About the Jensen JWM92A
A/V versatility in your rig
A/V versatility in your rig
You never know what you'll want to watch or listen to when you're on the road, so Jensen's JWM92A entertainment system offers a variety of ways to enjoy your audio and video favorites throughout your home on wheels. This slim, wall-mountable unit houses everything you need for your A/V entertainment, all controllable with the included remote or through your smartphone with Jensen's jControl app. Jensen has tested this receiver to meet tough durability standards, so you'll enjoy trouble-free operation, wherever you may roam.
Send video to your TV from DVDs when it's movie night, or tune in your favorite radio stations when you're rolling down the highway. Take a deep dive into your favorite streaming music or podcasts on your phone through this Jensen's Bluetooth streaming.
The JWM92A boasts three independent speaker zones, each with volume control and multi-source capabilities, plus a pair of mono subwoofer outputs for powered subs. You'll find 160 watts of total power is on tap for your zones, directed through eight speaker outputs. Choose your input — you'll find a USB input, two aux inputs, CD/DVD playback, an AM/FM tuner, two digital inputs, and Bluetooth audio. For video, you'll find an HDMI input and output, plus an RCA composite output.
- DVD/CD player with AM/FM tuner
- Bluetooth audio streaming
- system control through Jensen's jControl app
- 3-zone output with independent volume control (20 watts RMS x 8 channels)
- LCD display with 10 dimming levels (no video monitor)
- MP3 file playback via CD/DVD and USB
- 30 programmable station presets (18 FM, 12 AM)
- clock with timer and alarm
- five preset EQ curves, plus bass and treble controls
- inputs: front USB port; front A/V input (minijack); rear aux input (RCA); front HDMI input; two rear digital audio inputs (optical and coaxial)
- outputs: two rear video outputs (HDMI and RCA); rear fixed/variable line-level audio output; two mono subwoofer outputs
- flush mountable
- 12-volt DC powered
- includes remote control
- chassis: 8-1/4"W x 2-7/8"H x 6-1/2"D
- faceplate: 17"W x 3-3/4"H x 1-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JWM92A
What's in the box:
- RV wall-mount receiver (20A fuse)
- 2 Screw-covers (pre-installed)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control
- CR2025 3V battery
- 4' AV minijack-to-RCA cable
- Quick Reference Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jensen JWM92A
RV Receiver: The Jensen JWM92A is a wall-mount stereo receiver that has been specifically designed and built for recreational vehicle use. The JWM92A has past numerous tests to make sure it stands up to recreation vehicle usage.
- Temperature/Vibration Chamber: Long duration product exposure to constant random frequency operational vibration and non-operational vibration to simulate rugged road conditions. Simultaneous temperature cycle and vibration exposure are also conducted for additional data that is relevant to detecting potential material/component weaknesses and calculating product life expectancy.
- Electrostatic Discharge: The last thing you need is for your radio to quit due to accidental static shock. That's why this RV receiver goes through the extensive Electrostatic Discharge Test on all exposed control areas as well as I/O connections so they can withstand the most severe static build up.
- DC Voltage Overstress & Reverse Polarity: The DC Voltage Overstress Test uses a power supply and applies 18 or 24 VDC for 5 minutes to simulate a vehicle that is jumpstarted. The Reverse Polarity test uses a car battery to test the durability of the product when the (+) and (-) cables are accidentally reversed
- Power Line Noise Rejection & Simulated Crank Start Voltage: The Power Line Noise Rejection test throws noise onto the signal and simulates product reaction to alternator whine. The Simulated Crank Start Voltage test is used to test electronics depreciation and altercations when vehicle is turned-on.
- High/Low Operating Voltage & Shorted I/O Tests: The High/Low Operating Voltage tests are used to ensure electronics consistency when vehicle battery goes below or above the normal 12V; the product must remain operational throughout the test. The Shorted I/O test ensures that the unit will function when inputs and outputs are connected improperly to the product.
- High/Low Operating Temperature: Long-Duration product exposure to operational temperature extremes and rapid temperature cycles that are experienced in outdoor mobile applications. In addition, Jensen tests for high humidity introduced at high-temp to test the effectiveness of circuit corrosion protection (conformal coating).
- RF Performance Testing: The RF Performance test ensures that the product keeps clean signals in and the bad signals out, so that you are always left with a steady signal without outside interference. Jensen not only tests for high level RF performance during product design, but also takes a random sampling from each production lot and test it to ensure performance consistency. A battery of over 80 performance tests are conducted to analyze and validate RF and audio performance.
3 Zone/8 Speaker Output: The Jensen JWM92A is equipped with a 20 watt (RMS) x 8 channel amplifier. The built-in amplifier powers speakers in three different zones (locations). There are four speaker outputs in Zone "A", and two speaker outputs each in Zone "B" and Zone "C". Each zone can be individually selected or all three zones can be used at the same time. You can independently adjust the volume level of each active zone. You can play the same source in each zone or have different sources playing in different zones.
- If Zone A is in AM/FM, Bluetooth, Front Aux or Rear Aux mode, the multi-source function cannot be activated. In this scenario, Zone B and Zone C will play the same source as Zone A.
- If Zone A is in Disc, USB, Coaxial, Optical, or HDMI mode; the following sources are selectable for Zone B - AM/FM, Bluetooth, Front AUX, Rear AUX as well as the current active Zone A source. Zone C's source mode will be the same as Zone B.
- If Zone A and Zone B are both set to Disc, USB, Coaxial, Optical, or HDMI; the following source are selectable for Zone C - AM/FM, Bluetooth, Front Aux, and Rear Aux; as well as the current source in Zone A and B.
Note: The JWM92A is also outfitted with dual mono-RCA subwoofer outputs for adding external mono-subwoofer amplifiers or powered subs.
DVD Player: The Jensen JWM92A features a built-in disc player that supports playback of CD Audio, CD-R/RW, DVD video discs. It will also playback MP3 music files recorded onto a CD-R/RW disc. In addition, it provides electronic skip protection (ESP) for disc playback - 5 seconds for DVD, 15 seconds for CD, and 40 seconds for MP3.
Note: The JWM92A will play DVD discs, but does not have a video monitor. Video from the DVD will transmitted through the receiver's composite video or HDMI output to an external monitor.
AM/FM Tuner: The JWM92A is equipped with an AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 12 AM and 18 FM presets for a total of 30 presets. You can search and store AM/FM stations manually or automatically. The head unit also offer Preset Scan which pauses the radio for 5 seconds at each preset station. You can select either US or European tuning.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Jensen JWM92A offers built-in Bluetooth with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP) of your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or tablet device. You'll be able to stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your Bluetooth source device to the Jensen receiver, as well as control basic playback functions (like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track) from the receiver. Advanced music navigation and song/artist information will still be done from your Bluetooth mobile device. You can pair up to five Bluetooth source devices, but only one can be connected for playback at a time. The unit will automatically connect with the last device paired when within range (up 33').
Note: This unit does not support Bluetooth hands-free phone communication for making or answering calls.
Front-Panel USB Port: The JWM92A features a front-panel USB (type-A) port for connection of a USB mass storage class device, such as a USB thumbdrive. You are able to play back MP3 music files stored on a USB MSC device. The USB port can even be used to charge smartphones and other USB-enabled devices.
Note: The USB port does not support audio playback from Apple iOS and Android devices.
HDMI Input/Output: The unit is equipped with a front-panel HDMI input and rear-panel HDMI output. The HDMI input allows you to connect an external audio/video device, such as a TV tuner or Blu-ray player. HDMI output allows the audio/video signal from the receiver's built-in DVD player or HDMI input to to an external monitor system (the HDMI out does support output of the AV input). The HDMI out also supports ARC, allowing audio from your external monitor system to be sent back through the wall-mount stereo receiver. The HDMI jacks support 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i.
Optical & Coaxial Digital Inputs: The receiver features an optical (toslink) and coaxial (RCA) digital input. The digital inputs will support 2ch PCM audio only (not multichannel audio).
Analog AV Inputs: The Jensen JWM92A is equipped with a front-panel AV input and rear-panel Aux input. The front-panel AV input consists of 3.5mm minijack, while the rear-panel Aux input consist of stereo RCA jacks.
Analog AV Outputs: The Jensen JWM92A is also outfitted with a composite video output to transmit the video signal from the receiver's DVD player or front-panel AV input to an external monitor (the composite video out does not support output of the HDMI input). In addition, the receiver is equipped with fixed & variable stereo RCA outputs to deliver audio to a secondary amplified audio system.
Remote & App Control: The JWM92A comes with a 44-button IR remote control for wireless operation of the receiver. Jensen's jControl App (for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.1) turns your Bluetooth-paired Apple iOS or Android device into a remote control for the Jensen JWM92A. You'll be able to control primary functions of the head unit from your mobile device; like Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down (zone independent), Mute, Source Input (zone independent), Audio Menu, and Speaker Selection.
Audio Settings: The JWM92A allows you to configure several audio settings to tailor the sound to your preference. You can choose from one of five EQ presets - Flat, Pop, Classical, Rock or User. The User mode allows you to adjust the head unit's Bass (100Hz) & Treble (10kHz) manually from -7 to + 7. When listening to music at low volumes, this feature will boost the bass and treble ranges to compensate for the characteristics of human hearing.
Playback & Search Functions: The unit provides a variety of playback and search functions for disc & USB playback; like Play/Pause, Previous Next/Track, Fast Forward/Rewind (x4/x8/x20), Repeat (all/track), Random (all/folder), Program (16 tracks), and Intro Scan (10 sec). You can also use the included remote's keypad to go directly to a track on a disc or USB device.
Single-Line Display: The Jensen JWM92A features a large single-line display that will indicate clock setting, audio setting, source selection, station number, and song/artist information (when applicable). You can adjust the display's brightness level.
Alarm Clock & Sleep Timer: The Jensen JWM92A offers a clock display with alarm and sleep timer. You can set the unit to turn on at a desired time. You can also set the unit to turn off after 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes.
Installation: The Jensen JWM92A is powered with 12 volts DC and wall-mounts in your RV with 4 screws (not included). The unit's chassis size fits some standard wall-mount openings in select RVs. In other cases, the JWM92A will require a custom cutout. See the unit's mounting dimensions below.
- Width = 8.275"
- Height = 2.845"
- Depth = 6.505"
- Width = 17.005"
- Height = 3.755"
- Depth = 1.25"
The Jensen JWM92A replaces these items
- Bluetooth audio streaming
- 3-zone output with independent volume control (8 x 20 watts peak x 8 channels)
- music file playback via CD/DVD and USB
2 questions already asked