About the Harman Kardon Adapt
Add Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi® to your stereo
The Harman Kardon Adapt lets you add wireless music playback to your existing stereo or home theater system. It can also stream music to Harman Kardon Omni wireless speakers.
Add Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi® to your stereo
If you've got a killer home theater system that's missing wireless music streaming, there's a simple fix: the Harman Kardon Adapt. This compact device adds Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to your existing stereo or home theater setup, so you can stream music wirelessly with your smartphone or tablet. Just connect it to your receiver or amp, plug in the power cord, download the free app, and you'll open up a whole new world of music choices in your home theater.
Music throughout your home
The Adapt isn't just about adding more music to your current system. It can also link up with Harman Kardon's Omni speakers, to create a whole-home music system. Add an Omni 10 to your kitchen so you can keep listening while you grab a snack. Or play a different song in each room.
Easy wireless setup and operation
The Adapt works with your existing home Wi-Fi network, so it's easy to set up in just a few minutes. Once you're connected, you can stream music wirelessly using your smartphone or tablet. Send tunes to your stereo system and to Harman Kardon Omni speakers throughout your home. You can even stream 24-bit/96kHz high-resolution music for better-than-CD sound.
The compact Adapt offers Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity for wireless music listening.
Stream audio from any app with Bluetooth®
In addition to Wi-Fi connectivity, the Adapt offers Bluetooth, which lets you stream audio from any app on your phone or tablet. Any song you can play on your device can be played wirelessly through your stereo using this compact adapter. Have apps for Spotify®, Pandora®, Google Play, and other music services? Stream them all via Bluetooth, with no restrictions. You can even stream from YouTube™ or audio from a video game — there are practically no limits. You can also send that Bluetooth stream to other Harman Kardon Omni speakers and components.
Easy control with your phone or tablet
Your smartphone or tablet isn't just your music source — it's also the remote. Download the free Harman Kardon Controller app to your Apple or Android device. Then, you can choose songs stored on your device, control music playback and volume, and group compatible HK speakers and components together for playing in multiple rooms. The app's colorful, intuitive interface makes multi-room music easy and enjoyable.
Add music to another room... without touching your smartphone
On the top of the Adapt, there's a large button with a slash. That's the "Link" button, and it offers some very cool features. Let's say you're listening to music in the kitchen on an Omni 10 speaker. As you move into the living room, you want the music to follow you. Simply press the Link button on the Adapt, and your stereo system will pick up the same music stream in perfect synchronization. Press and hold the Link button to engage party mode, so the same song plays on your entire Harman Kardon system of products.
Check out more Harman Kardon Omni products
Design your whole-home music system with the Adapt and these other members of the Omni wireless family:
Looking for a compact speaker? Check out the Harman Kardon Omni 10.
Trying to fill a large room with sound? Check out the larger Harman Kardon Omni 20.
- adds wireless music playback to your existing stereo or home theater system
- built-in Wi-Fi allows connection to your wireless home network and wireless communication with other Harman Kardon Omni devices
- Bluetooth connectivity allows you to stream music and audio from any app on your smartphone or tablet
- send Bluetooth streams to a single speaker or multiple speakers from your device
- free Harman Kardon Controller app for Apple and Android devices offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- multi-zone synchronous playback (same music plays in multiple zones simultaneously) or multi-stream playback (music individually selected for each player) for up to six Omni devices on a network
- "Link" button lets you start playing music in a second room or activate "party mode" to stream to all rooms
- easy wireless setup using your smartphone or tablet
- file compatibility for Wi-Fi streaming from a smartphone or tablet: MP3, M4A, AAC, WAV; Android devices can also play FLAC, WMA, and OGG Vorbis
- supports playback of high-resolution digital files (up to 24-bit/96kHz)
- 3.5mm input for connecting a computer, TV, iPod, or other device; music can be streamed to other Omni devices
- 3.5mm output for connection to a receiver or amplifier
- top-panel playback (play/pause) buttons
- AC adapter included
- 4-5/8"W x 1-3/16"H x 3-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires high-speed Internet, Wi-Fi router and an Apple or Android smartphone or tablet
- MFR # HKADAPTBLKAM
What's in the box:
- Wireless HD adapter
- USB/AC power supply
- 4' USB charging cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
Harman Kardon Adapt reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Harman Kardon Adapt
Features & specs
|Wi-Fi Bands||2.4 GHz|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||24-bit|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||96|
|Bose Home Speaker||No|
|Control by app||Apple iOS, Android|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Omni Wireless Adapt: The Harman/Kardon Wireless HD Adapt is part of Harman/Kardon's wireless HD audio system. This wireless adapter is a simple, easy, and fast way to bring wireless audio to your existing home entertainment system that features a free aux input.
Harman/Kardon Wireless HD Audio System: The Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio system is a premium suite of audio products designed to wirelessly fill your home with beautiful, high-definition sound. Start with any combination of the Adapt, Omni 20, or Omni 10 units and expand your system at any time to create seamless multi-room audio using your home wireless network and the Harman/Kardon Controller App.
Built-in WiFi + BlackFire: The Harman/Kardon Adapt and wireless HD audio system features built-in WiFi for a wireless connection to your home's network router. The system's built-in WiFi employs a special BlackFire protocol, which allows it to handle up to 24-bit/96kHz high resolution music files with ease. The Adapt offers a WPS button for simple one-button setup to your wireless network router which also supports WPS. If your router doesn't support WPS, then you can us the Harman/Kardon Controller app on your Apple iOS or Android device to setup a wireless network connection between the H/K wireless HD audio system and your WiFi router.
HD Audio Streaming: Unlike many other wireless streaming systems that only support standard-definition music streaming, the H/K Adapt and wireless HD audio system supports up to 24-bit/96kHz high-definition audio streaming for a superior audio experience; higher resolution than even CD (16-bit/44.1kHz). The H/K wireless HD audio system supports music files such as MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, and WAV.
Variety of Sources: With the H/K wireless HD audio system, you can listen to a wide variety of music sources through the Adapt and other wireless HD audio speakers throughout your home. You'll be able to access music stored on your smartphone or tablet, listen to integrated online music services, stream Bluetooth audio, and connect an aux device.
- Music Library On Your Mobile Device: Using the Harman/Kardon Controller app, you can stream your stored music library on your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad (6.0+) or Android (3.0+) smartphone/tablet to the Adapt and the rest of your H/K wireless HD audio system.
- Integrated Online Music Services: The Adapt and H/K wireless HD audio system offers the following built-in online music services - Deezer (coming soon to US) and MixRadio; more services will be available in the future.
- Bluetooth Music Streaming: The Adapt also offers built-in Bluetooth technology for point-to-point wireless audio streaming of stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled devices; such as your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC, Mac computer, Blackberry, and more. The Adapt can even re-stream the same song being played via Bluetooth to the rest of your Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio system through its WiFi network connection.
- Aux Input: In addition to wireless connectivity, the H/K Adapt offers a 3.5mm auxiliary input for a wired connection of audio devices which feature a headphone jack or analog output. The Adapt can even re-stream the same song being played through the auxiliary input to the rest of your Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio system through its WiFi network connection.
Stereo Minijack Output: The Harman/Kardon wireless HD Adapt features a stereo minijack (3.5mm) output to connect the wireless device to a free aux input on your existing home audio system.
Speaker & Room Setup: The Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio system supports up to six adapters and/or speakers around your home which can be played individually, or linked together.
- Speaker Configuration: You can configure up to six wireless HD components in six different rooms. You can even pair Harman Kardon Adapts together to be used as part of a 2ch stereo or 6ch speaker system with connected powered speakers.
- Group Rooms: You are able to conveniently group multiple H/K wireless HD products and rooms into a single playback zone (group). When you stream music to a zone or group, all speakers and rooms in that zone (group) will play together.
Harman/Kardon Controller App: Download the Harman/Kardon Controller app (from the Apple App Store or GooglePlay Store) onto your Apple iOS (6.0+) or Android (3.0+) device to control the Adapt and the rest of your Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio system from your smartphone or tablet. The H/K Controller app provides an easy-to-use interface for streaming all your music to your system. You'll be able to choose what music is being streamed and where it is being played. From the app, you can stream different songs in each room, group rooms together, or activate Party Mode and play the same track throughout every H/K wireless HD speaker in your home. You'll have access to music stored on your smartphone and built-in music apps with the H/K Controller app. The app will allow you to browse music by artist, song, album, genre, etc.; plus view song and artist information with album art.
Playback Controls + Playlists: Play/Pause functions can be done directly from the wireless HD Adapter's top-panel controls or from the app on your smartphone/tablet device. The H/K Controller app also lets you skip to beginning of the next song. You can even create your own playlist from your mobile device's music library for each Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio Adapt & speaker in your system setup using the H/K Controller app on your smartphone or tablet.
Link Button & Party Mode: The Link button on the top of every Harman/Kardon wireless HD adapter lets you take your music from room to room with a single touch. Say you're listening through the Adapt in one room and you walk into another room with another Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio speaker or adapter. Just press the Link button on top of the unit and your music follows you from room to room. And if you want to fill your entire home with sound, just press and hold the Link button to activate "Party Mode" to play the same song through every Harman/Kardon wireless HD speaker & adapter throughout your home. These same functions can also be done through the H/K Controller app on your smartphone or tablet.
Table-Top Mounting: The H/K Adapt is designed to be placed on a flat surface; such as a table, desk, shelf, or piece of AV furniture.
AC Power + Auto Standby: The H/K Adapt has been designed for use with 100-240 volt, 50/60 Hz AC current, using the included USB/AC power adapter. To conserve electricity, the Adapt will automatically enter Standby mode after approximately 10 minutes, if no audio is playing and no buttons are pressed.
5 questions already asked