About the Jensen Heavy Duty JBRMICKIT1
Pass the word
Pass the word
If you need a stereo and a public address system, consider this nifty setup from Jensen. The Jensen Heavy Duty JBRMICKIT1 system combines a Jensen JBR550 CD receiver with a JMICHND hand-held microphone, so you can play music and make announcements with one easy-to-use device. It's a great choice if you have a passenger bus or other large vehicle that needs an audio system, and the microphone even works when the stereo is turned off.
CDs and more
When you want entertainment on the road, slip in your favorite disc and enjoy skip-free playback, or tune in your favorite music or talk stations with the AM/FM tuner. You'll find both front and rear aux inputs for additional audio sources, too. To dial in the audio, you can adjust the bass, treble, balance, and fader. A user-friendly layout puts the controls right at your fingertips so you can pay attention to the road.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs
- integrated PA system with included microphone
- optional remote control
- bass, treble, balance, and fader controls
- inputs: front auxiliary input (3.5 mm)m, rear auxiliary input (RCA), microphone input
- built-in amplifier (40 watts peak x 4 channels)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBRMICKIT1
What's in the box:
- CD receiver
- Handheld wired microphone
- Mounting sleeve (pre-installed)
- Power/Front Speaker harness (pre-attached)
- Rear speaker harness (pre-attached)
- Mic harness
- Two 10A fuses (one in pre-installed in wiring harness)
- Two 1A fuses (one pre-installed in wiring harness)
- Mic bracket
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Rubber boot
- Machine screw (with lock and flat washers)
- 2 Hex-nuts
- 3 Self-tapping screws
- Installation and Operation Manual
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jensen Heavy Duty JBRMICKIT1
Heavy Duty Series: Jensen Heavy Duty series head units are specifically designed, built, and tested to withstand even the harshest road and work conditions, such as humidity, electrostatic discharge, vibrations, and temperature fluctuations. Its entire front panel is an impervious membrane protected to prevent dirt, grime from accessing control panel through pushbutton gaps. The head unit's conformal coated PCB board and heavy-duty design specification provides maximum durability under all conditions. The following tests are performed on Jensen's Heavy Duty in-dash receivers.
- Vibration: Long duration product exposure to constant random frequency operational vibration and non-operational vibration to simulate rugged road conditions. Simultaneous temperature cycle and vibration exposure are also conducted for additional data that is relevant to detecting potential material/component weaknesses and calculating product life expectancy.
- Temperature: Long-Duration product exposure to operational temperature extremes and rapid temperature cycles that are experienced in outdoor mobile applications ensure the receiver can withstand temperature fluctuations. In addition, Jensen tests for High humidity introduced at high-temp to test the effectiveness of circuit corrosion protection (conformal coating). Testing is also done to make sure the receiver will perform even after prolonged periods of storage with no power in extreme hot or cold temperatures.
- Electrical: Jensen Heavy Duty products go through an extensive Electrostatic Discharge Test on all exposed control areas as well as I/O connections so they can withstand the most severe static build up. A Reverse Polarity test uses a car battery to test the durability of the receiver when the (+) and (-) cables are accidentally reversed. A test is also done that applies 24 VDC for 5 minutes to simulate a vehicle that is jump-started. High/Low Operating Voltage tests are used to ensure electronics consistency when vehicle battery goes below or above the normal 12V (the unit must remain operational throughout the test). A Line Noise Rejection test throws noise onto the signal and simulates product reaction to alternator whine.
- Load Dump: Jensen Heavy Duty receivers include specific and significant front-end circuit protection and filtering that is proven to withstand the toughest electrical environments. The Load Dump Tests puts destructive pulses (spikes) to simulate the sudden disconnection of the battery from the alternator while the alternator is generating current to load the battery. Such Load Dump pulses are high energy pulses with a high potential of destruction ensuring that our electronics are protected.
- RF Performance: The RF Performance test ensures that our products keep clean signals in and the bad signals out, so that your are always left with a steady signal without outside interference. Jensen not only test for high level RF performance during product design, but also takes a random sampling from each production lot and test it to ensure performance consistency. A battery of over 80 performance tests are conducted to analyze and validate RF and audio performance.
Disc Playback: The Jensen Heavy Duty Series JBR550 supports playback of CD-Audio discs. It offers a 30 second electronic skip protection (ESP) to prevent your CDs from skipping during playback. You can insert or eject a disc with the receiver's power on or off (vehicle must be turned on). The unit will automatically begin playback when a CD is inserted. The unit will automatically switch to the AM/FM tuner when a disc is ejected. If an ejected disc is not removed within 10 seconds, the unit will automatically reload the disc to prevent damage to the CD. The unit offers playback controls such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Fast Forward/Rewind, Random/Repeat, and Intro (10 sec).
Note: This unit does not support CD-R and CD-R/W discs with MP3, WMA, other music file types.
Handheld Microphone: The JBR550 comes with a handheld wired microphone for making announcements. The wired microphone features a 2' coiled cord that plugs into the receiver's 12" microphone input cable. The head unit will automatically switch over to PA mod when you press the "Talk" button on the microphone. The PA output level can be adjusted from the rotary dial on the wired microphone. When the head unit is off, the unit will wake up when the microphone's "Talk" button is pressed (it will take a few seconds before the radio wakes up). The unit will return to the off state when the "Talk" button is released. A mounting bracket is also included to mount the wired microphone on your dash.
AM/FM Radio: The Heavy Duty Series JBR550 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM and 12 AM presets. There is a preset scan function which allows you to quickly search through your presets on a current band.
Dual Aux Inputs: The Jensen JBR550 is outfitted with a front-panel 3.5mm Aux input and rear-panel stereo RCA auxiliary input for connecting external audio devices.
Note: This unit is not equipped with a USB port.
4ch Amplifier: The Jensen JBR550 is equipped with a 40-watt (Peak) x 4-channel amplifier for connection of up to two pair of speakers. The receiver provides electronic Bass (100Hz), Treble (10kHz), Balance, and Fader controls.
Note: This unit is not equipped with any preamp outputs for connecting an external power amplifier.
Front-Panel LCD: The Jensen JBR550 features a front-panel LCD screen which provides source, menu, and clock information. The display does not support song/artist/album display.
3 questions already asked