About the Alpine PWE-S8
Big sound from a small box
Big sound from a small box
Don't have the space for a big subwoofer enclosure, but still want the thrill of sub-bass? At only 3" deep, Alpine's PWE-S8 powered subwoofer fits in all kinds of tight spaces: in the trunk of your car, behind the seat in your pickup, or even under the seat in some cars. And it's made to stand up to life on the road, with its rugged cast metal enclosure that's built to take the hard knocks of a tight installation while protecting your equipment.
In the box
At only 3" deep, the PWE-S8 can fit almost anywhere.
Alpines uses a Class D amplifier rated at 120 watts RMS to drive the PWE-S8's 8" shallow-mount, high-excursion subwoofer, so there's plenty of power for your bass. The amp features controls for phase, gain, and a low-pass crossover, so you''ll be able to match the bass up to the rest of your system.
You'll also find an input for a wired remote control that lets you dial in your sound from the driver's seat. Easy-access RCA line-level inputs and speaker-level inputs with automatic turn-on make it easy to integrate this sub into almost any system. The PWE-S8 has everything you need to bring bass to places where there was never the room for boom.
- powered subwoofer with cast metal enclosure
- 8" woofer high-excursion cone
- built-in Class D amplifier (120 watts RMS/240 watts peak)
- 10-gauge amp wiring kit required (sold separately)
- frequency response: 32-150 Hz
- variable low-pass crossover (80-200 Hz)
- variable phase control (0-180 degrees)
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- dimensions: 13-1/2"W x 9"H x 3"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PWE-S8
What's in the box:
- Amplified enclosure with one 8" subwoofer installed
- 12" Wiring harness (Power with in-line fuse holder/ Ground/ Remote turn-on/ Speaker level input)
- Two 15 amp ATO fuses (one installed in the power wire fuse holder/ 1 spare)
- Remote level control with 15' cable attached (3.5mm mini-plug on the end)
- Adhesive backed hook and loop mounting fasteners (to mount the remote)
- 4 Mounting brackets
- Eight 5/8" Pan head self-tapping screws
- Eight M4x7.5mm Machine screws
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Warranty information
- On-line product registration information
- System installation notice
Alpine PWE-S8 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine PWE-S8
Features & specs
|Finish Material||Cast Aluminum|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||120 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||240 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||N/A|
Auto Turn-on: If using the speaker level input, an automatic circuit turns the amplifier on when it senses an input signal. When using the line level inputs you must also use a remote turn on lead.
Note: No wiring is included with the the powered subwoofer. A 10 ga. amp wiring kit is recommended and must be purchased separately.
Low Pass Filter: The amp has a built-in low-pass filter, variable from 50 to 150 Hz.
Speaker Level Input: A speaker level input harness is included, making it easier to add the amplifier to a factory radio or to a receiver with no preamp outputs.
Wired Remote: Using the included wired remote you can easily adjust the bass output level from the driver's seat (or wherever you mount the remote). The range is 0 to -20 dB, relative to the gain setting on the subwoofer chassis.
- Gain: rotary control; 0.2-4.0 volts line level; 0.5-10 volts speaker level
- Low Pass Filter: rotary control; 50-150 Hz
- Phase: two position switch; 0° or 180°
- Power Mode: two position switch; SP IN (speaker level input, auto sensing) or REM (wired remote turn-on)
- Harness: the included 12" harness contains power (+12 volts), ground, remote turn-on, and speaker level inputs (left and right)
- RCA: left and right line level inputs
- Remote: 3.5mm mini-jack for use with the included wired remote
- Width: 13.4"
- Height: 2.875"
- Depth: 9.062"
34 questions already asked