About the Alpine Type-R SPR-17LS
Alpine's acclaimed Type-R component systems are a heady brew of high-quality ingredients designed to deliver smooth, powerful sound in your car audio system.
The SPR-17LS component system features Alpine's Linear Drive speaker motor design for outstanding cone excursion the key to unsurpassed dynamic range. The motors are built into non-resonant, cast-aluminum baskets which house multi-layer pulp cone woofers and durable rubber surrounds. Special wave guides ensure excellent sound radiation for ample helpings of clean, deep bass.
The highs are clear and crisp without excessive brightness, thanks to the large silk dome tweeters. Special tuned back chambers improve the efficiency of the tweeters for excellent dispersion. You can dial in just the right amount of high frequencies with the 6-step tweeter level adjustment built into the external crossover networks. Mounting hardware for flush-, surface-, or swivel-mounting the tweeters is included.
Priced per system
- 6-1/2"/6-3/4" component speaker system (two woofers and two tweeters)
- multi-layer pulp woofer with rubber surround in aluminum frame
- 1" silk dome tweeter with hardware for flush- or surface-mounting
- frequency response: 35-30,000 Hz
- power handling: 2-70 watts RMS (350 watts peak power)
- 2-way crossover with 6-step tweeter level adjustment
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- top-mount depth: 2-3/4"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SPR-17LS
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 GM/Chrysler adapter rings
- 2 Tweeters (each tweeter has an attached 8.25' length of wire)
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Flush-mount housings
- 2 Swivel cups
- 2 Swivel cup inserts
- 2 Fixed angle-mount housings
- 2 Swivel angle-mount housings
- 2 Flush-mount retaining clips
- 4 Damping pads
- 2 Self-adhesive foam pads
- 2 Self-adhesive logo badges
- 2 Springs
- Eight 4 x 30mm self-tapping screws
- Eight 4 x 12mm self-tapping screws
- Two M4 x 35mm machine screws
- Four 4 x 20mm self-tapping screws (large head)
- Two 4 x 20mm self-tapping screws (small head)
- Two 4 x 20mm self-tapping screws
- 8 Speed clips
- 4 Large Tinnerman nuts
- 4 Small Tinnerman nuts
- 8 Flat washers
- "Important Notice!" sheet
- Warranty sheet
More details on the Alpine Type-R SPR-17LS
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Multi-layer pulp|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||87|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||35 - 30k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||2|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||70|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||350|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 3/4|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 3/8|
Multi-layer Pulp Woofer Cones: Each speaker features a multi-layer pulp cone, for maximum strength, powerful bass and superior musical detail. For a smoother response and improved durability, the woofers use rubber surrounds.
Linear Drive Magnet Design: The new magnetic circuit provides linear cone motion and a wide dynamic range.
Wave Guides: The wave guides align the sound waves coming from each cone for excellent music reproduction.
GM/Chrysler Adapter Rings: The GM/Chrysler adapter rings allow the speakers to be installed in a an oversized 6-3/4" GM/Chrysler opening. When used in an oversized 6-3/4" GM/Chrysler application, the speaker has the following dimensions:
- Top Mount Depth: 2.511"
- Mounting Height: 0.65"
- Flange Height: 0.498"
- Magnet Diameter: 3.973"
- Cutout Diameter: 5.195"
- Frame Width: 6.227"
- Frame Length: 6.227"
- Number of holes: 3
- Hole 1 (long tab) to Hole 2 (short tab): 6.046"-6.158"
- Hole 1 (long tab) to Hole 3 (short tab): 6.135"-6.438"
- Hole 2 (short tab) to Hole 3 (short tab): 5.995"-6.398"
1" Silk Dome Tweeters: Each tweeter uses a 1" silk dome tweeter for smooth, clear highs.
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeters may be flush, swivel angle, or fixed angle mounted. The tweeters swivel in the flush and swivel angle housings, so you can control the direction of your high frequencies.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|Flush Mount (swivel)||Swivel Angle Mount||Fixed Angle Mount|
|Mounting Depth||1.792"||0.718" (screw depth)||0.707" (screw depth)|
Selectable Tweeter Output Level: Each crossover allows you to select the tweeter output level according to system requirements and personal preference. The tweeter level may be set to +1.5, 0, -1.5, -3, -4.5, or -6 dB.
Tweeter Protection: A tweeter protection circuit diverts excessive power away from the tweeters.
2-Way Crossovers: The crossovers feature a 12 dB/octave high-pass network for the tweeters and a 6 dB/octave low-pass network for the woofers.
Input/Output Connections: The crossover inputs and outputs are gold-plated screw terminals.
Mounting: There are two mounting holes in the base of each crossover.
Crossover Dimensions: L=4.684", W=2.567", H=1.318"