About the Soundstream AptiX VR-65XB
Control and show off your music
Control and show off your music
Sometimes when I'm cruising down the road, I may really dig a song but not know who it is. Soundstream's VR-65XB DVD receiver solves that problem with a 6.2" sensitive touchscreen display that's big enough to show off all the info – without waiting for a single line display to scroll an artist's name. It's perfect for getting the skinny on your digital music, SiriusXM channels, and wireless music streaming.
A vivid and responsive display
Soundstream AptiX receivers use a glass panel for their SmartSense touchscreens – much more sensitive than inexpensive conductive plastic panels. It improves the sensitivity to your fingers, as well as making the images more vivid for better visibility in your dash.
Get wireless convenience with Bluetooth®
The VR-65XB's built-in Bluetooth means you can stream music from any Bluetooth-equipped device that's paired to the receiver, including music stored on the phone and from Internet radio stations like Pandora® and Spotify®. For hands-free calling clarity from your paired phone, Soundstream also built in a sensitive Bluetooth microphone into the receiver's faceplate for a simpler installation.
Lots of audio and video options
If you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away as you hit the highway, add a SiriusXM tuner to this Soundstream to enjoy satellite radio's deep programming from Daytona Beach to Long Beach. The VR-65XB also includes a sensitive AM/FM tuner to catch all your local stations too.
And when it's time to play your own music, this receiver also offers a DVD/CD player, a rear aux input for a portable music player, and a rear USB port that can handle your music and video files. The display will show video when you're parked, and you can also feed video to optional screens for the backseat crew.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in internal amp (25 watts RMS/75 peak x 4 channels)
- 6.2" SmartSense glass panel touchscreen display
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and music streaming
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices
- bass and treble controls
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input (no iPod/iPhone control), rear A/V input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: rear video output, 5-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, mono subwoofer)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VR-65XB
What's in the box:
- DVD receiver w/ integrated 6.2" LCD touchscreen (10A fuse)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Power/ground harness
- Speaker harness
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 4 ISO-screws Backstrap
- Rear-stud bolt
- Self-tapping screw
- 2 Removal tools
- Owner's Manual
- Owner's Registration Card
Soundstream AptiX VR-65XB reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Soundstream AptiX VR-65XB
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB Memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||25 watts|
|Peak Output||75 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||Not givenHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2.0 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3/WMA|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
6.2" SmartSense Touchscreen: The Soundstream VR-65XB features a 6.2" LCD monitor (800x480) that incorporates SmartSense Glass Panel Touchscreen Technology or superior, flawless interaction. SmartSense uses sophisticated sensors to pinpoint the location of your finger by absorbing the conductivity on the surface of your skin. The crystal-clear glass surface significantly improves the image quality and eliminates blurring. You can adjust the brightness of the LCD touchscreen's backlight.
Note: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the brown wire of the included harness must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
Touch-Sensitive Controls w/ Variable Color Illumination: There are also touch-sensitive controls along the left side of the LCD touchscreen monitor for the most frequently used functions; such as Power On/Off, Source Selection, Volume Up/Down, Mute, & Eject. You can set the unit's button illumination to either Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Aqua, White, or Auto. The Auto setting cycles through each color continuosly.
Remote Control: The Soundstream VR-65XB comes with an IR remote control and offers support for factory steering wheel controls (separate adapter may be required)
- IR Remote: The Soundstream VR-65XB includes a 38-button IR remote control for wireless operation of the DVD receiver.
- Steering Wheel Control Compatible: The VR-65XB offers built-in steering wheel remote compatibility with select Non CAN-bus vehicles from Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Subaru, and Suzuki. We strongly recommend that you purchase the Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Interface (120ASWC1, sold separately) for more reliable steering wheel control compatibility with those cars and a larger variety of other vehicles.
2-DIN Chassis: The VR-65XB has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double-DIN"), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets, or Euro-mounted using the supplied mounting sleeve.
Bluetooth 4.0: The Soundstream VR-65XB features built-in Bluetooth 4.0. With built-in Bluetooth, you can wirelessly connect your Bluetooth capable smartphone to listen to calls through your car's audio system. You can also stream music from a Bluetooth enabled audio player. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles -
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile) & PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile)
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) & AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Pairing: Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the VR-65XB. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Soundstream VR-65XB.
Hands-free Communication (w/ Integrated Mic): The VR-65XB supports wireless hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled smartphone. The VR-65XB allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's integrated front-panel microphone and your car audio speakers. The VR-65XB allows you to answer a call from the head unit's touchscreen monitor. You can make a call from the VR-65XB using the unit's on-screen keypad (0-9), downloaded phonebook, or recently missed/received/dialed calls.
Wireless Music Streaming: The Soundstream VR-65XB also allows you to play back stored music and streamed music from your Bluetooth enabled phone or music player using a Bluetooth connection. You can control (Play/Pause/Skip) the music stored on your Bluetooth audio player from the VR-65XB. This unit does not display song/artist information.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Soundstream VR-65XB is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel List w/ Category Search: The Channel list displays a list of all available channels. You can also search and list channels in specific categories.
- Song/Artist Info: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD.
- Presets: Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets can be saved for quick access.
- Parental Control: Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked. When enabled, The Parental Control feature requires you to enter a 4-digit passcode to tune to the locked channels.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
AM/FM Tuner: The Soundstream VR-65XB is equipped with an AM/FM tuner with manual, preset, and seek tuning. The tuner also features selectable North America and European tuning.
- Presets & Preset Scan: The VR-65XB lets you store up to 18 FM and 12 AM preset stations. These presets can be stored manually or automatically. You can use the Preset Scan function to search and listen to each preset station of the current band for 5 seconds.
- Seek & Local Tuning: The unit's tuner also is equipped with a Seek mode that when used with the Local function, only allows radio stations with a strong local radio signals to be played.
- Stereo & Mono Mode: If an analog FM stereo broadcast is hard to receive, you can manually switch the tuner to Mono operation.
Disc Compatibility: The Soundstream VR-65XB supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, CD-Audio and CD-R/RW discs. The unit can play back MP3 music files and MP4 video files recorded onto a compatible DVD-R/RW or CD-R/RW disc.
- Off Insert/Eject: You can insert or eject a disc with the unit powered off. The unit will automatically power on and start playback when a disc is inserted with the unit off.
- Auto Reload: If the disc is not removed from the disc slot within 10 seconds of being ejected, it will be automatically reloaded to prevent it from being accidentally damaged.
Electronic Skip Protection (ESP): The Soundstream VR-65XB's disc player feature electronic skip protection (10 sec. for CD/120 sec for MP3) for reliable in-vehicle playback.
Rear-Panel USB Port: The Soundstream VR-65XB is fitted with a rear-panel USB (type-A) 2.0 port that is attached to the chassis via a 36" cable. The USB port enables connection of a USB mass storage class device, such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. The unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files, MPEG 1-2/AVI video files, and JPEG photo files stored on a compatible USB MSC device (up to 64GB). USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the receiver's USB port (5V/2A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The unit's USB port is not compatible with direct USB connection of Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad or Android devices.
Playback & Search Functions: The Soundstream VR-65XB offers a variety of playback & search functions, so you can find and enjoy your music in the car.
- File/Folder Search: The head unit provides a list of tracks and folders that you can search through to find the music you want.
- Direct Search: You go directly to a track by entering the track number from the unit's on-screen keypad or included remote control.
- Fast Forward/Rewind: The unit allows you to fast forward or rewind through a track or file.
- Random/Repeat: The head unit offers Random (All/Folder) and Repeat (Track/Folder/All) playback functions.
Song/Artist Information: The DVD receiver's touchscreen monitor will display song/artist information when available.
MOSFET Amp The Soundstream VR-65XB is equipped with a 25W x 4-channel (RMS)/75W x 4-channel (Peak) MOSFET amplifier.
2V/6Ch Pre-Outs: The Soundstream VR-65XB is equipped with six 2.0-volt pre-outs (Front/Rear/Sub). The front and rear channels are fading, while the subwoofer output is non-fading.Sub Control & Low Pass Crossover: The VR-65XB's sub pre-out offers a variable low pass filter (80/120/160Hz) and an independent volume control.
EQ Presets: Five EQ curves are preset into memory, allowing you to recall the best preset EQ curve (Classic, Pop, Rock, Flat or User) for different types of music. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the receiver's Bass & Treble.
Loudness: The Loudness feature enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer lower volumes.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm touchscreen & button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
AV Input: The rear-panel AV input consists of a composite video jack & stereo RCA jacks for connection of a mobile audio/video source.
Video Outputs: The DVD receiver features dual rear-panel composite video outputs for integration of a ceiling-mounted or headrest entertainment system in your vehicle. The video outputs will display whatever video signal (Disc or AV-IN) that is being displayed on the head unit's touchscreen monitor.
Rear-View Camera Input: The Camera Input consists of a Composite video RCA jack for connecting an optional rear-view back-up camera (sold separately). This RCA input enables you to connect a rear-view camera to display the area behind your vehicle. The increased view encourages and facilitates safer driving. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (pink wire of harness must be connected to reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.8 seconds.
Note: The rear view camera feature is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rear-view camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
5 questions already asked