About the Alpine SHS-N252
Alpine's SHS-N252 dual source wireless headphone system offers your passengers the ultimate in performance, convenience, and versatility. Its infrared transmitter accepts audio output from two different audio/video sources, so two people can listen to separate audio tracks on the wireless headphones without the hassle of tangled headphone wires.
Each headphone unit features an A/B source selector switch and volume control, so each user can choose an audio source and independently adjust the volume level. Automatic level control clamps down on unexpected loud noises in the headphones, protecting the wearer's ears. Each headphone unit uses two AAA batteries (included).
Important Note: The headphones are for passenger use only. Most states prohibit the use of headphones by the driver while operating the vehicle.Details:
- accepts two different audio/video sources (female RCA jacks)
- each headphone set offers independent source selection
- ear cups offer extended low-frequency response
- easy-fit adjustable headband
- compact dual source infrared transmitter mount with a clear "line-of-sight" path to the headphones
- auto power off after a few minutes without a signal, the headphones automatically power off
- automatic level control
- 4 AAA batteries included
- 4-5/16"W x 1"H x 3-3/4"D (transmitter)
- warranty: 1 year
Note: These headphones are for use in motor vehicles only they are not designed for home use. We also carry a selection of wireless headphones for home and portable systems.
What's in the box:
- IR Wireless transmitter with attached 5" power/ground and source leads
- 2 Pairs of SHS-N202 stereo IR headphones
- 4 "AAA" batteries
- 5" Power/Source A harness (has power/ground leads and left and right female RCA audio connectors)
- 5" Source B harness (has left and right female RCA audio connectors)
- 2 Self-tapping mounting screws
- 2 Plastic mounting screw covers
- User's Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine SHS-N252
Overview: The Alpine SHS-N252 automotive IR stereo headphone system includes two wireless stereo headphones, an IR transmitter, and two RCA input harnesses. The audio from up to two of your A/V components connects to the transmitter. The transmitter then beams the signal to the headphones.
Opti-Angle Dual Source Infrared Transmitter: The transmitter has a curved face with a wide infrared window providing a wide dispersion of the signal throughout the vehicle. Since infrared signals are "line-of-sight," the user should be positioned so there is a clear signal path between the transmitter's infrared window and the headphones.
Independent Dual-Source Headphones: Each set of headphones has a plastic adjustable headband, On/Off switch, volume control, Source A/B switch, battery compartment for two "AAA" alkaline batteries, and padded on-the-ear cups. The A/B switch lets you choose independently from two connected audio sources.
Easy-Fit, Adjustable Headbands: The length of the headband can be adjusted at each earpiece to one of nine positions for maximum comfort and fit.
Extended Bass Drivers (E.B.D): The drivers in the headphones are designed to produce extended bass frequencies for a wider frequency response.
Automatic Level Control: This headphone system has an automatic level control to prevent input signal overloading. This assures the signal is clear and free of distortion and protects the user from unexpected loud bursts of audio through the headphones.
Automatic Power Off: To extend the life of the batteries, the headphones have an automatic power off feature. After a few minutes without a signal source, the power to the headphones will automatically turn itself off.
Installation: The transmitter is designed to be mounted to the ceiling of the vehicle, in the middle of the seating area, positioned just above the thigh area of the second passenger row seating. The transmitter should be mounted so the infrared window faces the rear of the vehicle. Two sets of wires are attached to the transmitter: one with a 5-pin connector for the power and ground leads as well as the Source "A" input, the other with a 3-pin connector for the Source "B" input. The harnesses included with the system plug directly into these connectors.
Note: Since the total length of each attached wiring harness is only about 10", you will need to provide two additional RCA patch cords and additional wire to extend the power and ground leads. Two mounting screws and screw covers are included.
Important Safety Note: The headphones are for passenger use only! Most states prohibit the use of headphones by the driver while operating the vehicle.
Right Earcup of Each Set of Headphones:
- Source A/B Switch: lets you choose independently from two connected audio sources
- Volume: allows you to adjust the volume of the headphones
Left Earcup of Each Set of Headphones:
- Power On/Off Switch: turns the headphones on or off
IR Wireless Transmitter:
- Power/Ground and Source A: attached 5" lead with a 5-pin male connector that interfaces with the supplied Power/Source A harness
- Source B: attached 5" lead with a 3-pin male connector that interfaces with the supplied Source B harness
- IR Wireless Transmitter: W=4.269",H=0.969",D=3.728"
- Headphone Earcups: W=2.742", H=3.227", D=1.781"
The Alpine SHS-N252 replaces these items
- Two wireless headphones with independent dual source switching
- extended bass driver
- compatible with Alpine's TME-M760 monitor, and with any non-Alpine monitors