About the Alpine PXE-X09
We're encountering more and more large, multi-speaker sound systems in many newer vehicles that just don't sound very good. Alpine's PXE-X09 digital signal processor (DSP) solves this problem by offering up to sixteen channels of processing that will improve the sound coming from every speaker tucked into every nook and cranny inside your vehicle.
For example, the PXE-X09 offers the flexibility you need to deal with a vehicle with tweeters in the corners of the dash, midrange and mid-bass drivers in the front doors, a center channel speaker in the dash, 2-way components in the rear doors, left and right surround speakers in the rear deck, left and right subwoofers, and a rear deck center channel speaker.
This processor will work with an aftermarket receiver, using the left and right front, rear, and subwoofer outputs, for example, for the processor's inputs, and then mix and route the signals to sixteen outputs feeding sixteen channels of amplification. The PXE-X09 can also get connected using the factory amplified signals intended for all those speakers — Alpine includes speaker wire to RCA adapters to facilitate that connection method.
If you're lucky enough to have a car stereo with a digital output, the PXE-X09 features coaxial and optical digital inputs for the cleanest connections possible. The processor comes with a Bluetooth dongle so you can both stream content into the system from your compatible device and control the DSP tuning app.
The control app
You control the processing with a Windows-run PC via the supplied USB cable or wirelessly with your compatible Bluetooth device. You download the free PXE-X09 Tuning App for iOS or Android device from the Apple APP or Google Play Store. The PXE-X09 Sound Manager for Windows is available at Alpine.com.
What it can do
Matrix mixing allows for summing and input/output signal management. Fully adjustable high-pass, low-pass, and bandpass filters on every channel match the sound to each speaker. The 31-band equalizers, both parametric and graphic, help achieve the perfect tone, allowing you to smooth out any hot spots or dips in the frequency response of your vehicle's interior. The delay feature lets you center the stereo image for your listening position.
The processor comes with a wired remote controller so you can control volume, store and recall presets, and select between sources from the driver's seat.
Alpine PXE-X09 input panel
- DSP adjustments and settings made via Bluetooth device, Windows PC via USB, or wired remote
- includes wired LCD remote control, Bluetooth adapter, and USB cable
- 16-channel digital signal processor
- download PXE-X09 Tuning App for iOS or Android device from the Apple APP or Google Play Store
- download PXE-X09 Sound Manager for Windows at Alpine.com
- inputs: 16 assignable preamp and speaker-level, optical and coaxial digital
- RCA adapters for speaker-level inputs included
- outputs: 16 processed channels (RCA)
- 16-channel 24-bit 96 KHz digital processor
- 10-band input equalization (graphic or parametric)
- 31-band output equalization (graphic or parametric)
- adjustable high-, low-, and band-pass filters (20-20,000 Hz)
- selectable filter slopes (12, 18, 24, 30, 36, 42, 48 dB/octave)
- selectable filter characteristics (Butterworth, Bessel, and Linkwitz-Riley)
- delay: 0-20 milliseconds (0-273")
- phase adjustment: 0 or 180°
- built-in real-time analyzer (RTA)
- can store and recall up to 6 presets
- dimensions: 9-3/4"W x 2-5/16"H x 8-5/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PXE-X09
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine PXE-X09