About the Alpine PWA-S10V
You love listening to music in your car, but it's missing some low end punch. Alpine's PWA-S10V powered subwoofer will put some bass thump back into your music. Alpine builds a 2-ohm BASSLINE™ 10" subwoofer and a space-saving MRV-M250 amp into an extremely low-profile ported enclosure that delivers enhanced boom.
BASSLINE in place
The SWA-10S4 BASSLINE 10” speaker comes equipped with a rigid polypropylene/mica cone that won't flex under high volumes and cause distortion, while its poly-foam surround will last for years to come. The tough steel frame offers the stability you need to keep the bottom tight during intense bass sessions. This sub handles up to 250 watts RMS, and its 2-ohm impedance makes it a perfect match for the MRV-M250 amplifier.
The ported enclosure helps get big bass without taking up too much space.
A full-fledged sub amp
While the Class D MRV-M250 amp delivers a perfect wallop for the sub, its small footprint enabled Alpine to build such a compact sub. The amp includes preamp- and speaker-level inputs, so you can install it in almost any vehicle, even one with a factory radio. If you're using the speaker-level inputs, the amp senses an incoming signal and turns itself on, eliminating the need to run a turn-on wire run back to your vehicle's receiver. You can even control the volume of your MRV-M250 from the front seat with the optional RUX-KNOB remote bass controller.
Only 11" deep
The PWA-S10V's angled-back box design is only 11" deep, so it'll fit into tight areas in your car or truck. And don't let the small size fool you — this shallow enclosure still lets the sub hit down deep when your music calls for it. The ported enclosure helps the amp to run efficiently, as well as sustaining that nice bass bump you can feel. The enclosure includes a BASSLINE grille to protect your speaker and show what's important to you.
- powered 10" subwoofer enclosure
- SWA-10S4 BASSLINE subwoofer
- Alpine MRV-M250 amp (250 watts RMS at 2 ohms)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 50 Hz)
- variable low-pass crossover (50-400 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- Remote Sensing automatic turn-on when using speaker-level inputs
- compatible with optional RUX-KNOB wired remote level control
- frequency response: 26-400 Hz
- 21-11/16"W x 13-3/16"H x 9-1/16"D1 x 11-13/16"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PWA-S10V
What's in the box:
- 10" Subwoofer in ported enclosure
- MRV-M250 Amplifier (mounted to enclosure)
- Removable amplifier trim panel (installed)
- 30-amp ATO fuse (installed)
- 2 Metal mounting plates
- 7" Speaker-level input harness
- Six 1/2" Pan-head self-tapping screws
- One 5-1/2" Zip tie
- Enclosure installation instructions (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Amplifier owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Warranty information
- On-line product registration information
- Amplifier test verification certificate
Alpine PWA-S10V reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine PWA-S10V
Features & specs
|Finish Material||Textured Vinyl|
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||250 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||N/A|
Auto Turn-on: If using the speaker level input, an automatic circuit turns the amplifier on when it senses an input signal. When using the line level inputs you must also use a remote turn on lead.
Low Pass Filter: The amp has a built-in low-pass filter, variable from 50 to 400 Hz with a slope of 24 dB/octave. This being a subwoofer amp, the crossover is always engaged.
Speaker Level Input: A speaker level input harness is included, making it easier to add the amplifier to a factory radio or to a receiver with no preamp outputs. The 8-pin harness has inputs for front and rear speakers. While only two speaker inputs are necessary, wiring all four will minimize the fader's effect on the subwoofer output.
Bass EQ: The Bass EQ circuit provides a variable boost (0-12dB) at 50 Hz.
Optional Wired Remote: An RJ-25 jack is provided for connecting an optional RUX-KNOB wired remote (item number 500RUXKNOB, sold separately), allowing remote control of the output level of the amplifier.
- Gain: rotary control; 0.15-4.0 volts line level; 0.4-10 volts speaker level
- Low Pass Filter: rotary control; 50-400 Hz
- Bass EQ: rotary control; 0 to +12 dB centered at 50 Hz
- BATT: screw terminal; accepts spade connectors or ring terminals up to 0.35" wide (Alpine recommends minimum 8 gauge power and ground wire)
- REM: screw terminal; accepts spade connectors or ring terminals up to 0.35" wide
- GND: screw terminal; accepts spade connectors or ring terminals up to 0.35" wide
- RCA: left and right line level inputs
- Remote: phone-type jack for use with the optional wired remote
- Speaker-level Input: 8-pin jack for use with the supplied speaker-level input harness
- Speaker Output: screw terminal; connected to the subwoofer at the factory
- Width: 21-11/16"
- Height: 13-13/16"
- At Base: 11-13/16" (13-1/8" including the speaker grille)
- At Top: 9-1/8" (10-1/2" including the speaker grille)
Amplifier CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N) over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4Ω. CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers on an equal basis. Using CEA-2006 criteria, the Alpine MRV-M250 is rated as follows:
- Power Output:
- 4Ω: 150 watts x 1-channel (<0.2% THD+N)
- 2Ω: 250 watts x 1-channel (<0.3% THD+N)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 85 dBA (105 dB at rated power)
7 questions already asked