About the Soundstream VR-345B
Big features, small chassis
Big features, small chassis
Soundstream's VR-345B DVD receiver gives you a gorgeous 3.4" fold-down LCD display in a smaller single-DIN (2" tall) chassis that can fit a wide variety of vehicles. Combine that with DVD/CD playback, Bluetooth®, and a front USB port, and you've got a little receiver with a huge multimedia upside.
Bluetooth means wireless
Bluetooth provides you hands-free calling convenience, plus a wireless connection to the songs stored on your compatible smartphone. Soundstream built in a sensitive built-in Bluetooth microphone for your calls, located on the receiver's faceplate for a simpler installation.
Ready for your video and audio
Soundstream's 3.4" LCD screen makes a great display for system and song info, and you can also use it to view movies and video from DVDs and other sources when your car is parked. If you want to take your show on the road, connect a video screen to the video output on the VR-345B and keep your passengers entertained. The receiver will play any MP4 video that you've loaded onto a USB device or DVD.
When you're in the mood for music, you can slide in just about any disc, even a recordable DVD loaded with music files. The USB port and auxiliary input offer plenty of other ways to check out all your media. Want to add some punch to your soundtracks? This Soundstream includes five EQ presets for quick tone changes, and two sets of preamp outputs for connecting outboard amps.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in internal amp (20 watts RMS/52 peak x 4 channels)
- 3.4" fold-down detachable LCD display
- fits single-DIN dash openings
- remote control
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and music streaming
- plays CDs, DVDs, USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- bass and treble controls with 5 preset EQ curves
- loudness control
- inputs: front USB input (no iPod control), front aux input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: video output, 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VR-345B
What's in the box:
- Single-DIN multimedia receiver (10A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Detachable face-plate
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CR2025 battery installed)
- Self-tapping screw
- Rear stud bolt
- Hex nut
- Lock washer
- Flat washer
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Owner's Manual
- Owner's Registration Card
Soundstream VR-345B reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Soundstream VR-345B
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (front)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||20 watts|
|Peak Output||75 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||Not givenHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||N|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||N|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
3.4" LCD Screen: The Soundstream VR-345B features a 3.4" color LCD screen for display of video & photo files, as well as song/artist information. The brightness of the display can be adjusted in 3-steps (low/mid/high).
Parking Brake Detection: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the pink wire of the included harness must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
Fold-down Detachable Front-Panel: The unit's front-panel must be folded-down to insert/eject a disc or SD card. You can detach the head unit's front-panel to deter theft (no face case is included).
IR Remote: The Soundstream VR-345B includes an IR remote control for wireless operation of the multimedia unit.
Disc Compatibility: The head unit's front-panel must be folded down to insert or eject a disc. The Soundstream VR-345B supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, CD-Audio and CD-R/RW discs. The unit can play back MP3/WMA music files and MP4 video files recorded onto a compatible DVD-R/RW or CD-R/RW disc.
Front-Panel USB Port: The Soundstream VR-345B is fitted with a front-panel USB (type-A) 2.0 port for connection of a USB mass storage class device; such as select digital audio players or thumbdrives. The unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files, MP4 video files, and JPEG photo files stored on a compatible USB MSC device (up to 32GB).
Note: The unit's USB port does not support Apple iOS or Android OS devices.
Built-In Bluetooth: The Soundstream VR-345B is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 4.0 - allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver, as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit.
- Hands-Free Communication (w/ integrated mic): The VR-345B supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's front-panel controls and carry on a phone conversation hands-free. An integrated front-panel microphone carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person. You can make a call by entering a phone number or using the Call History Log of received/dialed/missed calls. This unit does not support voice dial or phonebook transfer.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The Soundstream VR-345B allows you to play back stored music and streamed music from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or audio player. You can control basic music playback functions (Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) from the VVR-345B. Advanced music navigation will still need to be done through your Bluetooth mobile device. This unit does not display song/artist information from connected Bluetooth audio devices. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
- Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the VR-345. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the VR-345B.
- You cannot add an external microphone to this head unit.
AM/FM Tuner: The Soundstream VR-345B is equipped with an AM/FM tuner with manual, preset, seek, and scan tuning. If an analog FM stereo broadcast is hard to receive, you can manually switch the tuner to Mono operation. If an analog FM stereo broadcast is hard to receive, you can manually switch the tuner to Mono operation.
- Preset Stations w/ Preset Scan: The VR-345B lets you store up to 18 FM and 12 AM preset stations. These presets can be stored manually or automatically. You can scan through each preset station for 5 seconds.
- Seek/Scan: The built-in tuner offers both seek and scan tuning. You can manually seek stations or scan through each station for 10 seconds.
Built-In Amplifier + Pre-Outs: The Soundstream VR-345B is equipped with a 20W x 4-channel (RMS)/75W x 4-channel (Peak) MOSFET amplifier. The VR-345B is also outfitted with front & rear 2-volt RCA outputs to connect an external amplifier with fader control.
- Preset EQ: Five EQ curves are preset into memory, allowing you to recall the best preset EQ curve (User, Pop, Classic, Rock, Jazz) for different types of music. The User mode allows you to independently adjust the Bass & Treble.
- Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer lower volumes.
- Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation.
Front-Panel Aux Input: The unit features a front-panel 3.5mm Aux input for connecting a temporary external analog audio source, such as a MP3 player. The Aux input does not support video.
Video Out: A single RCA composite video-output jack allows you to add an external monitor such as rear headrest monitor (sold separately). The video output will display whatever image is being being displayed on the head unit's touchscreen monitor. This includes the warning "Video Is Disabled For Your Safety" when trying to watch video from a DVD or USB without the vehicle's parking brake engaged. You will need to engage the vehicle's parking brake to see video from these sources through the head units' video output.
Rear-View Camera Input: The Camera Input consists of a Composite video RCA jack for connecting an optional rear-view back-up camera (sold separately). This RCA input enables you to connect a rear-view camera to display the area behind your vehicle. The increased view encourages and facilitates safer driving. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (orange wire of harness must be connected to reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.9 seconds.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
28 questions already asked