About the Jensen AWM975
More entertainment in your RV
More entertainment in your RV
The popularity of RVs continues to grow, and so does the demand for better sound and more entertainment choices in these vehicles. Now Jensen answers the call with their AWM975 wall-mount DVD receiver, giving you the video capability you crave as well as CD playback, AM/FM reception, and a Weather Band tuner. Plus, you can use the included wireless remote to control this receiver along with a compatible Jensen TV screen.
Make a connection
The front-panel USB port lets you listen to the music you've loaded on a flash drive, while Jensen's JDABIPDL iPod interface cable (sold separately) offers full iPod controls and charging for compatible Apple devices. The HDMI output allows you to send high-definition video to your RV's video screens. You'll also find front and rear audio/video inputs, as well as two rear video composite outputs for sending video to multiple screens in your vehicle.
With 3-zone audio output, the AWM975 allows different volume levels in separate sections of the vehicle. And the 3-level adjustable dimmer makes your display as inobtrusive as you want it to be. The built-in alarm clock comes in handy for those times when you're out of entertainment mode. Upgrade your mobile lifestyle with this versatile DVD receiver.
- DVD receiver for RVs
- built-in amplifier (22 watts peak x 6 channels)
- 30 programmable station presets (18 FM, 12 AM)
- wireless remote
- HDMI video output resolution scalable up to 720p, 1080i or 1080p
- front USB input allows for playback of MP3/WMA files from compatible flash drives
- Jensen's JDABIPDL iPod cable (sold separately) offers full iPod control
- inputs: front A/V (minijack), rear A/V (RCA), rear AUX (RCA), front USB port, digital audio inputs (1 coaxial, 1 optical)
- outputs: 2 rear video composite, front headphone out, HDMI video output
- alarm clock with sleep timer
- low/medium/high adjustable LCD dimmer setting
- dimensions: 10-7/16"W x 7"H x 5-1/8"D
- weight: 5.5 lb.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AWM975
What's in the box:
- DVD receiver
- Wiring harness
- Speaker C harness
- 4' Minjack-to-RCA AV cable
- Remote control (CR2025 battery pre-installed)
- Owner's Manual
- Quick Reference Guide
Jensen AWM975 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jensen AWM975
RV Receiver: The Jensen AWM975 is a wall-mount DVD receiver that has been specifically designed and built for recreational vehicle use. The AWM975 has past numerous tests to make sure it stands up to recreation vehicle usage.
- Temperature/Vibration Chamber: Long-Duration product exposure to constant random frequency operational vibration and non-operational vibration to simulate rugged road conditions. Simultaneous temperature cycle and vibration exposure are also conducted for additional data that is relevant to detecting potential material/component weaknesses and calculating product life-expectancy.
- Reverse Polarity: The Reverse Polarity test uses a car battery to test durability of the product when the (+) and (-) cables are accidentally reversed.
- Power Line Noise Rejection: Test throws noise onto the signal and simulates product reaction to alternator whine.
- Simulated Crank Start Voltage: Used to test electronics depreciation and altercations when vehicle is turned on.
- High/Low Operating Voltage Test: Both tests used to ensure electronics consistency when vehicle battery goes below or above the normal 12V. Product must remain operational throughout the test.
- Shorted I/O: Ensures that product will function when inputs and outputs are connected improperly to the product.
- High/Low Operating Temperature: Long-Duration product exposure to operational temperature extremes and rapid temperature cycles that are experienced in outdoor mobile applications. In addition Jensen tests for High humidity introduced at high-temp to test effectiveness of circuit corrosion protection (conformal coating).
- Pushbutton/Hinge/Mechanism Durability Cycle: Life cycle robotic testing of all buttons and hinge mechanism for durability.
- RF Performance Testing: The RF Performance test ensures that the Jensen product keeps clean signals in and the bad signals out, so that users are always left with a steady signal without outside interference. Jensen not only test for high level RF performance during product design, but also takes a random sampling from each production lot and test it to ensure performance consistency. A battery of over 80 performance tests are conducted to analyze and validate RF and audio performance.
DVD Player: The Jensen AWM975 features a built-in disc player that supports playback of CD Audio, CD-R/RW, DVD video discs. It will also playback MP3 and WMA music files recorded onto a CD-R/RW disc. In addition It provides electronic skip protection (ESP) for disc playback - 5 seconds for DVD, 15 seconds for CD, and 40 seconds for MP3.
Front-Panel USB Port: The AWM975 features a front-panel USB (type-A) port for connection of a USB mass storage class device like a USB thumbdrive or flashdrive. You are able to play back MP3 and WMA music files stored on a USB MSC device.
Note: The unit's USB port is not compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad or Android smartphones/tablets.
Playback & Search Functions: The unit provides a variety of playback and search functions for disc & USB playback like Play/Pause, Previous Next/Track, Fast Forward/Rewind (x4/x8/x20), Repeat (all/track), Random (all/folder), and Intro Scan (10 sec). You can also use the included remote's keypad to go directly to a track on a disc or USB device.
iPod/iPhone Ready: This unit is equipped with an iPod/iPhone ready function that will allow you to control select iPod/iPhones using the head unit's front-panel buttons. The proprietary Jensen iPod Connecting Cable (522DABIPDL or 522DABIPD1, sold separately) is required to connect your 30-pin iPod/iPhone to the head unit's rear-panel proprietary iPod port; the Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter (sold separately) is required for newer iPod/iPhone models with a Lightning connector . The iPod/iPhone power turns on automatically when an iPod is connected, as long a the vehicle ignition is turned on. The iPod/iPhone will continuously charge while connected when the vehicle ignition is turned on. The AWM975 supports the following playback control for your iPod/iPhone: Play/Pause, Repeat/Random, Skip/Previous, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Category Search (Playlist/Artist/Album/Genre/Song). The unit will also display iPod/iPhone song & artist information. The Jensen AWM975 and optional iPod cable is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 3/20/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Tuner Section: The Jensen AWM975 features a built-in AM/FM tuner and 7ch Weatherband tuner.
- AM/FM Tuner: The AWM975 is equipped with an AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 30 presets (12AM/18FM). You can search and store AM/FM stations manually or automatically. The head unit also offer Preset Scan which pauses the radio for 5 seconds at each preset station.
- 7-Channel Weatherband Tuner: The AWM975 is equipped with a built-in weatherband tuner with NOAA weather alert. NOAA Weather Radio is a nationwide weather system that broadcasts local weather emergency information 24 hours a day. The US network has more than 530 stations covering the 50 states as well as the adjacent coast waters, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands and the US Pacific Territories. Each local area has it own transmitting station and there are a total of seven broadcasting frequencies used. You can set the unit to automatically turn on when there is an NOAA alert.
Three Zone Output: The Jensen AWM975's built-in amplifier powers speakers in three different zones (locations). Each zone is individually selected (on/off) and all three can be used at the same time. The three zones will play the same source content. The built-in amp is rated at 18 watts per channel (108 watts total).
Audio Settings: The AWM975 allows you to configure several audio settings to tailor the sound to your preference.
- Bass & Treble: You can adjust the head unit's Bass (100Hz) & Treble (10kHz) independently from -7 to + 7.
- Loudness: When listening to music at low volumes, this feature will boost the bass and treble ranges to compensate for the characteristics of human hearing.
- Beep Tone Confirmation: The head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Analog & Digital Inputs: The Jensen AWM975 offers both analog AV inputs & digital audio inputs.
- Three AV Inputs: The AWM975 is equipped with AV input terminals on the front and rear of the unit to enable enjoyment of content from an external connected source. There is a composite video/stereo RCA AV input and stereo RCA AUX input on the rear-panel, plus a 3.5mm AV input on the front-panel.
- Digital Audio Inputs: The receiver features an optical (toslink) and coaxial (RCA) digital input; only one can be used. The digital inputs will support 2ch PCM audio only (not multichannel audio).
Outputs: The AWM975 offers video output via HDMI & composite, plus a headphone jack output.
- HDMI Output: The unit's HDMI output provides audio/video to an external monitor and speaker system. The HDMI output's video resolution can be scaled to 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p. The HDMI output only supports audio/video from the unit's built-in DVD player.
- AV Outputs: Two composite video-output jacks allow you to an add external monitors (sold separately) for video playback from the built-in DVD player. There is also a line level output (stereo RCAs) to route audio to another component.
- Headphone Jack: A convenient front-panel headphone jack (3.5mm) allows you to connect a set of headphones.
LCD: The front-panel, single-line LCD indicates source information, time, and activated functions. You can adjust the display's brightness from 1-3.
Alarm Clock w/ Sleep Timer: The Jensen AWM975 offers a clock display with alarm and sleep timer. You can set the unit to turn on a desired time. You can also set the unit to turn off after 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes.
Remote Control: The AWM975 comes with a 43-button IR remote control for wireless operation of the receiver. There is also a wired remote input for Jensen's MWR75 wired remote control (available on Jensen's website).
Installation: The Jensen AWM975 is powered with 12 volts DC and wall-mounts in your RV with four M3 x 20mm screws (not included). The unit's chassis size fits some standard wall-mount openings in select RVs. In other cases, the AWM975 will require a custom cutout. See the unit's mounting dimensions below.
- Width = 10.425"
- Height = 7.055"
- Depth = 6.755"
- Width = 9.255"
- Height = 6.095"
- Depth = 5.565"
- Width = 10.235"
- Height = 6.825"
- Depth = 1.5625"
- Trim Ring:
- Width = 10.425"
- Height = 7.055"
- Depth = 1.065"