About the Alpine HCE-TG130GM
The all-seeing ride
The all-seeing ride
If you're a GM truck owner and if you've already upgraded your dash with an Alpine receiver (see compatible models below), then you have all the right pieces in play to incorporate the HCE-TG130GM backup camera into your system. You'll hardly know it's there, until you need it.
This versatile rear-view camera provides four viewing modes:
- standard rear view for parking and navigating tight spaces in reverse;
- ground view, ideal for connecting to a tow hitch;
- corner view for spotting approaching vehicles when backing out of a busy lot or around a corner;
- panoramic view when you need an expansive picture of all the action behind you.
On a large touchscreen display, that's a serious advantage from the driver's seat.
Alpine puts the priority on subtlety by allowing you to replace your tailgate handle surround bezel with this rear-view camera system that bolts in. The result is an integrated camera that looks as natural to the GM build as if it came off the factory line that way. The tailgate lock included in the replacement handle surround bezel can be coded for use with your ignition key, and the bezel's built in LED light handles low-light scenarios for backing up at night.
Note: Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this kit is compatible with your vehicle.
Important Notes: Alpine's HCE-TG130GM back-up camera system is only compatible with Alpine's X009-GM, and X009-GM2 navigation receivers. If your truck does not have a factory tailgate lock, this rear-view camera will not add that feature.
- tailgate-mounted rearview camera system with four viewing modes
- replaces tailgate surround bezel in select GM trucks
- 1/4" CMOS image sensor, 16:9 aspect ratio
- 330 TV lines
- 185-degree horizontal and 144-degree vertical viewing angles
- integrated LED illumination for low light
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HCE-TG130GM
What's in the box:
- Camera with tailgate handle housing (attached 3' wiring harness)
- Handle cover
- 23' Cable harness
- 2 Self-adhesive foam pads
- Two-sided tape
- 2 Rubber grommets
- 20' Flex loom
- 10 Wire-ties
- Owner's Manual
More details on the Alpine HCE-TG130GM
Tailgate Rear Camera System: The Alpine HCE-TG130GM consists of a rear view camera system with a tailgate handle surround bezel. It replaces the stock tailgate handle surround bezel, allowing for direct bolt-in installation in compatible GM pickup trucks. The camera system features a proprietary connector that is only compatible with select Alpine in-dash navigation receivers.
Note: This rear-view camera system is meant as a backup aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera when backing up. In addition to using the rear-view camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
Vehicle Compatibility: The Alpine HCE-TG130GM Tailgate Rear Camera System is designed specifically for 2007-2013 Chevy Silverado & GMC Sierra pickup trucks.
Alpine Receiver Compatibility: The Alpine HCE-TG130GM Tailgate Rear Camera System will work with the following Alpine navigation receivers with a proprietary camera input.
- GM Specific Alpine Receivers: X009-GM, X009GM2
- Universal Alpine Receivers: X108U, X009U, INE-W967HD
Note: The Alpine HCE-TG130GM does not offer a composite video connector and cannot be used with other aftermarket receivers.
Backup Camera: The Alpine HCE-TG130GM's backup camera features a 1/4" color CMOS image sensor with a 16:9 aspect ratio and a resolution of 1280 (v) x 720 (h). It offers a wide viewing angle of 180° (h) x 142° (v), a 0.9mm focal length and 1.8 brightness.
4 Viewing Modes: The HCE-TG130GM camera system produces a mirror image of what's behind you and has four viewing modes.
- Rear View: Rear View mode is used for backing into tight parking spaces.
- Ground View: Ground View mode is used for seeing the area directly under the camera to help with connecting to a tow hitch.
- Corner View: Corner View mode can be used for identifying approaching objects when backing out of a parking space.
- Panorama View: Panorama View modes is used for seeing the entire driveway when backing out.
Tailgate Handle Housing: The Alpine HCE-TG130GM replaces the stock tailgate handle surround bezel of your Chevy or GMC truck, allowing for direct bolt-in installation. The HCE-TG130GM's backup camera comes pre-installed in the tailgate handle housing and is located just below the tailgate handle, providing a clean, factory-look.
LED Lighting: LED lighting is integrated into the tailgate handle surround bezel, for better backup visibility in low-light situations.
Coded Lock: The HCE-TG130GM's tailgate lock can be coded for use with your truck's ignition key, if your truck already supports this feature.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked