About the Jensen Heavy Duty JHD1120B
The Jensen Heavy Duty JHD1120B receiver will hold up in the tough conditions you encounter at job sites and on the road. It'll handle vibrations, temperature fluctuations, and humidity with ease, and the front panel's protective covering keeps out the dust and grime you encounter when taking on dirty jobs. And if you're a trucker who takes your stereo out of the rig when you're off the job, the receiver's built-in memory will keep all your presets and other settings for 30 days.
The receiver's AM and FM tuner lets you check out your favorite radio stations, while the Weather Band tuner keeps you up to date on changing weather conditions in your area. If you're on the road a lot, the Radio Broadcast Data Service (RBDS) alerts you to traffic conditions in select areas. If you've got a portable player, you can plug it into the minijack input right on the front panel.
The backlit LCD display is easy to read in all lighting conditions, and you can add an optional remote control if you'd like.
This digital media receiver will not play CDs. If you want to play CDs in your vehicle, we offer a wide selection of CD receivers.
- AM/FM receiver (no built-in CD player)
- conformal-coated circuit board and protective front panel keep out dust and grime
- 7-channel Weather Band tuner
- built-in amplifier (20 watts RMS/40 peak x 4 channels)
- backlit blue and black LCD display
- optional remote control
- 30-day preset memory when disconnected from power source
- 2-band equalizer with five preset EQ curves
- inputs: front (3.5 mm) auxiliary input
Other features and specs:
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JHD1120B
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/RDBS/WB in-dash receiver (with 15A ATC fuse inserted in chassis)
- Cage (installed)
- Power/ground harness
- Speaker wire harness
- Metal backstrap
- Rubber boot
- Philips-head bolt (with flat-washer and lock-washer installed)
- 2 Hex nuts
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Installation/Operation Manual
Jensen Heavy Duty JHD1120B reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jensen Heavy Duty JHD1120B
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||N/C|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||40 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Key Button Color||Amber|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||N|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Heavy Duty: The Jensen Heavy Duty JHD1120 is an AM/FM/RBDS/WB in-dash receiver. Jensen Heavy Duty series head units are specifically designed, built, and tested to withstand even the harshest road and work conditions, such as humidity, electrostatic discharge, vibrations, and temperature fluctuations. Its entire front panel is an impervious membrane protected to prevent dirt, grime from accessing control panel through pushbutton gaps. The head unit's conformal coated PCB board and heavy-duty design specification provides maximum durability under all conditions. The following tests are performed on Jensen's Heavy Duty in-dash receivers.
- Extreme Temperature & Humidity Test: Tested to ensure that the unit will fully function in -22° F to 158° F temperatures, as well as up to 95% relative humidity.
- Vibration Test: Tested to withstand 4G's at 20-500Hz for 9 hours to ensure the unit can withstand the extreme environments most commonly met in heavy duty applications.
- RF Performance Test: The RF Chamber test ensures that the stereo keeps clean signals in and the bad signal out, so you are always left with a steady signal without outside interference.
- Electrostatic Discharge Test: The Electrostatic Discharge Test exposes the radio to up to 25 kilovolts to make sure it can withstand the most severe static build-up while you are out on the job.
- Severe Electrical Environment Test: The Jensen Heavy Duty radio is designed to survive an alternator battery disconnection, because it is equipped with the necessary component to prevent "Load Dump" destruction.
Note: This head unit does not contain a CD-slot.
Single DIN Mounting: This unit is designed for installation in a vehicle with an existing 1-DIN radio opening. In many cases a special installation kit will be required to mount the radio to your vehicle's dashboard. The JHD1120 features an integrated trim-ring and removable cage for E-size mounting only.
Note: Please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to see if your vehicle is compatible.
2-Line Power System: The Jensen Heavy Duty series head unit features a 2-Line Power System which prevents battery drain when the vehicle is turned off.
Non-Volatile Memory: The JHD1120's non-volatile memory saves your station presets and audio/user menu settings when the battery is disconnected.
Full Dot Matrix LCD: The Jensen JHD1120 features a 10-character alphanumeric segmented LCD display with a light-blue backlit background and black backlit character text.
Button Illumination: The Jensen Heavy Duty series receiver features amber backlit button illumination.
Clock: The Jensen head unit features a selectable 12/24 hour digital clock.
Amplifier: The Jensen Heavy Duty JHD1120 is equipped with a 40 watts (Peak) x 4-channel amplifier.
Pre-Set Equalizer: The Jensen JHD1120 features a built-in equalizer with 5 preset settings - Flat, Rock, Pop, Classical, or User.
Bass And Treble: The Jensen JHD1120's Preset EQ User mode features manual bass and treble adjustment. You can adjust the bass (100Hz) and treble (10kHz) independently from -10 to +10 dB.
Loudness: When listening to music at low volumes, this feature will boost the bass and treble ranges to compensate for the characteristics of human hearing.
AM/FM Tuner: The JHD1120 is equipped with an AM/FM US/EURO tuner that can store up to 30 presets (12AM/18FM). You can search and store AM/FM stations manually or automatically. The head unit also offer Preset Scan which pauses the radio for 5 seconds at each preset station.
RBDS (Radio Broadcast Data Service): This unit is equipped to display RBDS (Radio Broadcast Data Service) information when broadcast the radio station. The following LCD indicators appears when data is received.
- RBDS: The current radio station is broadcasting RBDS data.
- PTY: Program Type data is being sent. When flashing, PTY search is in progress. In FM mode you can use the following search options - Any, News, Information, Sports, Talk, Rock, Classic Rock, Adult Hits, Soft Rock, Top 40, Country, Oldies, Soft, Nostalgia, jazz, Classical, Rhythm & Blues, Soft Rhythm & Blues, Foreign Language, Religious Music, Religious Talk, Personality, Public, College, Weather, Emergency Test, Alarm.
7-Channel Weatherband Tuner: The JHD1120 is equipped with a built-in weatherband tuner. NOAA Weather Radio is a nationwide weather system that broadcasts local weather emergency information 24 hours a day. The US network has more than 530 station covering the 50 states as well as the adjacent coast waters, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands and the US Pacific Territories. Each local area has it own transmitting station and there are a total of seven broadcasting frequencies used.
Auxiliary Audio Input: The Jenson JHD1120 is equipped with a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting external portable audio sources to the head unit. The auxiliary input is located behind a rubber cover on the unit's front-panel.
Wireless Remote Ready: The Jensen Heavy Duty head unit is wireless remote ready (522REM10CC, sold separately). There is an IR receiver on the faceplate for use with the wireless remote.