About the Soundstream Reserve VR-7HB
Mirror your Android
Mirror your Android
Step up your in-dash experience with this Soundstream Reserve VR-7HB DVD receiver. The vibrant 7" HD touchscreen display provides an exciting command center for music and video playback, hands-free calling, and mirroring your Android device. With a wired connection to your Android, you'll see and control whatever's on your phone through your VR-7HB' s screen. Soundstream also builds essential hard keys and a volume control knob into this stereo for easy control while you're driving.
Media sources galore
If you love music and talk, this is your stereo. Stream your favorite music and podcasts via Bluetooth or tune in your favorite AM/FM radio stations. Slide in an all-time classic CD when you want to go old-school, or you can load up a USB drive or SD card with hits from your digital library. Use the front auxiliary input to connect a portable player, or the rear video outputs to send video to a backseat screen. And while the parking brake is engaged, you can even watch DVDs.
Expand your system
If you have a more expansive system in mind, use the full set of preamp outputs to connect an amp or powered sub. Plus, Soundstream gives you inputs to incorporate a backup cam and a dash cam for more safety when you're driving.
Note: You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- DVD receiver
- 7" resistive HD glass touchscreen display
- smartphone screen-mirroring via USB for select Android devices
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- 10-band equalizer
- plays MP3, WMA, and MP4 files on USB
- inputs: front A/V input (minijack), front USB input, microSD card slot, backup and front-view cam inputs
- outputs: 5-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub), two rear video outputs
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in internal amp (40 watts RMS/75 peak x 4 channels)
- variable button illumination
- wireless remote
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VR-7HB
What's in the box:
Soundstream Reserve VR-7HB owner's manual
- DVD receiver with integrated 7" touchscreen (15A)
- Wiring harness
- 2 Brackets
- Remote control
- 4 Pan-head ISO screws
- 4 Counter-sunk ISO screws
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty/Registration Card
Soundstream Reserve VR-7HB reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Soundstream Reserve VR-7HB
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (front)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (front)|
|USB Port Power||2A|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||Yes|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, microSD|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||40 watts|
|Peak Output||75 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||1KHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||N/A|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||N/A|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Screen Type||Basic (Resistive)|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC|
Bluetooth & PhoneLink
Audio & Tuner Section
Touchscreen & Remote Control
Bluetooth & PhoneLink
Built-In Bluetooth 4.0: The Soundstream Reserve VR-7HB features built-in Bluetooth 4.0 with support for hands-free communication (HFP) and phonebook access (PBAP), plus wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP). You can pair multiple Bluetooth-enable devices with the Soundstream receiver, but only one device can be connected and used at a time.
- Hands-Free Communication: Thanks to support of Bluetooth's hands-free communication protocol, you'll be able to dial and receive calls from the Soundstream VR-7HB head unit. Incoming call can be simply answered from the head unit's touchscreen or you set it to automatically answering incoming phone calls. You can make calls from the head unit's touchscreen by entering the phone number directly on the receiver' on-screen numeric keypad, selecting from a list of displayed call logs (dialed/received/missed), or using your phone's transferred phonebook. The unit will display caller & contact info. You'll use the head unit's integrated mic or optional external mic (sold separately) to speak into and the other party will be heard through your vehicle's front speakers.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: You'll also be able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled source device to the Soundstream VR-7HB. In addition, you'll have playback control (Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track) from the receiver, as well as song/artist/album information display (no album art) on the VR-7HB. Advanced music browsing and album art will still need to handled from your Bluetooth source device. When there is an incoming phone call, wireless audio streaming will be paused until you end the call and then wireless audio streaming will resume.
- This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles - HFP (Hands Free Profile), PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile), A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), & AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
- A PIN code (0000) is required to pair your Bluetooth-enabled device with the Soundstream Reserve VR-7HB.
Android PhoneLink: The Soundstream VR-7HB includes Android PhoneLink mobile device integration through its front-panel USB port and the AutoLink app for Android OS 5.0+. PhoneLink enables screen mirroring and complete control of select Android (OS 5.0+) smartphones from the receiver's touchscreen. Your compatible Android smartphone will be mirrored to the head unit's larger LCD screen via a simple USB connection. No special cables required; simply use the cable that came with your Android device or purchase an additional cable (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to keep in your vehicle. You'll be able to conveniently launch any application, play your own videos, and enjoy other content from your USB connected Android smartphone through the Soundstream VR-7HB. The Soundstream receiver will mirror either a vertical or horizontal image based on the content or app you are using.
- You'll need to download the AutoLink app from the GooglePlay store and download it to your Android (OS 5.0+) smartphone.
- Your compatible Android smartphone must remain connected to the Soundstream receiver via USB.
- The USB connection used for the PhoneLink will also charge your connected Android smartphone with its 2A amperage rating.
- PhoneLink is not guaranteed to work with all Android (OS 5.0+) smartphones and devices. It is also may not be fully compatible with all Android OS apps. PhoneLink is not compatible with Apple iOS devices.
- The Parking Brake is not required for Android PhoneLink; please follow state laws in regards to watching video in the front of the vehicle; this is against the law in many states.
Disc Compatibility: The Soundstream Reserve VR-7HB supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio and CD-R/RW discs. The unit can play back a variety of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a compatible DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, or CD-R/RW disc. The unit has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier, so you don't have to open or close the monitor every time you want to load a disc.
- Off Insert: A disc can be inserted even the unit is turned off, as long as your vehicle's key is in the start or accessory position. Once a disc is loaded the unit will automatically turn on and begin playback.
- Off Eject: A disc can also be ejected with the unit powered down, as long as your vehicle's key is in the start or accessory position. The unit will remain off.
- Auto Reload: If the ejected disc is not removed within 10 seconds, the disc is automatically inserted again into the loading slot to protect it from dust; playback starts automatically.
Front-Panel microSD Card Slot: The Soundstream VR-7HB is equipped with a front-panel microSD card slot for connection of a compatible microSD memory card (up to 64GB). The microSD card slot allows for playback of a variety audio, video, and photo files stored on your inserted microSD memory card. You'll also be able to control your microSD card's music from the head unit's touchscreen and view song/artist/album information (no album art) on the unit's touchscreen monitor.
Front-Panel USB Port: The Soundstream VR-7HB is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port for connection of a compatible USB MSC (mass storage class) device. The USB port allows for playback of a variety audio, video, and photo files stored on your USB MSC device. You'll also be able to control your USB device's music from the head unit's touchscreen and view song/artist/album information (no album art) on the unit's touchscreen monitor. The USB port can also be used to charge your smartphone or other USB-enabled electronic device with a 2A USB amperage rating.
Compatible Media Files: The Soundstream Reserve VR-7HB supports the following audio, video, and photo files on disc, USB, and microSD. Some files may not play back due to certain limitations.
- Audio Files: Compatible audio files include MP3, WMA, and AAC.
- Video Files: Compatible video files include AVI, MP4, H264, and DivX.
- Photo Files: Compatible photo files include JPEG, GIF, PNG, and BMP.
Note: To prevent the display of video and photos while the vehicle is in motion, the brown wire of the included wiring harness must be connected to your vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. You cannot view video or photos unless your vehicle's parking brake is fully engaged. If you attempt to view video or photos without the parking brake engaged, the unit's LCD touchscreen will simply display a black screen with a warning.
Audio & Tuner Section
40W x 4Ch MOSFET Amplifier: The Soundstream Reserve VR-7HB is equipped with a built-in 40 watts RMS x 4 channel MOSFET amplifier for powering up to two pair of speakers in your vehicle.
5Ch/4V Preouts: The Soundstream VR-7HB is outfitted with 5Ch/4V preouts - including a stereo front preout, stereo rear preout, and mono sub preout. This allows you to connect an additional power amplifier or amplifiers. The front and rear preouts can be faded, while the sub preout is non-fading.
Note: This unit does not offer a low-pass filter or independent subwoofer control for the mono sub preout.
Equalizer: The Soundstream receiver offers 7 EQ Presets and a 10-Band Equalizer. Choose from Standard, Classic, Rock, Pop, Jazz, Electric, or Custom. The Custom mode allows you to manually adjust the unit's 10-Band EQ which consists of 60Hz, 150Hz, 400Hz 1kHz, 1.5kHz, 3kHz, 7kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz, and 20kHz frequencies.
Bass, Treble, & Loudness: You can also simply adjust the unit's Bass & Treble. The Loudness feature enhances high and low frequencies at low volume levels so they be heard better.
AM/FM Tuner: The Soundstream VR-7HB is equipped with an AM/FM tuner with manual, preset, and seek tuning. The VR-7HB lets you store up to 18 FM and 12 AM preset stations. These presets can be stored manually or automatically. The unit's tuner also is equipped with a Seek mode that when used with the Local function, only allows radio stations with a strong local radio signals to be played. In addition, the tuner features selectable North America and European tuning.
Front-Panel AV Input: The Soundstream Reserve VR-7HB features a front-panel 3.5mm audio/video input for connecting a temporary external A/V source, such as a MP3 player or game console.
Dual Video Outputs: Two composite video output jacks allow you to add external monitors, such as rear headrest or overhead monitors (sold separately). Both video outputs will display the same source on your rear monitors that is selected on head unit. Compatible sources include DVD, USB, microSD, AV input, and PhoneLink. The video outputs do not require that your vehicle's parking brake be engaged to see video in the rear of your vehicle.
Note: These are only video outputs; no audio is distributed to your rear entertainment system.
Dual Camera Inputs: The VR-7HB is outfitted with two camera inputs - a rear camera input and a front camera input. Each camera input consists of a composite video RCA jack for connecting either a backup or front camera (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
- Backup Camera Input: When an optional backup camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (pink wire of harness must be connected to reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.5 seconds.
- Front Camera Input: The front camera input has to be selected manually (no auto switching). Once you manually select the front camera input, the front image will display on the head unit's touchscreen monitor.
Note: The camera inputs are meant as back-up aids only; never solely rely on the cameras when driving. In addition to using the cameras, always look around you to make sure everything is clear when maneuvering your vehicle.
Touchscreen & Remote Control
7" Touchscreen Display: The Soundstream Reserve VR-7HB features an HD quality high-resolution 7" TFT-LCD touchscreen monitor. The resistive touchscreen offers pinpoint accuracy, while its industrial-grade glass top-panel provides low reflection. The large format user interface makes menu navigation simple and intuitive. You can select from 5 Display Modes - Standard, Light, Soft, Bright, or Custom. The Custom mode allows you to manually adjust the the touchscreen display monitor's brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, and sharpness levels.
Note: To prevent the display of video while the vehicle is in motion, the brown wire of the included wiring harness must be connected to your vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. You cannot view video unless your vehicle's parking brake is fully engaged. If you attempt to view video without the parking brake engaged, the unit's LCD touchscreen will simply display a black screen with a warning. While your vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the head unit's menu screens/settings, source and metadata information, as well as Android PhoneLink screen mirroring.
Variable Color Button Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen monitor, the VR-7HB features a 3-way rotary knob and hard-key buttons along the left edge of the head unit. The unit offers variable illumination for the rotary knob and buttons. You can select from 7 colors - Green, Dark Blue, Light Blue, Red, Purple, Yellow, or White.
IR Remote: The Soundstream VR-7HB comes with a 33-button IR remote control for full operation of the in-dash DVD receiver. The remote is powered by two "AAA" batteries (not included and sold separately).
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
23 questions already asked