP (low-pass)
- Crossover Frequency: rotary control used to select the crossover frequency, variable from 30 to 400Hz
- Gain control: rotary control used to set the amplifier's gain according the level of the incoming signal, continuously variable from 0.2V to 4.0V
Inputs and Outputs (rear of unit):
- Power and Ground terminals: power and ground terminals are gold plated set screw terminals, will accept up to 4 gauge bare wire, Alpine recommends 6 gauge wire minimum
- Remote Turn-on terminal: gold plated set screw terminal, will accept up to 10 gauge bare wire
- Speaker terminals: each speaker output uses Alpine's Speaker Quick Connect plug
- Line Level Input: Left and right female RCA jacks, gold plated