About the Alpine PKG-RSE4AP
The biggest screen yet
The biggest screen yet
Family road trips can be a challenge, but Alpine's PKG-RSE4AP rear seat entertainment system will make back-seat battles a thing of the past. This overhead monitor features an HDMI input for HD video from any HDMI-enabled device like a smartphone or tablet. Now, everyone in the back seat will have a prime seat to enjoy movies, TV, and web content on the PKG-RSE4AP's crisp 11.4" flip-down monitor, thanks to stunning picture clarity and high brightness for better daylight viewing.
This versatile Alpine entertainment system even includes a built-in air purifier.
Create the feeling of surround sound by tuning audio from the PKG-RSE4AP through your car speakers with the built-in FM modulator, or connect it to your stereo's auxiliary input. If the sound of Decepticon laser blasts or clanging swords is too distracting to the driver, back-seaters can listen privately via two included wireless headphones. You can give the kids full independence with Alpine's full-function wireless remote, or if you'd like a little more parental control, keep the remote handy to get their attention if you need to. If you own a compatible Alpine receiver, Alpine's RSE Link feature gives you some control over the PKG-RSE4AP as well.
The air in there
The PKG-RSE4AP also does double-duty as an air purifier. Yes, you heard right. Using Sharp Plasmacluster technology, which emits charged ions from the Alpine screen, the PKG-RSE4AP suppresses the effects of airborne viruses, breaks down allergens, mold, and odors. If you frequently have kids and pets in your vehicle, this Alpine entertainment system is definitely your friend.
Note: Sorry, this product does not meet California requirements; it cannot be shipped to California.
- 11.4" (16:9 widescreen) overhead, fold-down LED video monitor
- built-in top panel controls
- includes two SHS-N106 single-source wireless IR headphones
- built-in wireless FM and IR transmitters
- includes multi-function remote control
- selectable seven-color LED domelight
- built-in Sharp Plasmacluster technology for cleaner air in your vehicle
- RSE Link control from compatible Alpine receivers
- resolution: 1024 x 600 (over 1,800,000 pixels)
- HDMI input
- three console shroud covers (black, gray, and gold) included for convenient matching to the vehicle's interior
- 16-1/2' harness and HDMI cable included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PKG-RSE4AP
What's in the box:
- 11.4" Flip-down overhead monitor
- 17' Main harness
- 10' Dome light harness
- 16.5' HDMI cable
- Remote control (RUE-300E)
- 2 Wireless headphones (SHS-N106)
- 4 "AAA" batteries
- CR2025 3V battery
- Trim-ring (gray)
- Mounting bracket
- HDMI-connector bracket
- Five M4 x 16mm machine screws (lock-/flat-washers attached)
- Two M3 x 8mm crews
- 2 Self-adhesive foam pads
- 18 Self-adhesive rubber pads
- Owner's Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine PKG-RSE4AP
Overhead Rear-Seat Entertainment System: The Alpine PKG-RSE4AP rear seat entertainment system features a 11.4" flip-down LCD monitor and two AV inputs (1 HDMI / 1 Composite). It also comes with two wireless IR headphones and a wireless IR remote control. In addition, it incorporates Plasmacluster technology to reduce contaminants and odors inside the vehicle.
Note: The PKG-RSE4AP rear seat entertainment system is not equipped with a built-in DVD player.
11.4" LCD Monitor: The PKG-RSE4AP rear seat entertainment system consists of a flip-down 11.4" widescreen (16:9) TFT Active Matrix LCD with LED backlighting for brilliant picture quality (1,843,200 total pixels). For the best viewing angle, you can manually tilt the monitor up and down 175-degrees. You also can adjust the following screen, video, and picture settings of the monitor.
- Screen Modes: You can set a screen display mode - Full (fills screen), Wide 1 (optimized for 16:9), Wide 2 (optimized for letterbox), and Normal (4:3 with black bars down each side).
- Visual EQ Modes: You can choose from 5 Visual EQ modes - Flat (normal), Night Movie (for movies with dark scenes), Sharp (sharpens older movies), Soft (suitable for animation), or High Contrast (optimized for new movies).
- Manual Picture Adjustments: Manual picture adjustments include Brightness, Color, Tint, Contrast, & Sharpness.
- Day & Night Brightness Levels: You can set the monitor's brightness level for Day (16-31) and Night (0-15) viewing. You can also have the monitor automatically adjust its brightness based on the brightness level inside the vehicle (Auto mode).
- Rest Mode: You can have monitor screen turn off after a set period of time - 30 minutes, 1 hour, or 2 hours. The monitor can then turn on again after a set period of time - 5, 10, 15, or 30 minutes.
HDMI Input: The Alpine PKG-RSE4AP rear seat entertainment system is equipped with one HDMI input for playback of audio and video from a mobile DVD player, Blu-ray player, or in-dash multimedia/navigation receiver with an HDMI output. The unit's HDMI input will support up to 1080p video and 2ch PCM audio. Use Apple's Lightning Digital AV adapter, the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device, and a HDMI cable to connect your iPod touch (5th gen or newer), iPhone (5 or newer), iPad 4, iPad Air, or iPad mini.
Composite Video + Stereo RCA Input: The overhead rear seat monitor system is also equipped with a composite video input and a stereo RCA input for connecting an external analog audio/video source.
IR Headphones: The PKG-RSE4AP includes a built-in infrared transmitter for use with the supplied headphones (SHS-N106). The transmitter and headphones have two channels (Channel A = 2.3/2.8MHz or Channel B = 3.2/3.8MHz), to avoid any interference. The headphone volume is adjusted using the integrated controls on each headset. The pair of headphones each operate off of two "AAA" batteries. Additional wireless headphones (500SHSN106, sold separately) are available.
Remote Control: The PKG-RSE4AP comes with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the rear seat entertainment system.
Dome Lights: The overhead rear seat entertainment system contains white LED dome lights that can be manually turned on or off from the remote control. The unit's LED dome lights can also be wired to your factory dome lights so they turn on and off whenever your interior factory lighting turns on or off with the opening of your vehicle's doors.
RSE Link: Alpine's RSE Link feature lets you control some of the rear seat entertainment system's functions through an Alpine in-dash multimedia/navigation receiver; like the X110-SLV, X110-SRA, X109-WRA, X108U, or INE-W967HD. You can adjust the PKG-RSE4AP's Plasmacluster system, the illumination color of the dome lights (White / Blue / Green / Amber / Red / Purple / Sky Blue / Off), and headphone volume.
Mounting Bracket: The Alpine PKG-RSE4AP mounts to the interior roof of your vehicle with the supplied metal mounting bracket and included hardware. It comes with a gray shroud cover (trim-ring) to match the headliner in many vehicles.
Plasmacluster Technology: Unique to the PKG-RSE4AP is the Plasmacluster technology which reduces contaminants and odors from inside the vehicle. The system uses plasma discharge to release positive and negative ions into the air. When they come in contact with a mold or spore, the ions transform into radicals which break down the bacteria and eventually return to the air as water. Plasmacluster technology reduces contaminants and odors from inside the vehicle. The Plasmacluster feature can be set to High, Mid, Low, or Off.
- A high concentration of ions can be more effectively achieved by making use of your vehicle's air conditioning.
- The unit may make a buzzing sound, but this is not unusual when Plasmacluster ions are being generated (the frequency of the sound may also change).
- The sound may get louder or quieter depending on the usage environment and the operating mode, but the Plasmacluster ion effectiveness will not change.
5 questions already asked