About the Jensen Heavy Duty JHD1630B
Built for the hard-working man
Built for the hard-working man
The Jensen Heavy Duty JHD1630B receiver will hold up in the tough conditions you encounter at job sites and on the road. It'll handle vibrations, temperature fluctuations, and extreme humidity with ease, while its front panel features a protective covering that keeps out the dust and grime you encounter when taking on dirty jobs. And if you're a trucker who takes your stereo out of the rig when you're off the job, the receiver's built-in memory will keep all your presets and other settings for 30 days.
Radio — and more
Anyone who drives a lot knows the pain of finding a great radio station, only to have it fade away. You can add a SiriusXM satellite radio tuner to the JHD13630B, and gain access to coast-to-coast reception of some of the most entertaining radio around. Of course, the built-in AM/FM tuner lets you keep up with favorite local radio stations, and the Weather Band tuner has automatic NOAA weather alerts so you won't be caught by surprise by severe weather. The Radio Broadcast Data Service (RBDS) alerts you to traffic conditions in select areas.
Plug your your iPod® or iPhone® into the front-panel USB port, and you'll be able to access your playlists through the receiver's controls, as well as view song information on the display. If you want some other options, you can plug other audio devices into the front minijack or the rear RCA auxiliary inputs. For workplace communications, add an optional microphone and external speaker and let 'em hear you with the PA function.
This digital media receiver will not play CDs. If you want to play CDs in your vehicle, we offer a wide selection of CD receivers.
- AM/FM/WB receiver (no built-in CD player)
- conformal-coated circuit board and protective front panel keep out dust and grime
- 7-channel Weather Band tuner with NOAA weather alert
- built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels)
- backlit blue and black LCD display, with amber button lighting
- built-in public address function (optional microphone required)
- optional remote control
- 30-day preset memory when disconnected from power source
- bass and treble controls
- iPod controls
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: front (3.5 mm) and rear (RCA) auxiliary inputs, front USB port
- outputs: 2-channel preamp outputs (rear)
Other features and specs:
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JHD1630B
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/RDBS/WB in-dash receiver (15A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Metal backstrap
- Rubber boot
- Philips-head bolt (with flat-/ lock-washer installed)
- 2 Hex nuts
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Installation/Operation Manual
Jensen Heavy Duty JHD1630B reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jensen Heavy Duty JHD1630B
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Front, RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|Full size||5Gen and newer|
|Nano||1Gen and newer|
|Touch||1Gen and newer|
|iPhone||2G and newer|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||45 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||Not givenHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Amber|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Heavy Duty: The Jensen Heavy Duty JHD1630 is an AM/FM/RBDS/WB in-dash receiver which offers a front-panel USB port for iPod, dual Aux inputs, and is SiriusXM ready (requires optional tuner). Jensen Heavy Duty series head units are specifically designed, built, and tested to withstand even the harshest road and work conditions, such as humidity, electrostatic discharge, vibrations, and temperature fluctuations. Its entire front panel is an impervious membrane protected to prevent dirt, grime from accessing control panel through pushbutton gaps. The head unit's conformal coated PCB board and heavy-duty design specification provides maximum durability under all conditions. The following tests are performed on Jensen's Heavy Duty in-dash receivers.
- Extreme Temperature & Humidity Test: Tested to ensure that the unit will fully function in -22° F to 158° F temperatures, as well as up to 95% relative humidity.
- Vibration Test: Tested to withstand 4G's at 20-500Hz for 9 hours to ensure the unit can withstand the extreme environments most commonly met in heavy duty applications.
- RF Performance Test: The RF Chamber test ensures that the stereo keeps clean signals in and the bad signal out, so you are always left with a steady signal without outside interference.
- Electrostatic Discharge Test: The Electrostatic Discharge Test exposes the radio to up to 25 kilovolts to make sure it can withstand the most severe static build-up while you are out on the job.
- Severe Electrical Environment Test: The Jensen Heavy Duty radio is designed to survive an alternator battery disconnection, because it is equipped with the necessary component to prevent "Load Dump" destruction.
Note: This head unit does not contain a CD-slot.
Single DIN Mounting: This unit is designed for installation in a vehicle with an existing 1-DIN radio opening. In many cases a special installation kit will be required to mount the radio to your vehicle's dashboard. The JHD1630 features an integrated trim-ring (non-removable) and pre-installed cage (removable). Please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to see if your vehicle is compatible.
2-Line Power System: The Jensen Heavy Duty series head unit features a 2-Line Power System which prevents battery drain when the vehicle is turned off.
Non-Volatile Memory: The JHD1630's non-volatile memory saves your station presets and audio/user menu settings when the battery is disconnected.
AM/FM Tuner: The JHD1630 is equipped with an AM/FM US/EURO tuner that can store up to 30 presets (12AM/18FM). You can search and store AM/FM stations manually or automatically. The head unit also offer Preset Scan which pauses the radio for 5 seconds at each preset station.
RBDS (Radio Broadcast Data Service): This unit is equipped to display RBDS (Radio Broadcast Data Service) information when broadcast the radio station. The following LCD indicators appears when data is received.
- RBDS: The current radio station is broadcasting RBDS data.
- PTY: Program Type data is being sent. When flashing, PTY search is in progress. In FM mode you can use the following search options - Any, News, Information, Sports, Talk, Rock, Classic Rock, Adult Hits, Soft Rock, Top 40, Country, Oldies, Soft, Nostalgia, jazz, Classical, Rhythm & Blues, Soft Rhythm & Blues, Foreign Language, Religious Music, Religious Talk, Personality, Public, College, Weather, Emergency Test, Alarm.
7-Channel Weatherband Tuner: The JHD1630 is equipped with a built-in weatherband tuner with NOAA weather alert. NOAA Weather Radio is a nationwide weather system that broadcasts local weather emergency information 24 hours a day. The US network has more than 530 stations covering the 50 states as well as the adjacent coast waters, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands and the US Pacific Territories. Each local area has it own transmitting station and there are a total of seven broadcasting frequencies used. You can set the unit to automatically turn on when there is an NOAA alert.
S.A.M.E (Specific Area Message Encoding): Specific Area Message Encoding (SAME) data is also broadcast prior to alert broadcasts. SAME data contains information about the geographic region affected by the alert, the type of alert, and its effective time. The geographic region included in the SAME data is called the Geographical Area code and has the form PSCCCC where "P" represents a portion of the county, "SS" is a two-digit state, territory, or offshore marine area identifier, and "CCC" indentifies the county , province, or major metropolitan area within the state. SAME data also includes the type of alert being broadcast. This unit can be configured through the system setting menu with up to seven Geographical Area codes to limit the automatic tuning or power on functions based on the type of alert.
SiriusXM Ready: The Jensen Heavy Duty JHD1630 comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM and Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options and channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Direct Tuning via front-panel controls
- Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Front-Panel USB Port: The Jensen Heavy Duty JHD1630 features a front-panel USB (type-A) port behind a rubber cover. The receiver's USB port can be used for connecting a (MSC) Mass Storage Class USB device - such as select portable digital audio players or USB thumbdrives. The head unit can play music files stored on the USB device in MP3 or WMA formats (up to 384 kbps). The JHD1630 will recognize up to 512 maximum folders, 12 folder levels, and a total of 999 files. The head unit also supports ID3 Tag information. USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the receiver's USB port (max. 0.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The unit's USB port is not compatible with Android OS devices.
USB 1-Wire iPod/iPhone Control: The JHD1630's front-panel USB port allows you to connect your iPod/iPhone via the included iPod dock or Lightning connector-to-USB cable that comes with your iPod or iPhone (not included with the head unit). The iPod/iPhone power turns on automatically when an iPod is connected, as long a the vehicle ignition is turned on. This USB 1-Wire for iPod/iPhone connection lets you directly connect, charge, & control select iPod/iPhones via the USB jack on the front of the unit, as well as view metadata like song title & artist name on the front display. You can listen to stored music or music apps on your compatible Apple iPod/iPhone.
- Bypass iPod DAC: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 1-bit D/A converter (bypassing iPod/iPhone DAC) for better sound quality.
- Music Navigation: The JHD1630 supports the following playback control for your iPod/iPhone; Play/Pause, Repeat/Random, Skip/Previous, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Category Search (Playlist/Artist/Album/Genre/Song/Audiobook/Podcast).
- Information Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information, including Track #, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album label.
- Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then this unit will not recognize it. This unit will not charge the iPad.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Jensen Heavy Duty JHD1630 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 3/20/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Dual Auxiliary Audio Inputs: The Jenson JHD1630 is equipped with a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input and a rear-panel stereo RCA auxiliary input for connecting external portable audio sources to the head unit. The front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input is located behind a rubber cover.
Amplifier: The Jensen Heavy Duty JHD1630 is equipped with a 45 watts (Peak) x 4-channel amplifier.
Pre-Set Equalizer: The Jensen JHD1630 features a built-in equalizer with 5 preset settings - Flat, Rock, Pop, Classical, or User.
Bass And Treble: The JHD1630's Preset EQ User mode features manual bass and treble adjustment. You can adjust the bass (100Hz) and treble (10kHz) independently from -6 to +6 dB.
Loudness: When listening to music at low volumes, this feature will boost the bass and treble ranges to compensate for the characteristics of human hearing.
2-Channel Preamp Outputs: The Jensen head unit features a pair of two-channel preamp outputs for connecting an external amplifier.
Beep Tone Confirmation: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Full Dot Matrix LCD: The Jensen JHD1630 features a full-dot matrix LCD display.
Button Illumination: The Jensen Heavy Duty series receiver features amber backlit button illumination.
Clock: The Jensen head unit features a selectable 12/24 hour digital clock.
Wireless Remote Ready: The Jensen Heavy Duty head unit is wireless remote ready (522REM10CC, sold separately). There is an IR receiver on the faceplate for use with the wireless remote.
Public Announcement (PA) Feature: The Jensen JHD1630 supports a Public Announcement feature with the use of an optional microphone (sold separately). The head unit features a proprietary 4-pin port to be used with the optional Jensen microphone (available from manufacturer).
The Jensen Heavy Duty JHD1630B replaces these items
- conformal-coated circuit board and protective front panel keep out dust and grime
- front and rear auxiliary inputs
- optional iPod control and satellite radio tuner
7 questions already asked