About the Alpine PKG-RSE3DVD
With Alpine's PKG-RSE3DVD rear seat entertainment system, your DVD collection won't gather dust at home anymore. This overhead monitor/DVD player combo gives the kids in the backseat some exciting options to stave off backseat boredom on long trips. In addition to playing DVDs, this system accepts video input from an iPod®, iPhone®, iPad® or video game console, making this one of the most dynamic systems on the road. Its crisp 10.2" flip-down WSVGA monitor delivers stunning picture clarity and high brightness for better daylight viewing.
Alpine includes two wireless headphones so that the kids in the back can enjoy their movie . . . quietly.
Create the feeling of surround sound by tuning audio from the PKG-RSE3DVD through your car speakers with the built-in FM modulator, or connect it to your stereo's auxiliary input. If the sound of Decepticon laser blasts or clanging swords is too distracting to the driver, back-seaters can listen privately via two included, wireless headphones. You can give the kids full independence with Alpine's full-function wireless remote, or if you'd like a little more parental control, keep the remote handy to get their attention if you need to.
- 10.2" (16:9 widescreen) overhead, fold-down video monitor with built-in DVD player and top panel controls
- plays DVD-Video, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, XviD, JPEG, and MP3
- 1.84 million pixels for excellent picture quality
- includes two pairs of SHS-N106 wireless headphones
- built-in wireless FM transmitter
- includes multi-function remote control
- 2 AUX inputs/1 AUX output for connection to additional sources
- three console shroud covers (in black, gray, and tan) included for convenient color matching to the vehicle's interior
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PKG-RSE3DVD
What's in the box:
- 10.2" Flip-down overhead monitor/DVD player
- Wireless remote (RUE-4159)
- 2 Wireless headphones (SHS-N106)
- 6 "AAA" batteries
- Power/ground harness
- Aux input harness
- AV output harness
- Wireless transmitter harness
- Black trim-ring
- 3 Top covers (Black/Tan/Grey)
- 3 Rear covers (Black/Tan/Grey)
- 6 Side covers (Black/Tan/Grey)
- Mounting bracket
- 4 Bracket screws (lock-/flat-washers)
- 5 Trim-ring screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Installation Manual
- "Caution" note
Alpine PKG-RSE3DVD reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine PKG-RSE3DVD
10.2" LCD Monitor: The Alpine PKG-RSE3DVD overhead monitor features a 10.2" widescreen 16:9 TFT Active Matrix LCD with LED backlighting. The screen has a total of 1,843,200 pixels (1024 RGB x 600). For the best viewing angle, you can manually tilt the monitor up and down 180-degrees. You also can adjust the following picture settings of the monitor.
- Backlight Brightness: Adjust the monitor's backlight brightness to Low, Mid, or High.
- Picture Mode: Select between six preset pictures modes - Standard, Vivid, Game, Sport, Cinema, or Custom.
- Custom Mode: The Custom mode allows you to manually adjust the monitor's contrast, brightness, color, and tint (+/-7).
DVD Player: The Alpine PKG-RSE3DVD 's built-in, slot-load DVD player supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD+R/RW, and DVD-R/RW discs; along with XviD video, JPEG photo, and MP3 music files.
AV Input/Outputs: The PKG-RSE3DVD overhead monitor is equipped with two audio/video inputs for connecting external audio/video sources to the PKG-RSE3DVD. Each audio/video input consists of a composite video jack and stereo RCA jacks. The Alpine overhead monitor also features a composite video output with stereo RCA output for connecting this unit to your vehicle's in-dash multimedia head unit.
Built-In FM Transmitter: The Alpine PKG-RSE3DVD overhead monitor features a built-in FM transmitter used to supply audio from the unit over RF frequency to your factory head unit which is not equipped with an auxiliary or AV input. The built-in FM modulator's frequency is selectable between 88.1 MHz and 92.1 MHz, in 0.2 MHz steps.
IR Headphones: The PKG-RSE3DVD includes a built-in infrared transmitter for use with the supplied headphones (SHS-N106). The transmitter and headphones have two channels (Channel A = 2.3/2.8MHz or Channel B = 3.2/3.8MHz), to avoid any interference. The headphone volume is adjusted using the integrated controls on each headset. The pair of headphones each operate off of two "AAA" batteries. Additional wireless headphones (500SHSN106, sold separately) are available.
LED Dome Lights: The roof mount monitor contains white LED dome lights that can be manually turned on or off with a switch on front of the unit. The unit's LED dome lights can also be wired to your factory dome lights so they turn on and off whenever your interior factory lighting turns on or off with the opening of your vehicle's doors.
Remote Control: In addition to the unit's hard-key controls along the frame, the roof mount monitor comes supplied with an IR wireless remote control that operates all the functions of the unit.
Mounting: The Alpine PKG-RSE3DVD mounts to roof of your vehicle with the supplied metal mounting bracket and supplied hardware. The PKG-RSE3DVD comes supplied with interchangeable, snap-on Black, Grey, and Tan plastic frames to match your vehicle's interior.