About the Alpine SBR-S83V
Alpine's SBR-S83V ported sub enclosure gives you the bass your system has been missing without taking up the valuable storage space you need. This enclosure is tuned by Alpine's experts to give you impressive bass with minimal power requirements.
Powerful 8" Type-R sub
Alpine loaded the SBR-S83V with an 8" Type-R subwoofer, a line of speakers known for their serious bass performance. They created the ported, high-quality MDF enclosure as a perfect match for the sub, guaranteeing maximum punch while maintaining a very small profile.
Slim box makes placement easy
The SBR-S83V comes in at only 6-5/8" deep so you can install it in a convertible's trunk, behind the seat in your standard cab pickup, and in many other problem vehicles. Carpet protects the enclosure from nicks and scratches, while a metal grille protects your sub from flying objects and other hazards in your car.
- ported enclosure with one 8" Type-R woofer
- 3/8" medium-density fiberboard construction (3/4" MDF front baffle)
- 4-ohm total impedance
- recommended power: 150-300 watts RMS (1,000 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 28-400 Hz
- 19-1/4"W x 11-3/8"H x 6-5/8""D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SBR-S83V
What's in the box:
- Ported enclosure loaded with one 8" woofer
- Installation notes
- Warranty information
- Customer care registration card
Alpine SBR-S83V reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine SBR-S83V
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Speakers Per Box||---|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||6-5/8|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Frequency Response||28-400 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||300|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Alpine SBR-S83V is a ported enclosure with a SWR-823D subwoofer installed, delivering tight, powerful bass. The enclosure, tuned to 30 Hz, is made from 3/8" MDF (3/4" for the front baffle) with internal bracing to ensure structural integrity. A single pair of spring post terminals on the left side of the enclosure accepts pin connectors, single or dual banana plugs, or bare wire up to 12-gauge. The sub's dual voice coils are wired in series to present a 4Ω load. Alpine recommends using a 30 Hz subsonic filter for best results.
- Kevlar Reinforced Pulp Cone: This Type-R subwoofer has a two-piece structural parabolic Kevlar reinforced pulp cone. Kevlar adds strength and tear resistance to the woofer cone while maintaining the damping benefits of a pulp cone. There is also an oversized inverted dust cap of the same material, which increases rigidity and virtually eliminates distortion at extreme volume levels.
- HAMR: The woofer features a High Amplitude Multi Roll Surround (HAMR), made of injection molded Santoprene. The HAMR design allows extreme excursion without sacrificing valuable cone area. FEA Optimized for linearity and made with injection-molded Santoprene, the HAMR surround is a key part of the suspension system that allows extreme excursions with accurate, distortion-free control.
- Spider with Reinforced Layer Spider Integration: An FEA optimized progressive Nomex spider with reinforced layer spider integration ensures reliable and consistent control of the tinsel-leads to eliminate any possible mechanical noises or interference typical of many high-excursion designs.
- Vented VC Heat Sink and Airflow Management System: Alpine's Patented Radial Vented VC Heat Sink and Airflow Management System actively manages voice coil temperatures by forcing air directly across the heat sink system. This helps to minimize power compression and ensures reliable long playing time by actively removing output-robbing heat from the voice coil. The new one-piece cast aluminum frame with integrated shorting sleeve uses the entire frame as a heat sink, allowing sustained power output and handling, even in the most extreme applications.
- Optimized Motor Structure: Thanks to its new six-piece, segmented, double stacked magnet structure, the new Type-R subwoofers have over 20% more motor force than their predecessors, offering more control over cone movement. The optimized machined motor structure also creates a symmetrical magnetic field while optimizing flux density to greatly reduce distortion, while further improving power handling and output.
- Pole Geometry: Alpine's patented Compound Radius Curve pole geometry ensures a symmetrical magnetic field, while optimizing flux density to reduce distortion, while further improving power handling and output.
- Oversized Voice Coil: The 40mm high-temperature (180°C), 4-layer dual voice coil offers more surface area to handle more power; 300W RMS / 1000W Peak.