About the Alpine SBR-S8-4
Add some bass, save some space
Add some bass, save some space
Alpine's SBR-S8-4 ported sub enclosure gives you the bass your system has been missing without taking up the valuable storage space you need. This enclosure is tuned by Alpine's experts to give you impressive bass with minimal power requirements.
The sturdy, ported enclosure lets you get impressive bass out of the 8" Type-R sub.
Powerful 8" Type-R sub
Alpine loaded the SBR-S8-4 with an 8" Type-R subwoofer, a speaker known for its serious bass performance. They created the ported, high-quality MDF enclosure as a perfect match for the sub, guaranteeing maximum punch while maintaining a very small profile.
Slim box makes placement easy
The SBR-S8-4 comes in at only 6-5/8" deep so you can install it in a convertible's trunk, behind the seat in your standard cab pickup, and in many other problem vehicles. Carpet protects the enclosure from nicks and scratches, while a metal grille protects your sub from flying objects and other hazards in your car.
- ported enclosure with one 8" Type-R woofer
- 3/8" medium-density fiberboard construction (3/4" MDF front baffle)
- 4-ohm total impedance
- recommended power: 150-350 watts RMS (1,000 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 30-200 Hz
- 19-1/4"W x 11-3/8"H x 6-5/8""D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SBR-S8-4
What's in the box:
- Ported enclosure loaded with one 8" woofer
- Installation notes
- Warranty information
- On-line product registration information
More details on the Alpine SBR-S8-4
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Speakers Per Box||1|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||N/A|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Frequency Response||30-200 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||300|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Alpine SBR-S84-4 is a ported enclosure with an 8" SWR-8D2 subwoofer installed, delivering tight, powerful bass. The enclosure, tuned to 30 Hz, is made from 3/8" MDF (3/4" for the front baffle) with internal bracing to ensure structural integrity. A single pair of spring post terminals on the left side of the enclosure accepts pin connectors, single or dual banana plugs, or bare wire up to 12-gauge. The sub's dual 2Ω voice coils are wired in series to present a 4Ω load. Alpine recommends using a 30 Hz subsonic filter for best results.
- Kevlar Reinforced Pulp Cone: This Type-R subwoofer has a two-piece structural parabolic Kevlar reinforced pulp cone. Kevlar adds strength and tear resistance to the woofer cone while maintaining the benefits of a pulp cone design. There is also an oversized inverted poly-mica dust cap, which increases rigidity and virtually eliminates cone distortion at extreme volume levels.
- HAMRS: The woofer features a High Amplitude Multi Roll Surround (HAMRS), made of Santoprene, that allows a large linear excursion and greater SPL. The HAMRS design allows extreme excursions without sacrificing valuable cone area.
- Progressive Spider: The progressive Conex spider has reinforced layer tinsel leads to ensure reliable and consistent control of the tinsel leads and eliminate any mechanical noise or interference often seen in high excursion cone designs.
- Compound Radius Curve Pole Geometry: Alpine's Patented Compound Radius Curve pole geometry ensures a symmetrical magnetic field, while optimizing flux density to reduce distortion and further improve power handling and output.
- Oversized Voice Coil: The oversized (40mm), high-temperature, 4-layer dual voice coils offer increased power handling to 300W RMS / 1000W Peak.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
5 questions already asked