About the Alpine Type-R SPR-176A
Alpine's Type-R component systems will dazzle you with vibrant soundstaging and concert hall realism. Premium materials and innovative design features generate exceptional sound and simplify installation.
Install the SPR-176A 6-3/4" component system's 1" silk dome tweeters in either flush or surface mounts with the convenient quick-snap mounting ring. Then pivot them up to 20° to fine tune your stereo imaging. An aluminum-coated poly cone pounds out tight bass, thanks to an extra-large magnet with a vented pole piece.
External (12 dB/octave high-pass, 6 dB/octave low-pass) crossovers with easy-to-use attenuation controls channel frequencies to the proper drivers for seamless and efficient sound reproduction. Tweeter Protection diverts excessive power away from the tweeter.
- aluminum-coated poly woofer cone
- cast aluminum woofer frame
- air-injected rubber surround
- 1" silk dome tweeter swivels up to 20° (surface and flush mounting)
- 2-way crossover (12 dB high-pass, 6 dB low-pass with attenuation control 0, -3, -6 dB)
- frequency response 40-30,000 Hz
- recommended power range 8-50 watts RMS
- peak power handling 200 watts
- sensitivity 86 dB
- top-mount depth 2-3/4"
- 1-year warranty
- MFR # SPR-176A
What's in the box:
Alpine Type-R SPR-176A owner's manual
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Grille rings
- 2 Tweeters (each tweeter has an attached 8' length of wire)
- Two 2-way crossovers
- 2 Surface mount rings
- 2 Flush mount rings
- 2 Tweeter back plates
- 2 Flush mount retention rings
- 2 Self-adhesive surface mount pads
- 2 Self-adhesive logo badges
- Two 14.5' lengths of speaker wire (each length of speaker wire has bare wire on both ends)
- Two 5' lengths of speaker wire (each length of speaker wire has female quick-slides on one end and bare wire on the other end)
- Eight 1-1/4" self-tapping screws
- Four 3/4" self-tapping screws
- Four 5/8" self-tapping screws
- 8 Speed clips
- 4 Speed nuts
- Warranty sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Alpine Type-R SPR-176A
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Aluminum-coated poly|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||86|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||40 - 30k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||8|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||50|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||200|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 3/4|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 15/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 9/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.339|
Aluminum-coated Polypropylene Woofer Cones: The aluminum-coated polypropylene woofer cones have strength and quick response that is enhanced by the high-excursion magnet design. The parabolic cone design offers accurate bass reproduction.
Extra Large Rubber Surrounds: The extra large rubber surrounds enable low frequency bass reproduction and maximum cone excursion.
Cast Aluminum Frames: Each woofer is mounted to a custom cast aluminum frame for added strength and maximum bass reproduction.
1" Silk Dome Tweeters: The 1" silk dome tweeters offer clean, non-fatiguing sound even under extreme high frequency demands.
Standard Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeters may be flush or surface mounted. Once mounted, the tweeters are adjustable and may be swiveled 20 degrees for optimum imaging.
|Flush Mount (swivel)||Surface Mount (swivel)|
|Mounting Depth||0.604"||0.671" (screw depth)|
Selectable Tweeter Output Level: Each crossover allows you to select the tweeter output level according to system requirements and personal preference. The tweeter level may be set to "-6dB", "-3dB" or "0dB".
Tweeter Protection: Tweeter protection diverts excessive power away from the tweeters.
2-Way Crossovers: The crossovers feature a 12dB/octave high-pass network for the tweeters and a 6dB/octave low-pass network for the woofers.
Input/Output Connections: The crossover inputs and outputs are gold-plated screw terminals.
Mounting: There are two mounting holes in the base of each crossover.
Crossover Dimensions: L=4.692", W=2.508", H=1.381"