About the Alpine PSU-300MTG
Fix your factory sound
Fix your factory sound
The top two complaints about the sound of a Mustang's factory audio system are not enough volume and not enough bass. Alpine's PSU-300MTG Powered System Upgrade solves both of these issues in your Mustang with a neat and clever combination of products designed to bring joy to all music lovers.
The package includes a compact 4-channel amplifier and a powered subwoofer, both mounted in a Mustang-specific bracket which mounts under the dash and glove box in the passenger foot well and wired up using vehicle-specific harnesses. The PSU-300MTG upgrade is compatible with the factory Ford base radio and almost all other aftermarket receivers. Alpine says you should be able to install this upgrade in your car in two hours or less.
Universal power pack
Alpine's KTP-445U Power Pack amplifier increases your radio's power output to 45 watts RMS by 4 channels, considerably more than what's put out by the Ford radio. A universal plug lets you feed a signal via RCA outputs or speaker-level wiring. A built-in high-pass filter optimizes the sound for your speakers.
Compact powered subwoofer
Alpine's PWE-S8 powered sub uses a Class D amplifier rated at 120 watts RMS to drive the 8" shallow-mount, high-excursion subwoofer, so there's plenty of power for your bass. The amp features controls for phase, gain, and a low-pass crossover, so you'll be able to blend the bass with the rest of your system. A wired remote control lets you adjust the bass level from the driver's seat.
Important Note: This upgrade package won't work in a Mustang with the Ford premium amplified system
- factory audio system upgrade
- fits select 2015-up Ford Mustang without factory premium sound
- Alpine KTP-445U Power Pack 4-channel amplifier
- 45 watts RMS x 4 at 2 or 4 ohms
- Alpine PWE-S8 compact powered subwoofer
- 8" woofer
- 120 watts RMS amplifier
- vehicle-specific bracket holds sub and amp under glove box
- vehicle-specific wiring pre-cut and terminated
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PSU-300MTG
What's in the box:
- PWE-S8 Powered sub and attached KTP-445U 4-ch amplifier w/ integrated brackets
- 7' Main harness
- 12' Loomed power cable (inline 20A fuse)
- 11" T-harness
- Four 10" speaker-RCA harnesses
- Mounting plate
- 2 Mounting clips
- Remote bass knob w/ 16' cord
- 2.5" Strip of hook-and-loop fastener
- Ten 6" wire-ties
- Four 3/4" machine screws w/ flat washers
- One 1/2" self-tapping pan-head screw
- 1 Star-washer
- Installation guide
- Warranty sheet
- Alpine Technical Support contact sheet
Alpine PSU-300MTG reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine PSU-300MTG
Overview: Alpine's PSU-3MTG is a dedicated 300 watt sound system designed specifically for 2015 - 2019 Ford Mustangs, base and GT models not equipped with a factory Premium 9-speaker sound system. The system includes a KTP-445U 4 x 45 watt amplifier, a PWE-S8 8" powered subwoofer, and all the wiring needed, pre-loomed and ready to install. The PSU-3MTG also includes a remote bass knob for changing the bass level from the dash.
Wiring: The PSU-3MTG system can be interfaced with a factory radio (non-amplified) or an aftermarket radio. The included T-harness interfaces the factory wiring in the dash, providing either a speaker-level signal from a factory radio or an RCA line-level signal from an aftermarket radio, to feed to the Alpine KTP-445U amplifier. The T-harness also feeds the amplified return signal back into the factory wiring and out to each of the speakers, utilizing the factory speaker wires. The provided wiring includes a 10 ga. power wire, with inline fuse holder, that gets run to the battery, providing power for both the 4-channel amp and the PWE-S8 subwoofer.
Mounting: Alpine provides pre-attached brackets that are designed specifically to mount both the KTP-445U amp and the PWE-S8 subwoofer behind the glove box. This means no usable space in the vehicle is taken up by the sound system.
KTP-445U: The Alpine KTP-445U Head Unit Power Pack is a power upgrade amplifier that allows you to add higher output and more dynamic response to your aftermarket or factory installed car stereo system (without factory amplifiers). The Power Pack employs a 45 watt x 4 channel amplifier with an unbelievably low noise floor, taking extra care to ensure a clean signal path, with no extraneous interference. The end result is a 1 Watt Signal-to-Noise Ratio of 82dB or better. Uniquely, the amplifier distortion actually decreases at higher frequencies, resulting in a clean and clear signal where your ear is most sensitive to distortion (< 0.03% THD+N @ 1W; 1% THD+N @ rated power). The Alpine KTP-445U Head Unit Power Pack provides independent controls for the Front & Rear inputs.
- Front & Rear Gains: The Power Pack provides simple variable gain controls (speaker level: 0.5-10V, low-level: 0.2-4V) for flexibility and a wide variety of system applications.
- Front & Rear HPF: High-Pass selectable switches for the amplifier's Front & Rear inputs allow frequency filtering for a wide variety of speakers. Choose "Full-Range" or a selectable range (60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz) to fine-tune your crossover points (-12dB/oct.).
- Configurable Inputs: On the bottom panel of the Power Pack there are selectable input options to accommodate Speaker-Level (0.5V-10V) or RCA (0.2V-4V) inputs.
- 4Ch/2Ch Modes: Selectable 2-Channel & 4-Channel options give you the control to determine source inputs, and can eliminate the need for Y-adapters.
PWE-S8: The Alpine PWE-S8 is a compact self-amplified subwoofer with pre-installed brackets that allow it to be mounted behind the glove box, keeping it and the 4-channel amp out of sight. The PWE-S8 includes a built-in 120 watt Class D amp along with an 8" high-excursion subwoofer. It can accept either line- or speaker-level inputs and features an Auto Turn-on circuit that will activate the amp when it senses a signal on the speaker-level inputs. An included wired remote lets you easily adjust the bass level from the front seating area. The control can be mounted under a dash panel and gives you a level range from 0 to -20 dB, relative to the gain setting on the amplifier. Controls on the subwoofer include:
- Gain: Can vary the input level from 0.2 - 4.0 volts line-level and 0.5 - 10 volts speaker-level.
- Low Pass Filter: Rotary control that can set the filter cutoff between 50 - 150 Hz.
- Phase: Switches between 0˚ and 180˚.
- Power Mode: Switches between SP IN (speaker-level input) and REM (wired remote input).
2 questions already asked