About the Soundstream Reserve RS4.1200
An amp with the power you want
An amp with the power you want
Soundstream designed their Reserve Series RS4.1200 4-channel amplifier to supply your speakers and subs with plenty of power, and give you the ability to tune the amplified sound to match each driver. The RS4.1200 can send each of your front and rear speakers 75 watts RMS, for some pretty robust rockin'. Or, you can power a couple of front speakers with 75 watts each while powering a subwoofer with up to 220 watts RMS from bridged rear channels.
Tuning the sound
Tuning features include variable high-pass and low-pass filters to match the sound to your speakers and subs, along with a selectable bass boost to add some punch. The RS4.1200 employs Class AB amp technology, in order to achieve the highest fidelity for your full-range system.
Soundstream knows that Crutchfield offers free lifetime tech support for the gear we sell — and that's one of the reasons why we can offer you their Reserve line of powerful car amplifiers.
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
- 110 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
- 220 watts x 2 bridged at 4 ohms
- Class AB amp technology
- variable high-pass filter (50-400 Hz, 12 dB/octave) on front channels
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-400 Hz, 12 dB/octave) on rear channels
- selectable bass boost (0, 6, 12 dB at 45 Hz) on rear channels
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- preamp outputs
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground wire recommended
- fuse rating: 35A x 2
- dimensions: 12-1/4"W x 2-3/16"H x 8-3/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RS4.1200
What's in the box:
- 4-channel amplifier
- Two 11" Speaker level input harnesses
- Two 35-amp ATO fuses (installed)
- Four 1" Screws
- 4 Flat washers
- 4 Split lock washers
- Owner's manual
Soundstream Reserve RS4.1200 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Soundstream Reserve RS4.1200
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
75 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||300 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||110 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||220 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||15-25k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.05%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||105 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-400 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-400 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0, 6, 12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Channel Configuration: The SoundStream RS.1200 is a 4-channel amp; essentially two full range 2-channel amps built into one chassis. Both sections are bridgeable, so it can be configured as a 4-channel, 3-channel, or 2-channel amplifier.
- 4Ω: 75 watts RMS x 4-channels
- 2Ω: 110 watts RMS x 4-channels
- Bridged: 220 watts RMS x 2-channels into 4Ω
Level Control (Gain): The input levels are independently adjustable for the front and rear channels. The input range is 0.2 Volts to 6.0 Volts.
Crossover: The amp also has independent crossover controls for the front and rear channels. The crossover slopes are 12 dB/octave:
- Mode: two position switch; choose Full Range (crossover is bypassed) or High Pass
- Frequency: set the crossover point when in high pass mode; rotary dial; 50-400 Hz
- Mode: choose Full Range (crossover is bypassed), High Pass, or Low Pass
- Frequency: there are separate dials for the high pass and low pass filters; both are 50-400 Hz
Bass Boost: The bass boost on the rear channels, centered at 45 Hz, can be set to 0 dB (flat), +6 dB, or +12 dB.
Power/Ground/Remote Turn-on: The amplifier has screw terminals for the power, ground, and remote turn-on, and will accommodate spade connectors. The power and ground terminals are 0.5" wide and the remote turn-on terminal is 0.35" wide.
Speaker Output: Four pair of screw terminals are provided for connecting the speakers. The terminals are 0.35" wide, and accommodate spade connectors.
Line Input: The amplifier has two pair of RCA input jacks, front and rear.
Speaker Level Input: When an RCA line level signal is not available, use the included 11" speaker level input harnesses.
Line Level Output: The amplifier has one pair of RCA line level outputs for feeding another amplifier; it is the same signal that is input through the RCA line inputs. The amplifier's crossovers and gain controls have no effect on the line level output signal.
Fuses: The amp has two 35-amp ATO blade fuses.