About the Alpine TUE-T151
TV reception on the road! Alpine's TUE-T151 mobile TV tuner adds local VHF and UHF television programming to your car entertainment arsenal. The package includes the tuner, a diversity antenna system, and a remote control (batteries included). The tuner utilizes 4 antennas to pull in up to 68 channels of standard broadcasts in stereo.
The TUE-T151 works in an Alpine audio/video system or as a standalone unit with a non-Alpine monitor (for standalone operation, you'll need a remote eye, sold separately, to relay the signal from the remote control to the tuner). Built-in touch-control capability allows you to access all tuner functions through the screen of your Alpine IVA-D300 receiver (and through select 2005 Alpine products).
Consumer Alert: This TV tuner has only an analog broadcast tuner and will require a converter box after February 17, 2009, to receive over-the-air broadcasts with an antenna because of the Nation's transition to digital broadcasting. Analog-only TVs should continue to work as before with cable and satellite TV services, gaming consoles, VCRs, DVD players, and similar products. For more information, call the Federal Communications Commission at 1-888-225-5322 (TTY: 1-888-835-5322) or visit the Commission's digital television website at: www.dtv.gov
- 4-channel diversity TV tuner receives channels 2-69
- two dual antennas
- wireless remote control
- touch screen control capability (with Alpine IVA-D300 and IVA-D310)
- dimensions: 6-1/8"W x 1-1/8"H x 4"D (tuner); 1-13/16"W x 4-1/2"H x 1"D (remote)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TUE-T151
What's in the box:
- TV Tuner/Diversity unit
- Wireless remote control (RUE-4154)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 5' Wiring harness with an in-line 2A fuse (has a 4-pin Molex connector on one end and bare wires on the other end)
- 2 Self tapping screws (length=5/8")
- 2 Diversity antenna units (each with dual 16.25' antenna cables terminating into two 3.5mm miniplugs and a 16.25' power cable terminating into a 2-pin Molex plug)
- 6 Self-adhesive antenna signal cable holders
- 4 Self-adhesive antenna power cable holders
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Sheet
- Customer Care Registration card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alpine TUE-T151
Overview: The TUE-T151 is a compact UHF/VHF TV tuner which allows you to view TV stations on your Alpine Multimedia unit, Alpine video monitor or non-Alpine display with RCA A/V inputs. An optional remote eye (item 500KRE500E) is required to control the tuner when it is used with non-Alpine equipment. The tuner includes two amplified dual antenna units and a switching diversity system to give you the best reception possible.
Tuning Capability: The tuner can receive VHF channels 2-13 and UHF channels 14-69, NTSC only.
Channel Scan: The Channel Scan function will scan the entire TV broadcast band and store the receivable channels into preset memory.
Tuning Modes: You can manually tune up or down the channels one by one. You can also activate the seek tuning mode which tunes up or down and stops at the next available channel. The preset tuning mode allows you to tune the preset channels stored using the Channel Scan function.
Powered Antenna: The TUE-T151 includes two powered dual antenna units, each with two antenna plugs. The antennas can be installed in the vehicle's rear window (or rear side windows of an SUV or station wagon) using the supplied self-adhesive clips.
4-Channel Diversity System: The built-in 4-Channel Diversity system constantly monitors the incoming signals from the four antenna inputs, and selects the best available signal.
TV Tuner/Diversity Unit Dimensions: Width=4.398" (6.14" with mounting tabs), Height=1.067", Depth=4.008" (6.46" with RCAs and antenna plugs).
Mounting Options: The TV Tuner/Diversity unit can be mounted in a remote location, such as a trunk or under a seat, using the two supplied self-tapping screws. It should be placed where it will not be exposed to direct sunlight, high humidity, or excessive dust or vibrations.
Remote Control: The tuner includes the RUE-4154 wireless remote control. Using the remote with an Alpine Multimedia Unit or monitor, you can turn the power on/off, manually tune up/down (one channel at at time or seek tuning), manually tune up/down through the preset channels, and operate the Auto Program mode to set the receivable channels into memory. You can also operate the following functions on compatible Alpine overhead monitors: Power, source selection, system setup, wide (picture size), mute, and volume. The remote's dimension are Length=4.523", Width=1.769", Height=0.918", and it operates on 2 "AAA" batteries (supplied).
Dual Remote Control Signal Inputs: The TUE-T151's tuner/diversity unit has no infrared eye of its own, however, it can accept remote signal inputs in two ways:
- Alpine Multimedia Unit or Monitor: When the brown/white remote wire on the supplied harness is connected to a compatible Alpine Multimedia unit or Alpine monitor, you can operate the TV tuner via IR through the remote eye on the display unit.
- External Remote Eye: You can use the optional Alpine KRE-500E External Remote Eye to control the TV tuner when it's used with non-Alpine video monitors. The output of the KRE-500E plugs into the 2.5mm sub-mini jack on the TV tuner/Diversity unit.
Touch Panel Control Ready: The tuner can be controlled by compatible Alpine touch panel units, such as the IVA-D300 and IVA-D310.
TV Tuner/Diversity Unit Front:
- Video Output: gold plated left and right audio and composite video RCA jacks
- Power Supply: 4-pin Molex jack for supplied power harness
TV Tuner/Diversity Unit Rear:
- Antenna Inputs: Four 3.5mm minijack inputs for supplied dual diversity antenna units (75Ω)
- Antenna Power Out: Two 2-pin Molex jacks for supplying power to antenna units
- Remote Output: 2.5mm sub-minijack for connecting the KWE-500E External Remote eye, or compatible Alpine Mobile Video product with external remote input function