About the Excalibur RS-272
Keep your car comfortable
Keep your car comfortable
You can start your car from over a quarter mile away with Excalibur's RS-272 remote start system. Just push the main button on the keychain remote, and your car will be warmed or cooled by the time you get there. The remote also unlocks and locks your car, and features a panic mode when you forget where you parked or otherwise want some attention. And Excalibur has been making car alarms for over 30 years, so you can count on reliable performance from your system.
An auxiliary channel allows you to add a function like popping open the trunk or turning on the defroster. The system is compatible with most factory and aftermarket security systems. The RS-272 module uses Excalibur's Vehicle Learn Technology to automatically detect the vehicle's ignition, accessory, and start sequence, and then reconfigure itself to match. Loading and downloading programming is not necessary.
If you know how to use a multimeter and have experience working with your vehicle's electrical system, you should be able to install this remote start system yourself. If not, please consider having your system professionally installed.
To ensure vehicle compatibility, please enter your vehicle information. Your order will be reviewed by our Car Experts group, who will contact you if further information or recommended accessories are needed.
- remote start and keyless entry system
- two 2-button 1-way remotes — up to 1500-foot range
- works with fuel injected, diesel, and hybrid vehicles with automatic transmissions
- Vehicle Learn Mode automatically programs starter for your vehicle
- one auxiliary channel for adding an optional function
- for most applications an immobilizer bypass module is required
- compatible with most factory and aftermarket security systems
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RS-272
What's in the box:
- RS-X70 Module
- Two 2-button 1-way remotes (two CR2016 batteries installed in each)
- Antenna w/ built-in status LED and valet button (attached 3M adhesive on back)
- Hood pin-switch
- Female slip-on terminal (0.250")
- 30" 6-Pin high current harness (2 installed 30A ATC fuses)
- 77" 14-Pin input/output harness (installed 10A ATC fuse)
- 35" 3-Pin door lock/unlock harness
- 12" 3-Pin remote start harness
- 8' 4-Pin antenna/LED/valet button harness
- Quick Reference & Programming Guide
- Quickstart Operation Guide
- Window warning sticker
- Optional accessories card
Excalibur RS-272 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Excalibur RS-272
Features & specs
|Lines of Defense|
|Scan-resistant Remote Codes||No|
|Glass Break Sensor||Optional|
|Accessory Pins||Hood pin|
|Number of Remote Buttons||2|
|Number of Remote Functions||8|
|Factory Security Integration||Yes|
|Number of Cars||1|
|Remote Door Locks||Yes|
|Manual Transmission Compatible||Yes|
|Number of Zones||3|
|Parts Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
|Labor Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
Overview: The Excalibur (Omega) RS-272 is a remote start & security system designed to be installed on most any vehicle and provide state-of-the-art vehicle security and convenience features. The RS-272 lets you control your vehicle from up to 1500' away, while built-in remote start capability will keep your vehicle warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
Note: This is a complex product; it is recommended that installation be performed by a professional installer or experienced do-it-yourselfer.
Vehicle Learn: The RS-272 features Omega's Vehicle Learn procedure that, in a few easy steps, will quickly configure the most install-critical features to match the vehicle requirements. Vehicle Learn options include:
- Automatically configures Ignition, Accessory, and Start circuits to match the vehicle.
- Let you choose crank delay.
- Sample crank time for crank averaging (tachless modes only).
- Auto-detect engine running method - Data-tach, tach wire (will also tach learn), or tachless mode.
- Auto-detect data port protocols.
- Lets you quickly enable manual transmission reservation mode.
Immobilizer Bypass: The RS-272 does not include an immobilizer bypass circuit or module, which most modern vehicles will require, and must be purchased separately. The remote start system is compatible with most immobilizer bypass interfaces, such as the FlashLogic FLCAN (sold separately), supporting both DBI and iDatalink protocols.
Remote Controls: The RS-272 includes two 2-button remote controls, both 1-way, for operating the remote start system with up to 1500' of operational range. Both remotes let you activate up to 8 functions and feature an Excalibur logo LED that lights when any button is pressed. The included remote controls come pre-programmed to operate out of the box, but replacement or additional remotes can easily be programmed to work with the system.
- Remote Functions: Both remotes can be used to activate the following functions: Remote Start, Arm/Lock, Disarm/Unlock, Trunk Release, Silent Arm/Disarm, Sensor Bypass, Panic, and Run Time Extender.
Included Harnesses: The RS-272 includes 4 harnesses for interfacing the vehicle's wiring:
- 6-Pin High Current: Includes wiring for remote starting the vehicle such as Ignition, Start, and Accessory.
- 3-Pin Remote Start: Includes remote start Status outputs.
- 3-Pin Door Lock/Unlock: Provides lock and unlock output wires, each with a 250ma ground (-) output.
Note: When interfacing with any other type of factory door lock system besides negative switching locks, or when adding aftermarket actuators, two relays (such as two 120E5000s) or a door lock module (607451M or 220DLRKP) will be required. If your vehicle requires the use of a Data Integration module that controls your factory door locks, no extra parts besides the Data Integration module will be required.
- 14-Pin Main Input/Output: Includes wiring for key
features such as: Starter Interrupt output (-), Parking Light flash (10A,
fused), Trunk Release (-), Hood Pin Switch trigger, Horn Honk/Siren output
(-), and more.
Note: Siren and Starter Interrupt relay sold separately.
Antenna/LED/Valet: The Excalibur system includes a transmitting antenna for mounting in the dash or to a window. The Antenna also houses the Status LED and the Valet button for programming.
Note: The Antenna should be mounted up high on glass or other solid surface for best transmission/reception as well as shock sensitivity. This also allows the security LED to be seen.
Data Ports: The RS-272 includes 2 Data Ports (black & green) that can be used for an immobilizer bypass and/or an optional shock sensor (sold separately).
Temperature Sensor: The RS-272 includes a Temperature Sensor on the top panel that can be used for high/low temperature auto start and for automatic low temperature crank extender.
Programmable Options: The Excalibur remote start and security system includes 20 Programmable Features that can be custom configured for your application. A handy programmable feature chart lets you see at a glance what features and options are available, with the default settings highlighted.
Turbo Timer Mode: This mode allows turbocharged vehicles to continue running for a programmable amount of time (1, 2, or 3 minutes) after driving, allowing the engine and turbo to cool properly before shutting down.
Pit-Stop/XL Pit-Stop Modes: Pit-Stop mode can be activated, allowing you to turn the key off, but let the engine continue to run for the programmed amount of Run-Time - 3, 10 (default), 15, 20, or 30 mins. XL Pit-Stop mode will keep the vehicle running for 12 hours and can be extended up to 24 hours. This is ideal for commercial work vehicles that need to remain running, such as refrigeration trucks, cleaning vans, vehicles with power take-offs, etc.
Low Voltage & High/Low Temp Automatic Starting: This feature will automatically start the engine if the vehicle battery drops below 11.5V or the interior temperature goes above or below the programmed threshold.
Manual Transmission Starting: Even though the RS-272 can be configured for remote starting a vehicle with a manual transmission, we do not recommend this option for safety reasons. Crutchfield cannot provide Tech Support for any installations in vehicles with a manual transmission.
Anti-Carjacking Protection: The RS-272 includes 2 separate Anti-Carjacking features that can trigger the system into alarm mode, sounding the horn or siren and flashing the parking lights. Within 53 seconds of activation, the system will chirp until going into full alarm mode at 60 seconds, unless properly deactivated. Either or both of these methods can be activated and is user-selectable in the Programmable Features menu. The 2 different types of Anti-Carjacking protection include:
- Ignition Activated: This activates every time the ignition is turned on, and requires the Valet Switch to be pressed within 60 seconds to deactivate.
- Door Activated: When a door is opened while the vehicle is running, the Valet Switch must be pressed within 60 seconds to deactivate the Anti-Carjacking.
Last Door Arming: The RS-272 can be configured to automatically arm when all the vehicle's doors are closed. Arming starts 30 seconds after the last door is closed.
Automatic Re-Arm: This feature, when configured, allows the system to automatically re-arm 90 seconds after being disarmed by the remote if no door is opened during that time.
Alarm&Remote Start Diagnostics:
- Alarm: A Quick Test mode lets you test all zones of the alarm system and quickly adjust any sensors. Zone Violation Recall can show you what zone triggered the system by producing a series of flashes on the Status LED that correspond to that zone. Zones include Sensor Warning (pre-warn), Sensor Trigger, Hood, and Door.
- Remote Start: If the remote start system fails to
properly start or stay running, it can indicate which zone caused it to shut
down. After shutdown, putting the system in valet mode will cause the status
LED to flash a certain number of times, indicating one of the following
- Hood was opened.
- Brake pedal was pressed.
- Bad tach signal or engine overrev.
- Neutral safety circuit was triggered.
- The 3D sensor (antenna) detected vehicle motion.
- The system received a command to stop.
- The alarm was triggered.
- Run time has expired.
- Low battery voltage was detected.
18 questions already asked