About the Soundstream Reserve RS1.8000D
A sub amp with the power you want
A sub amp with the power you want
Soundstream designed their Reserve Series RS1.8000D mono subwoofer amplifier to supply your subwoofer with serious power, and give you the ability to tune the amplified sound to match your sub and enclosure. The RS1.8000D can send your sub up to 3,000 watts RMS for bass that might blow your mind.
Tuning the sound
Tuning features include variable low-pass and subsonic filters, along with a phase switch, while a wired remote lets you control the bass level from your front seat. The RS1.8000 employs Class D amp technology, in order to achieve the highest power levels without straining your car's electrical system.
Soundstream knows that Crutchfield offers free lifetime tech support for the gear we sell — and that's one of the reasons why we can offer you their Reserve line of powerful car amplifiers.
RS1.8000D input and control panel
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 1200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 1700 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 3000 watts x 1 at 1 ohm
- Class D amp technology
- variable low-pass filter (40-150 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable subsonic filter (10-50 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- phase switch (0 or 180°)
- wired remote control included
- RCA preamp inputs and outputs
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 1/0-gauge power and ground wire recommended
- fuse rating: 80A x 2
- dimensions: 19-5/16 (including wire)"W x 2-3/16"H x 8-3/16"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RS1.8000D
What's in the box:
Soundstream Reserve RS1.8000D owner's manual
- Mono subwoofer amplifier
- Two 80-amp MAXI fuses (installed)
- Wired remote control
- 19' Remote control cable (RJ-25 plug on both ends)
- Four 1" Screws
- Two 5/8" Screws
- 6 Flat washers
- 6 Split lock washers
- 4 Foam isolation pads (1/2" x 1/2")
- Owner's manual
Soundstream Reserve RS1.8000D reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Soundstream Reserve RS1.8000D
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
1200 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||8000 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||1700 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Best Frequency Response||15-150 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.01%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||---|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-150 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Mono Amp: The SoundStream RS1.8000D is a single channel subwoofer amp. The low pass crossover is always engaged, so the amp does not offer full-range output.
- 4Ω: 1,200 watts RMS x 1-channel
- 2Ω: 1,700 watts RMS x 1-channel
- 1Ω: 3,000 watts RMS x 1-channel
Wired Remote: A wired remote level control is included. The remote has integrated flanges and screws are included to mount the unit under the dash. It includes a 19' cable to connect to the amplifier.
- Width: 1⅝" wide (2⅝" including the mounting flanges)
- Height: ¾"
- Depth: 1½" (1⅞" including the knob and cable)
- Level Control (Gain): rotary dial labeled min/max; adjustable from 0.2 Volts to 8.0 Volts
- Crossover: the low pass and subsonic crossovers
are always engaged (they cannot be bypassed); the slope of both is 12
- Low Pass: rotary dial; 40-150 Hz
- Subsonic (High Pass): rotary dial; 10-50 Hz
- Phase: 2-position switch; 0° and 180°
- Power Input: The power and ground connections are set screw terminals; they will accept up to 1/0-gauge wire.
- Remote Turn-On: The remote turn-on connection is a set screw terminal; it will accept up to 8-gauge wire.
- Speaker Output: The speaker output set-screw
terminals will accept up to 8-gauge wire. There are two pair of
outputs internally wired in parallel, making it easy to connect
- Note: All the set screw terminals are tightened/loosened with a Phillips head screw driver (not included)
- Line Input: The amplifier has one pair of RCA input jacks.
- Line Level Output: The amplifier also has a pair of RCA line level outputs for feeding another amplifier; it is the same signal that is input through the RCA line inputs. The amplifier's crossovers and gain controls have no effect on the line level output signal.
- Remote: The wired remote cable plugs into the RJ-25 jack (phone type) on the amp.
- Fuses: The amp has two 80-amp MAXI fuses.
6 questions already asked