About the Alpine PLT-5
LAT Subwoofer System
Revolutionary technology, massive sound, and Alpine they just go together. Alpine's LAT Subwoofer Systems utilize cutting-edge Linear Array Transducer (LAT) technology, which uses a series of small woofers to create sound output equal to that of a much larger subwoofer while using much less space.
The PLT-5 Subwoofer System's subwoofer array consists of six 5-inch cones that provide the same bass punch as a pair of 10" subs. Alpine houses the subs in a super-efficient Ultra Reflex enclosure and matches them up to a highly-efficient 250-watt digital amplifier. The result? Clean, pounding bass from an enclosure that will fit behind the front seat of most full-size regular cab pickups.
The PLT-5 incorporates speaker- and preamp-level inputs, and features a low-frequency filter for matching the bass output to your system. A remote bass knob gives you fingertip control of the variable bass boost.
- amplified subwoofer system with Linear Array Transducer (LAT) technology
- six 5-inch woofer cones in Ultra Reflex subwoofer box
- Alpine PDX 250-watt RMS digital amplifier
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- bass boost (0-12 dB @ 45 Hz) with wired remote control
- subsonic filter (15 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- phase control (0, 180 degrees)
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring not included with system
- 21-5/8"W x 13-3/8"H x 8-7/8"D1 x 6-3/16"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PLT-5
What's in the box:
- Powered truck-style subwoofer
- 2 Metal mounting plates
- Remote bass control unit
- 16.25' Remote bass cable (has a phone-type connector on each end)
- 19" Speaker-level input harness
- 2 Right-angle RCA adapters
- 4 Pan-head self-tapping screws
- 8 Flat-head self-tapping screws
- One 5/32" Allen wrench
- One 1/8" Allen wrench
- Owner's Manual (English/French)
- Warranty sheet
- Customer Care Registration sheet
LAT Subwoofer System reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine PLT-5
LAT Subwoofer System
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||6 x 5|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||250 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||N/A|
|Crossover Point||50-120 Hz|
Product Overview: The PLT-5 features Linear Array Transducer (LAT) technology, which uses a series of small woofers to create sound output equal to that of a much larger subwoofer. The subwoofer array consists of six 5-inch cones that provide the same bass punch as a pair of 10" subs. The woofers are housed in a small Ultra Reflex enclosure and powered by a 250-watt RMS amplifier.
Low-pass Filter: The built-in low-pass filter can be adjusted from 50 to 120 Hz.
Bass Boost: The amplifier features a 0 to +12dB bass boost, centered at 45 Hz.
Remote Bass Control Knob: You can control the bass level from the driver's seat with the supplied Remote Bass Control knob. The control knob connects to the amplified subwoofer via the supplied remote bass cable. The control knob has the following dimensions: W=1.794" (including mounting flanges), H=1.008", D=2.352" (including knob).
Phase Control: The subwoofer's phase control allows you to adjust the phase of the subwoofer's output relative to the system. If the bass sounds muddy or unclear, adjusting the phase control can sometimes strengthen the bass "attack."
- Gain Control: rotary control that allows you to adjust the level of the subwoofer
- Crossover Control: rotary control that allows you to adjust the low-pass filter from 50 to 120 Hz
- Bass EQ: rotary control that allows you to adjust the bass boost from 0 to +12 dB
- Phase Control: switch that allows you to set the subwoofer's phase to 0° or 180°
- Input: switch that allows you to choose the speaker-level or RCA-level inputs
- BATT: set-screw terminal that accepts up to 4-gauge wire
- REM: set-screw terminal that accepts up to 8-gauge wire
- GND: set-screw terminal that accepts up to 4-gauge wire
- Remote: phone-type jack for use with the supplied Remote Bass Control knob
- Speaker-level Input: 4-pin jack for use with the supplied speaker-level input harness