About the Alpine SBS-05DC
If you're installing a mobile video system in a vehicle with a double-sized stereo opening in the dash, Alpine offers a clever solution with the SBS-05DC center channel speaker. Two midbass drivers and a soft-dome tweeter are mounted into a 2" tall enclosure that fits in your dash, delivering accurate sound for your multi-channel sound system.
Mount the speaker above or below your aftermarket stereo and you'll appreciate crisp, clear movie dialog, enhanced sound effects, and detailed highs. The SBS-05DC is an vital part of creating a pure 5.1 digital surround system in your vehicle. An installation kit is included.
- single-DIN car center channel speaker
- contains two 1-5/8" x 2" oval midbass drivers and a 1" soft-dome tweeter
- removable grille
- power range: 2-50 watts RMS (150 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 150-30,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- 7-1/4"W x 1-15/16"H x 4-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SBS05DC
What's in the box:
- Mono center speaker
- Mounting sleeve
- Plastic trim ring
- 4 ISO-DIN mounting screws
- 4 Gasket tabs
- Application guide
- Warranty sheet
- Customer Care Registration card
More details on the Alpine SBS-05DC
Product Overview: The SBS-05DC Center Speaker System consists of a high quality dash-mountable mobile speaker with dual 2" x 1.6" oval midrange drivers and a 1" balanced soft dome tweeter. It is designed for use as a center channel speaker for a mobile multi-channel surround sound system.
Speaker Design: The speaker is a self-contained unit which mounts to the dashboard of the vehicle using the included mounting base. The speaker is designed for horizontal mounting in an unused DIN opening in the vehicle. No speaker wire is included with this speaker.
Speaker Mounting: The speaker can be mounted in an ISO-DIN (Type I or J) or a Euro-DIN (Type E) dash opening. With the ISO-DIN mount, you will use the 4 supplied mounting screws to secure the speaker to the dash using the factory brackets. In a Euro-DIN mode, you will use the mounting sleeve and the gasket pads to install the speaker. The multiple bendable tabs on the sleeve can be used to secure the bracket into place. Once the sleeve is mounted, the speaker slides into the bracket.
- Speaker Unit: Width: 7.263", Depth: 4.560", Height: 1.928"
- Mounting Sleeve: Width: 7.298", Depth: 2.755", Height: 2.166"
- Driver Size: Two 2" x 1.6" Midranges and a 1" soft dome tweeter
- Frequency Response: 150Hz-30kHz
- Power Handling: up to 50 watts RMS
- Maximum Power Handling: 150 watts
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Sensitivity (1w/1m): 85dB
- Weight: 16.2 oz (speaker unit)