About the Alpine PSS-SX01
Sweet-sounding speakers for your side-by-side
Sweet-sounding speakers for your side-by-side
This Bluetooth-equipped speaker/amp combo from Alpine lets you add serious sound to your side-by-side. The PSS-SX01 package includes a powerful 4-channel amp, a pair of rugged, outdoor-ready 6-1/2" speakers, and a Bluetooth adapter, so you can crank and control your tunes wherever your outdoor adventures take you. This all-weather system is easy to mount on 1-1/2" – 2" rails, and it's styled to look sharp on your vehicle.
The fiberglass speakers are built tough and tuned to perform, with Teteron dome tweeters and impressive bass performance. They're IP55-rated for water resistance and the pods are finished in a durable matte black coating that'll blend right in with your side-by-side. Santoprene rubber surrounds keep moisture out.
An outdoor-ready amp
The compact Alpine KTA-30FW Class D marine 4-channel amp will produce 75 watts RMS (150 peak) per channel, so your speakers will never lack the juice they need when you're jamming your tunes. It's IP66 rated for weather resistance, so you can ford streams and blast through mud to your heart's content.
Stream your tunes
With the included Bluetooth adapter, you can stream music directly from your smartphone. It pairs up quickly, so you can hit the trail with your soundtrack cranked up.
Mounting made easier
When it comes to mounting these speakers, you've got options. The universal folding-style clamps fit 1-1/2" – 2" rails, and the included clamps have a rotating, coated aluminum base that can be adjusted up to 90 degrees. The system will fit a variety of Can-Am, Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris, and Yamaha models.
- system includes 4-channel amplifier, controller, and two 6-1/2" speakers
- includes clamp-style bar mounts and water-resistant wiring harness
- fits in a variety of Polaris, Honda, Kawasaki, Can-Am, and Yamaha models
- marine-grade construction for weather resistance
- Bluetooth enabled with controller included
- 6-1/2" speakers in pods
- grille-mounted 1" Teteron dome tweeters
- IP55 weather-resistance rating
- power handling: 90 watts RMS (225 peak)
- frequency response: 50-22,000 Hz
- 4-channel marine amplifier
- 75 watts RMS per channel (150 watts peak)
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs
- high- and low-pass crossovers (variable 50-400 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
- IP66 weather-resistance rating
- matte black finish
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PSS-SX01
What's in the box:
- This package contains 3 individually boxed items along with parts in main box:
- Main Box:
- 2 Front logo badges
- 2 Rear logo badges
- Installation instructions
- Warranty information
- Product registration
- Alpine Technical Support information
- KTA-30FW Amplifier:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- 14" Power/signal harness (26-pin connector on one end and bare wires + RCAs on other end)
- 4 Self-tapping screws (Length 3/4")
- Connection sheet
- Limited Warranty sheet
- Thank you letter
- SPV-65-SXS Speaker Pods:
- 2 Speaker pods w/integrated mounting clamps and rubber bushings
- Two 8" Water-proof speaker connectors (threaded connector on one end / bare wire on other end)
- KCX-BT100 Bluetooth Adapter:
- Bluetooth adapter w/ 3M adhesive backing and attached 12" wires + RCA cables (inline 2A mini-ATC fuse)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine PSS-SX01
Overview: The Alpine PSS-SX01 sound system has been designed as an easy add-on for your ATV, UTV, or side-by-side with 1.5" - 2.0" diameter rails. It includes a KTA-30FW 4-channel amplifier, providing up to 75W RMS per channel, two SPV-65-SXS 6-1/2" speaker pods with built-in mounting clamps, and a KTX-BT100 Bluetooth audio adapter, all designed for all-weather powersports use.
Note: The Alpine PSS-SX01 does not include power, ground, remote, or speaker wire which must be purchased separately. 10 ga. power and ground wire is recommended.
Amp Overview: The Alpine KTA-30FW is a super-compact, weather-resistant power pack to give you higher power output and better dynamic range for open-air vehicles, such as ATVs and side-by-sides. This Class D amplifier can be used with the included Bluetooth adapter, as well as with factory head units or aftermarket sound systems. The KTA-30FW comes with a single harness with all of the power, input, and output connections, terminated with a water-resistant 26-pin connector.
Dynamic Peak Power (DPP): The KTA-30FW is equipped with a new dynamic power supply design that provides a burst of power when needed. Dynamic Peak Power (DPP) technology increases the internal gain level when more power is needed, effectively doubling the output power to give you better dynamic range at high volume.
Power Output: The KTA-30FW has the following power output specifications:
- CTA-2006-B Power Spec: 75 watts RMS x 4 (at 2 ohms and 4 ohms, 14.4V, ≤ 1% THD+N)
- Dynamic Peak Power Spec: 150 watts x 4 (at 2 ohms and 4 ohms, 14.4V, ≤ 1% THD+N)
Weather Resistant: The power pack is an ideal choice for vehicles that may be exposed to the elements. The KTA-30FW has an IP66 weather-resistance rating for protection against moisture and dust.
Connections: The weather-resistant OEM-grade Tyco 26-pin connector is for all needed amp connections, including the following:
- Power/Ground: The connector has 12" 10-gauge power (red) and ground (black) pigtails. The red power wire has a large, in-line noise filter. There is no internal or in-line fuse, so you'll need to add a 30A fuse near the battery's positive (+) terminal.
- Remote Turn-on: There are two remote leads on the connector. Connect the blue/white Remote Turn-on lead to the +12V remote turn-on lead from the Bluetooth adapter or head unit. The solid blue Remote Out lead can be used to turn on additional amplifiers. If your head unit does not have an amplifier turn-on lead, see Alternate Turn-on Options (below).
- Inputs: The amplifier will accept either line-level or speaker-level inputs. The amp's input wires are color-coded twisted pairs with female RCA jacks, two of which will get connected to the Bluetooth adapter's two RCA outputs. If connecting the amp to a source unit with RCA outputs, you can simply connect RCA cables to the amp. If the source unit does not have RCA outputs, you can cut off the amp's RCA jacks and splice the source unit's speaker wires to the twisted pair inputs. (Color codes: Front left: white, Front right: gray, Rear left: green, Rear right: purple)
- Speaker Outputs & Adapters: The connector has speaker output wires for four speakers. These 20-gauge speaker wires follow the same color coding as the input wires (see above). Two 8" water-proof speaker connectors are provided, with bare wire on one end that connects to two of the amp's speaker outputs, and threaded connectors on the other end that connect to each speaker pod for a water-tight seal.
Alternate Turn-on Options: If the amplifier to a source unit that does not have a traditional amplifier turn-on lead, or if the power antenna lead is activated only when the radio is on, there are two options for turning on the amp:
- Switched Power Source: The remote turn-on lead of the amplifier can be connected to a switched power source (ignition) in the vehicle. A 3A fuse should be installed close to the ignition tap. The amplifier will stay on as long as the ignition switch is on.
- Separate Switch: A SPST (single-pole, single-throw) switch can be installed on the amplifier's turn-on lead. Again, a 3A fuse should be added near the power source. The switch should be placed where it is accessible by the driver. The switch will need to be turned off when the vehicle is not running to avoid running the battery down.
Controls: Hidden beneath a water-resistant panel, the KTA-30FW's controls include the following:
- Input Signal: The amplifier will accept line-level or speaker-level input signals. You can indicate the type of signal being used via this 2-way switch (RCA or SPK)
- Input Configuration: You can connect the included Bluetooth adapter to either the Front or Rear RCA inputs, or a source unit with two- or four-channel inputs. If connecting four input channels, the 2-way switch should be set to 4CH. If connecting two input channels, or bridging the amp, the switch should be set to 2CH.
- Input Gain: There are independent rotary gain controls for CH1/2 and CH3/4. Each control has markings for Minimum (MIN), Maximum (MAX), and Nominal (NOM).
- Filter Mode: There are independent crossover controls for CH1/2 and CH3/4. You can set the crossover to High Pass (HP), Low Pass (LP), or Full Range (OFF), via the 3-way switch.
- Frequency: The filter cutoff frequencies can be independently set for CH1/2 and CH3/4. The rotary controls are continuously variable between 50Hz and 400Hz.
KTX-BT100: The Alpine PSS-SX01 powersports system includes a KTX-BT100 Bluetooth (ver. 4.0) adapter that lets you stream music from your Bluetooth-enabled device into the KTA-30FW amplifier, via two RCA connectors. Designed for outdoor use, the 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" weather-resistant Bluetooth module features a 3M adhesive backing, allowing it to be mounted to a flat surface near the amplifier. The KTX-BT100's Music Signal Remote Trigger Output feature allows the adapter to trigger the amplifier to power on when a Bluetooth signal is received. Pairing to the Bluetooth adapter is done by searching for and selecting the KTX-BT100 from your Bluetooth-enabled phone or tablet. The KTX-BT100 includes the following built-in wires:
- Red: +12V Switched/Ignition Power
- Black: Chassis Ground
- Blue/White: Remote Output
- The KTX-BT100 Bluetooth adapter is for music streaming only and does not support hands-free phone calls.
- The included wiring harnesses allow the KTX-BT100 to be mounted within 26" of the amplifier. If a longer distance is needed, an additional set of RCA cables and barrel-connectors will be required (sold separately).
SPV-65-SXS: The PSS-SX01 powersports system includes 2 Alpine SPV-65-SXS speaker pods with built-in mounting clamps. Each speaker includes a 6-1/2" 2-way driver.
- Drivers: The 6-1/2" woofer cone is constructed of Santoprene and features a 25mm diameter voice coil, all mounted to a steel frame. A bridge-mounted 1" Teteron dome tweeter is also included that's installed inside the speaker grille.
- Enclosures: The speaker enclosures are constructed of ASA 978 B+ fiberglass for all-weather durability.
- Mounting: Each speaker pod includes a built-in folding-style aluminum mounting clamp, with rubber bushings, that's designed to mount to rails ranging from 1.5" - 2.0" in diameter. The mounting position can be tilted by loosening the mounting clamp. Rotational-movement is not provided.
- Badges: Front and rear "Alpine" logo badges with adhesive backing are provided for attaching to each speaker pod.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Power: 75W RMS / 150W peak (@ 2Ω and 4Ω)
- Amp Topology: Class-D
- Input Sensitivity:
- RCA: 0.2V - 4V
- Speaker: 0.5V - 10V
- 10W into 2Ω: < 0.2%
- Rated Power into 2Ω: <0.1%
- 10W into 4Ω: <0.1%
- Rated Power into 4Ω: <0.1%
- S/N Ratio:
- 1W into 4Ω: ≤ 82dB
- Rated Power into 4Ω: > 98dB
- Weatherproof Rating: IP66
- Version: 4.0
- Power: +12VDC Switched power (inline 2A mini-ATC fuse)
- Driver Size: 6-1/2"
- Type: 2-Way
- Power Handling: 90W RMS / 225W peak
- Impedance: 4Ω
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 22kHz
- Weatherproof Rating:
- Drivers: IP55
- Enclosure: IP65