About the Alpine SPS-610C
Enjoy stellar sound
Enjoy stellar sound
The sonic specialists at Alpine optimize their SPS-610C component speakers for great range and impressive tone definition, even at low power levels. You can connect these versatile Type-S Series speakers to your factory stereo for an immediate sonic improvement, or hook them up to a powerful aftermarket stereo or amp for increased performance.
Mineral-fortified polypropylene cones are exceptionally stiff, yet lightweight, which means they can push out accurate bass and deliver clear midrange. Resilient rubber surrounds help keep the woofer centered for accurate cone movement, reducing distortion. You can aim the separate silk dome tweeters toward you so that they deliver the strongest possible stereo image.
Installation note: You'll need a pair of our universal backstraps to install the tweeters in the factory locations.
Grilles are not included; the factory grilles should be suitable for most applications.
Priced per pair
- component speaker system includes two woofers, two tweeters, and two built-in crossovers
- mineral-fortified polypropylene woofer cone with rubber surround
- woofer fits 6-1/2" and 6-3/4" speaker openings
- 1" silk dome tweeter
- power range: 2-80 watts RMS (240 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 70-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- top-mount depth: 2-1/4"
- grilles not included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SPS-610C
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters (each has an attached 29" length of wire)
- 2 Tweeter grilles (installed)
- 2 Swivel flush mount housings (with tweeters installed)
- Two 37" Tweeter wires with in-line crossovers (each has quick slides on both ends)
- Two 6-1/2" Adapter rings (includes GM/Chrysler 6-3/4G size)
- 2 Flush mount retention rings
- 2 Stealth brackets
- 2 Foam self-adhesive pads
- 2 Foam self-adhesive rings
- Eight 1-1/8" Self-tapping screws
- Eight M4x12mm Machine screws
- 8 Speed-clips
- Warranty information
- Important Notice sheet
- Template and specs on box
Alpine SPS-610C reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine SPS-610C
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||88|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||70 - 22k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||2|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||80|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||240|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/4|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 9/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 1/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.451|
Poly-Mica Woofer Cones: Each woofer features a Poly-Mica cone and butyl rubber surround. Mica adds strength and heat resistance to polypropylene, resulting in reduced distortion and improved reliability.
Silk Dome Tweeters: The 1" wide-range silk dome tweeters offer clean, non-fatiguing sound even under extreme high frequency demands.
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeters can be flush mounted using the supplied flush mount bracket and ring. Once mounted, the tweeters can swivel approximately 30° for optimum imaging. The tweeters can also be mounted in factory tweeter locations behind factory tweeter grilles using the supplied stealth mounting bracket.
|Flush Mount (swivel)||Factory Location (bottom mount)||Factory Location (top mount)|
Woofer Mounting: Without an adapter, the woofers fit standard 6-3/4" applications. Given their required cutout, they will also fit standard 6-1/2" applications without an adapter, but new screw holes must be drilled. Using the included adapter brackets they can be mounted in a variety of standard 3-hole 6-1/2" applications, Ford 4-hole 6-1/2" applications, and non-standard 6-3/4" applications, without any modification.
Crossovers: The Alpine SPS-610C features low-pass crossovers attached to each woofer's input terminal and high-pass crossovers in-line with the tweeters' speaker wires.
The Alpine SPS-610C replaces these items
- polypropylene-mica woofer cone with air-injected rubber surround
- 1" silk dome tweeter
- 2-80 watts RMS power range
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
17 questions already asked