About the Alpine TUA-T550HD
Love the variety of your local radio stations, but can't stand the sound quality? Alpine's TUA-T550HD HD Radio tuner picks up the crisp, clear digital signals offered by participating local stations so you'll never have to deal with static again. Also, HD Radio technology allows stations to broadcast two or three channels of content. The TUA-T550HD tuner receives these additional channels, so you can enjoy everything your favorite radio stations have to offer.
Just connect this compact tuner to your compatible Alpine receiver, and tuck it neatly away inside your dash or under a seat. Connect your iPod® or other audio device to the built-in USB connection, and listen to your stored digital music.
The TUA-T550HD also allows iTunes® tagging when paired with an Alpine IVA-W505 or iDA-X100 receiver. When you hear a great song, simply press enter on your receiver to save the song's information to your iPod, or save up to 50 songs on the tuner if your iPod isn't connected. Then the next time you sync with iTunes, you'll have the option of purchasing your new favorite songs.
- HD Radio tuner for 2007-up Alpine receivers with Ai-Net
- receives multicasting content (where available)
- USB connection for iPod or other audio device
- iTunes tagging available with Alpine IVA-W505 and iDA-X100 receivers
- box dimensions: 4-3/4" x 3-1/8" x 1"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TUA-T550HD
What's in the box:
- HD Radio Tuner
- Power wiring harness
- 8' Ai-NET cable (Ai-NET connector on each end)
- 10' Antenna extension cable (male Motorola connector on one end and female Motorola connector on the other)
- 8' USB cable (USB type A on both ends)
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- Owner's Manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
Alpine TUA-T550HD reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine TUA-T550HD
HD Radio: HD Radio is digital FM and AM broadcasting, allowing you to enjoy your same favorite FM and AM stations with digital sound quality. The FM stations have CD-quality sound and AM stations sound as good as today's analog FM stations.
Multicasting: HD Radio offers multicasting, meaning current FM stations can provide more than one program stream on their existing frequency.
Compatibility: This tuner is compatible with 2006 and later Alpine HD Radio ready head units that use the Ai-NET bus system.
CD Changer Pass-Thru: The HD Radio tuner uses the CD changer input on the Alpine head unit. If you also want to use a CD changer, there is a CD changer pass-through connection on the tuner, so they can be daisy chained together.
iTunes Tagging: iTunes Tagging allows you to Tag songs on a FM HD Radio station. The songs' information is captured on the TUA-T550HD and transferred to your compatible iPod when connected to the USB port. The next time you connect your iPod to your iTunes account, a new Tagged playlist will appear and give you the option to preview or buy the songs from iTunes.
Note: iTunes Tagging is supported by the following iPod/iPhone models - iPod classic (80/120/160GB), iPod nano (3rd/4th/5th/6th generations), iPod touch (1st/2nd/3rd/4th gen), iPhone (2G/3G/3GS/4).
Front of Tuner:
- Antenna: Motorola jack that connects to the AM/FM antenna
- Ai-NET Output: Ai-NET jack that connects to the head unit using the supplied Ai-NET cable
- Ai-NET Input: Ai-NET jack that connects to an optional CD changer
- USB 1: connect iPod using Dock to USB cable (use only when connecting an iTunes Tagging compatible head unit)
- USB 2: connect to iTunes Tagging compatible head unit
Rear of Tuner:
- Power: 4-pin jack for use with supplied power harness
The Alpine TUA-T550HD replaces these items