About the Soundstream ST4.1000DB
Big power and a Bluetooth® bonus
Big power and a Bluetooth® bonus
Pack a lot of power into a small space with Soundstream's ST4.1000DB 4-channel marine amplifier. Its efficient Class-D design combines stable performance, low power draw, and excellent sound quality into a small footprint that's a great match for boats, motorcycles, ATVs, or any application where space is tight. Built-in Bluetooth lets you play your favorite music directly from smartphones and other mobile devices without the need for a receiver or the hassle of cables and plugs. Whether you're out on the water or up on a mountain, that's a big benefit.
Awesome sound, anywhere you go
This amp works with both factory and aftermarket radios, and quick-disconnect harnesses make the ST4.1000DB easy to install and remove. A subsonic filter eliminates ultra-low frequencies that can muddy your sound, while the conformal-coated circuit board keeps the sound cranking when you're out having fun.
The amp includes switchable white and black top plates, so you can choose the look which best matches your vehicle or vessel.
- 4-channel marine/powersports amplifier
- 90 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (125 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 250 watts x 2 bridged at 4 ohms
- ideal for boats, ATVs, side-by-sides, golf carts, and more
- silver chassis with switchable black or white top plates
- built-in Bluetooth for audio streaming
- variable high-pass filters (35-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- subsonic filter
- Class D amp technology
- MOSFET power supply
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- fuse rating: 30A x 1
- 10-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- dimensions: 8-11/16"W x 1-1/2"H x 3-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ST4.1000DB
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel Class D amplifier with a 30A ATM fuse installed
- Two 8.5" Speaker-level input harnesses (with 5-pin Molex connectors on one end)
- Two 5.5" Line-level input harnesses (Stereo female RCAs on one end and 5-pin Molex plug on other end)
- 6" Thru-pass harness (with 5-pin Molex plugs on both ends)
- 6" Speaker output harness (with 8-pin Molex connector on one end)
- 6" Power harness (with 6-pin Molex connector)
- Right-angled Bluetooth antenna (MCX male connector)
- 40" Bluetooth antenna extension (male and female MCX connectors)
- 4 Self-tapping screws (Length=5/8")
- Owner's manual
- Self-adhesive faceplate (white)
- Self-adhesive faceplate (black)
More details on the Soundstream ST4.1000DB
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||90 x 4|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||---|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||---|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||106 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||500 x 2|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||125 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||250 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||35-250 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Soundstream Stealth-series amplifiers pack a powerful punch from a small chassis. This 4-channel, full-range Class D amplifier can drive two pairs of speakers without taking up a lot of space. The ST4.1000DB is equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 that lets you wirelessly play audio from a smartphone or other mobile device. You can also customize the look of your amplifier with exchangeable top plates in black and white.
Note: The amplifier does not have a low-pass filter, and is not recommended for powering subwoofers.
Power Output: The ST4.1000DB micro-mini amp delivers 90 watts x 4 channels at 4 ohms, and 125 watts x 4 at 2 ohms. Bridged output is 250 watts x 2 (4 ohms).
Bluetooth: The amplifier has a built-in Bluetooth receiver that lets you wirelessly connect to your smartphone or other mobile device. You can play digital music files stored on your phone, or stream music from internet radio stations and other music sites. The Bluetooth signal will override the signal being input through the wired connection. When the Bluetooth source is turned off, the wired signal will resume. The amp includes an omnidirectional antenna with a 40" extension for best reception. Bluetooth has a connection range of approximately 30 feet (10 meters).
Marine, Motorcycle, Utility Vehicles: The ST4.1000DB has a conformal coating that protects the printed circuit board from water and salt air. This allows you to install the amp in locations that may be subjected to moisture, such as in an ATV, motorcycle, or on a boat.
Note: Because the controls and connections are not completely sealed, installing the amplifier in a location that is subjected to frequent splashes or submersion is not recommended.
High/Low Level Input: The amp includes plug-in harnesses for both high-level and low-level inputs. Speaker wires from the source unit can be spliced onto the two supplied high-level input harnesses. If you're using the preamp outputs from the source unit, you can plug in your RCA cables into the two low-level input harnesses. Both harnesses have a 5-pin Molex connector that plugs into the amp's Hi/Lo Input.
Note: If you're using the high-level inputs, you do not need to run a remote turn-on lead. The amplifier will automatically turn on when it senses an input signal.
Thru-pass Output: The ST4.1000DB features a thru-pass connection that allows you to daisy-chain multiple amplifiers without having to run additional input signals from the source unit. The 6" thru-pass harness consists of 5-pin Molex connectors on each end that you can connect between amplifiers to output the audio signal to another amplifier.
LEDs: The amp features two LEDs on one end to indicate the status of the amplifier. The green LED will glow when the power to the amplifier is on. When the red LED glows, the amplifier's protection circuitry is engaged, shutting down the amp. On the other side, a blue LED glows with the amp is connected to a mobile device via Bluetooth.
Protection Circuitry: The protection circuitry will shut down the amplifier for the following conditions:
- Overheating: Thermal protection can be caused by too low of an impedance or inadequate air flow around the amplifier.
- Over-/Under-Voltage: The amp will shut down if the voltage to the amp is not within 10 to 16.8 Volts DC range.
- Short Circuit: When speaker wires become shorted to each other or to the vehicle chassis, the amplifier will shut down.
Controls: The ST4.1000DB's controls are located on the top of the amplifier. There are two sets of controls, one for the front channels (1&2) and one for the rear channels (3&4). The controls include:
- Gain: The rotary gain controls let you match the amp's input sensitivity to the output of the source unit. The input sensitivity range of the amplifier is continuously variable between 0.5V and 12V. A small screwdriver (not included) is required to set the gain.
- Crossover: The amp features independent 12 dB/octave high-pass crossovers that can be set between 35Hz and 250Hz using the rotary controls.
Note: The manual incorrectly states that the amplifier also has a low-pass crossover.
Molex Connections: The Soundstream ST4.1000DB uses compact Molex connectors which plug into the amplifier for the amp's input (RCA), amp input (speaker level), thru-pass, speaker output, and power/ground/remote turn-on connections.
Power: The Power/Ground/Remote harness contains two 16-gauge red +12V power wires. These should both be spliced to your power wire (not included) which runs from the amp to the battery. You should use at least a 10-gauge power wire to the battery, with an in-line 30A fuse no more than 18" from the battery terminal.
Ground: Like the power wires, there are two 16-gauge black ground wires. Both should be spliced to a larger gauge ground wire (not included) and attached to a metal area close to the amplifier. The ground wire should be the same gauge as the power wire.
Remote Turn-On: The blue wire in the harness is for the amplifier's remote turn-on circuit. This should be spliced to a remote wire (18-gauge typically) that runs to the source unit. This connection is not needed if you are connecting the amplifier to the source unit via a high-level input.
High-Level Input: If you're connecting the amplifier to a factory head unit, or a unit that does not have preamp outputs, you should use the amp's high-level input. Splice the source unit's speaker wires to the two High-Level Input harnesses and plug them into the amp's Molex connectors.
Low-Level Input: The amp's two Low-Level input harness each have two female RCA connectors that will accept the plugs of an RCA patch cable from the head unit. The other end plugs into the amp's Molex connector.
Speaker Outputs: The amp features a speaker output harness with connections for 8 speakers. Speaker wires should be spliced onto the speaker output harness.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 30kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.05%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 106dB
- Input Sensitivity: 0.5V - 12V
- Dimensions: Width 8.672", Height 1.465, Depth 3.095"
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
9 questions already asked