About the Soundstream Reserve RS5.4500D
A full-system amp with all the power you want
A full-system amp with all the power you want
Soundstream designed their Reserve Series RS5.4500D five-channel amplifier to supply your speakers and subs with tons of power, and give you the ability to tune the amplified sound to match each driver. The RS5.4500D can send each of your front and rear speakers 100 watts RMS while supplying a subwoofer with up to 750 watts RMS. Or, you can power a couple of high performance speakers with 320 watts each from bridged front and rear amp channels, while powering a subwoofer with 750 watts RMS.
Tuning the sound
Tuning features include variable high- and low-pass filters, along with a variable bass boost, while a wired remote lets you control the bass level from your front seat. The RS5.45000D employs Class D amp technology, in order to achieve the highest power levels without straining your car's electrical system.
Soundstream knows that Crutchfield offers free lifetime tech support for the gear we sell — and that's one of the reasons why we can offer you their Reserve line of powerful car amplifiers.
RS5.4500D input and control panel
- 5-channel car amplifier
- 100 watts RMS x 4 + 500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 160 watts RMS x 4 + 750 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 320 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 750 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- Class-D amplifier technology
- front channels:
- variable high-pass filter (50-4000 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- rear channels:
- variable high-pass filter (50-150 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- bandpass setting adds a variable low-pass filter (250-4000 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- subwoofer channel:
- variable low-pass filter (30-150 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- wired remote level control for subwoofer channel included
- RCA preamp inputs
- fuse rating: 100A x 1
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground wire recommended
- dimensions: 16-1/16"W x 2-3/16"H x 8-3/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RS5.4500D
What's in the box:
- 5-channel amplifier
- One 100-amp MAXI fuse (installed)
- Wired remote control (subwoofer channel only)
- 19' Remote control cable (RJ-25 plug on both ends)
- Four 1" Screws
- Two 5/8" Screws
- 6 Flat washers
- 6 Split lock washers
- 4 Foam isolation pads (1/2" x 1/2")
- Owner's manual
Soundstream Reserve RS5.4500D reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Soundstream Reserve RS5.4500D
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
100 x 4 |
500 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||160 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||320 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||15-25k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.05%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||105 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-150 & 250-4k Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-150 & 50-4k Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Channel Configuration: The SoundStream RS5.4500D is a 5-channel amp; essentially two full range 2-channel amps and one mono subwoofer amp built into one chassis. Both full range sections are bridgeable, so it can be configured as a 5-channel, 4-channel, or 3-channel amplifier.
- Front and Rear Channels:
- 4Ω: 100 watts RMS x 4-channels
- 2Ω: 160 watts RMS x 4-channels
- Bridged: 320 watts RMS x 2-channels into 4Ω
- Subwoofer Channel:
- 4Ω: 500 watts RMS x 1-channel
- 2Ω: 750 watts RMS x 1-channel
Level Control (Gain): The input levels are independently adjustable for the front, rear, and subwoofer channels. The input range is 0.2 Volts to 6.0 Volts.
Crossover: The amp has independent crossover controls for the front, rear, and subwoofer channels. The crossover slopes are all 12 dB/octave:
- Mode: two position switch; choose Full Range (crossover is bypassed) or High Pass
- Frequency: set the crossover point when in high pass mode; rotary dial; 50 Hz-4 kHz
- Mode: choose Full Range (crossover is bypassed), High Pass, or Band Pass (both high pass and low pass filters are engaged)
- Frequency: there are separate dials for the high
pass and low pass filters
- High Pass: rotary dial; 50-150 Hz
- Low Pass: rotary dial; 250 Hz-4 kHz
- Subwoofer: the low pass crossover on the
subwoofer channel is always engaged
- Frequency: set the low pass crossover point; rotary dial; 50-150 Hz
Bass Boost: The bass boost on the subwoofer channel, centered at 45 Hz, is continuously variable from 0 dB (flat) to +12 dB.
Input Selector: Set the three position input selector switch to the number of input channels used; 2-channel, 4-channel, or 5-channel.
Wired Remote: A wired subwoofer level control is included (subwoofer channel only). The remote has integrated flanges and screws are included to mount the unit under the dash. It includes a 19' cable to connect to the amplifier.
- Width: 1⅝" wide (2⅝" including the mounting flanges)
- Height: ¾"
- Depth: 1½" (1⅞" including the knob and cable)
Power Input: The power and ground connections are set screw terminals; they will accept up to 4-gauge wire. The set screws are tightened/loosened with a Phillips head screw driver (not included).
Remote Turn-On: The remote turn-on connection is a set screw terminal; it will accept up to 8-gauge wire.
Speaker Outputs: The five pair of speaker output set-screw terminals will accept up to 8-gauge wire. The set screws are tightened/loosened with a Phillips head screw driver (not included).
Signal Input: The amplifier has three pair of RCA input jacks, front, rear and subwoofer.
Remote: The wired remote cable plugs into the RJ-25 jack (phone type) on the amp.
Fuses: The amp has one 100-amp MAXI fuse.
4 questions already asked