About the Alpine PSS-23WRA
Your JL can sound as good as it looks
Your JL can sound as good as it looks
Your Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL epitomizes fun. It does everything, goes everywhere, but I've gotta ask... does it sound as good as it could, especially when the top's down? Well, Alpine has a solution. They've been creating great-sounding, seamless solutions for Wranglers a while now, and this Restyle PSS-23WRA audio upgrade package serves up everything you're missing in the JL factory system.
What this system's packin'
When the top is down and the wind's blowing, you can lose more than just your hat. Without a sub, your music's low end can sound less defined and the high frequency detail can get lost with the whoosh of passing traffic. This system adds Alpine's PWE-S8 powered 8" sub for some serious bass reinforcement and a pair of impressive SPR-10TW 1" silk dome tweeters to bring out all the high-frequency details. Of course, you'll need power for all your speakers, which is where the KTP-445U Power Pack comes in, supplying 45 watts RMS to your factory speakers and new tweeters.
Best of all, installation is simplified thanks to included Wrangler-specific brackets, adapters, and wiring harnesses.
- compatible with select 2018-up Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL vehicles
- designed for Wranglers without the premium Alpine system
- package includes:
- two 1" silk dome tweeters and mounting adapters;
- KTP-445U amplifier: 45 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms;
- PWE-S8 powered sub: 8" sub with 120-watt amp;
- T-harness for getting signal from Jeep radio (works with aftermarket radios too)
- mounting hardware and connectors
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PSS-23WRA
What's in the box:
Alpine PSS-23WRA owner's manual
- KTP-445U amplifier
- PWE-S8 powered subwoofer (both pre-attached to vehicle mounting bracket)
- 7' Signal harness
- 12' Loomed power wire w/ inline 20A fuse
- 52-Pin t-harness
- Four 10" speaker to RCA harnesses
- Two SPR-10TW tweeters w/ integrated mounting plates and 8" wire loom w/ inline crossovers
- Remote bass-level control w/ attached 16' cable
- 3" Strip of hook-and-loop fastener
- Ten 6" wire-ties
- 1/2" Self-tapping screw
- 2 Alpine logos
- Installation guide
- Warranty sheet
Alpine PSS-23WRA reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Alpine PSS-23WRA
Features & specs
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||20 - 20k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||45|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||90|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||90|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||---|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||---|
Overview: Alpine's PSS-23WRA is a dedicated 300 watt sound system designed specifically for 2018 - Up Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL vehicles not equipped with a factory amplified sound system. The system includes a KTP-445U 4 x 45 watt amplifier, SPR-10TW tweeters for the front dash, and a PWE-S8 8" powered subwoofer. The PSS-23WRA also includes a remote bass knob, for changing the bass level from the dash, along with all the mounting hardware and wiring harnesses necessary for mounting and adapting into the factory system.
Wiring: The PSS-23WRA system can be interfaced with a factory radio (non-amplified) or an aftermarket radio, including Alpine's Restyle headunits. The included T-harness interfaces the factory wiring in the dash, providing either a speaker-level signal from a factory radio or an RCA line-level signal from an aftermarket radio, to feed to the Alpine KTP-445U amplifier. The T-harness also feeds the amplified return signal back into the factory wiring and out to each of the speakers, utilizing the factory speaker wires. The provided wiring includes a 10 ga. power wire, with inline fuse holder, that gets run to the battery, providing power for both the 4-channel amp and the PWE-S8 subwoofer. Inline high-pass crossovers are provided for both sets of tweeters.
Mounting: Alpine provides a pre-attached bracket that mounts both the KTP-445U amp and the PWE-S8 subwoofer underneath the front passenger side seat. This means no usable space in the vehicle is taken up by the sound system. Each of the two tweeters also include pre-attached brackets, allowing them to sit in the factory locations and mount directly to the factory screw holes.
KTP-445U: The Alpine KTP-445U Head Unit Power Pack is a power upgrade amplifier that allows you to add higher output and more dynamic response to your aftermarket or factory installed car stereo system (without factory amplifiers). The Power Pack employs a 45 watt x 4 channel amplifier with an unbelievably low noise floor, taking extra care to ensure a clean signal path, with no extraneous interference. The end result is a 1 Watt Signal-to-Noise Ratio of 82dB or better. Uniquely, the amplifier distortion actually decreases at higher frequencies, resulting in a clean and clear signal where your ear is most sensitive to distortion (< 0.03% THD+N @ 1W; 1% THD+N @ rated power). The Alpine KTP-445U Head Unit Power Pack provides independent controls for the Front & Rear inputs.
- Front & Rear Gains: The Power Pack provides simple variable gain controls (speaker level: 0.5-10V, low-level: 0.2-4V) for flexibility and a wide variety of system applications.
- Front & Rear HPF: High-Pass selectable switches for the amplifier's Front & Rear inputs allow frequency filtering for a wide variety of speakers. Choose "Full-Range" or a selectable range (60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz) to fine-tune your crossover points (-12dB/oct.).
- Configurable Inputs: On the bottom panel of the Power Pack there are selectable input options to accommodate Speaker-Level (0.5V-10V) or RCA (0.2V-4V) inputs.
- 4Ch/2Ch Modes: Selectable 2-Channel & 4-Channel options give you the control to determine source inputs, and can eliminate the need for Y-adapters.
PWE-S8: The Alpine PWE-S8 is a compact self-amplified subwoofer that's designed to fit in tight spaces, such as underneath the passenger's seat, which is where the included mounting hardware allows it to be hidden. The PWE-S8 includes a built-in 120 watt Class D amp along with an 8" high-excursion subwoofer. It can accept either line- or speaker-level inputs and features an Auto Turn-on circuit that will activate the amp when it senses a signal on the speaker-level inputs. An included wired remote lets you easily adjust the bass level from the front seating area. The control can be mounted under a dash panel and gives you a level range from 0 to -20 dB, relative to the gain setting on the amplifier. Controls on the subwoofer include:
- Gain: Can vary the input level from 0.2 - 4.0 volts line-level and 0.5 - 10 volts speaker-level.
- Low Pass Filter: Rotary control that can set the filter cutoff between 50 - 150 Hz.
- Phase: Switches between 0˚ and 180˚.
- Power Mode: Switches between SP IN (speaker-level input) and REM (wired remote input).
SPR-10TW: The included SPR-10TW tweeters are perfect for adding the extra high-end signals that are often missing from factory systems. The tweeter's pre-attached mounting brackets are designed to match perfectly to the factory mounting location and allow the tweeter to be tilted up to 15˚ in any direction to help focus the sound towards your ears. Each crossover has four tweeter level options, allowing you to precisely tune the high frequencies to the car interior and tweeter placement. Using the supplied jumpers select 0dB (no attenuation), -2dB, -4dB, or -6dB.
7 questions already asked
Nice system. Overpriced. These are $1,400 no matter who is selling them. Installation took me an afternoon. The toughest part was routing the cables behind the dash. There is not a lot of room back there. The sound is great.
Mike from Bridgeville, PA