About the Harman Kardon BTA 10
Meet Jeff Miller
In danger of being trapped under the growing pile of headphones on my desk.
How did I earn the nickname "headphone guy" here at Crutchfield? Through extensive training, research, and good old-fashioned hands-on experience. I've spent thousands of hours listening to different models, and thousands more writing about them. My other areas of expertise include voice control, streaming audio and video, and power protection.
My love of headphones started back when I was in elementary school, and my parents gave me a Walkman. I still love the intimate, wonderfully detailed sound you can get from the right headphone setup.
I spent the first eight years of my Crutchfield career in our customer support department. Listening to thousands of customer stories gave me real-world insights into what makes people happy.
- Started at Crutchfield in 2006
- Completed our thorough in-house Advisor training, learning the details of every type of product we sell
- Attends dozens of vendor training events each year
- Travels to industry events like CanJam NYC and the Capital AudioFest
- Interviewed some of the headphone industry's most accomplished engineers and product designers
- Authored dozens of Crutchfield articles and hundreds of product presentations
Jeff's passion for headphones and his commitment to hands-on experience exemplify Crutchfield's mission to exceed our customers' expectations by providing an abundance of helpful information.
More from Jeff Miller
Play music from your phone through your stereo
Do you have a great sounding home theater receiver, powered speaker, or iPod® dock that lacks the ability to play music wirelessly? Simply plug the Harman Kardon BTA 10 into any powered speaker or system with either a minijack or stereo RCA input and add Bluetooth capability. The compact BTA 10 can be hidden away while still letting you stream music wirelessly from your Bluetooth-enabled phone, tablet, or computer to your existing audio setup.
- allows wireless music playback from Bluetooth-compatible smartphones, tablets, music players, and computers
- HARMAN TrueStream™ technology ensures high-fidelity sound over Bluetooth
- range: 33 feet
- LED indicator lets you know when adapter is searching and successfully paired with your Bluetooth device
- 59" mini-to-RCA adapter cable included
- 59" stereo mini-to-mini cable included
- 2"W x 2"H x 5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BTA10
What's in the box:
- Add-on Bluetooth receiver
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 59" DC cord)
- Two-prong AC plug
- 59" Stereo minijack cable
- 59" Stereo minijack-to-RCA cable
- Quick Setup Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
This was extremely easy to setup. The sound quality is great. We have built in speakers in our great room and we were blown away by the sound. We have a top of the line older Yamaha receiver and it just paired with it so easily. I would highly recommend this product.
Les from Bluffton, SC
Does it allow bluetooth headphones to connect to a non bluetooth enabled receiver via the headphone port?
Yes, just think of it as an "aux" input source you're giving your receiver. Send to speakers, or turn speakers off and listen to headphones.
Harman Kardon BTA 10 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
Thank you for submitting your review!
It may take up to a week for your review to appear.
Filter by rating
More details on the Harman Kardon BTA 10
Add-on Bluetooth receiver: The Harman/Kardon BTA10 external Bluetooth receiver lets you add Bluetooth wireless audio streaming to your existing home entertainment system. Your system simply needs a free auxiliary or audio input. Now you'll be able to wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled device to your home audio system.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Harman/Kardon BTA10 features Bluetooth A2DP technology, which allows you to wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled device to your home entertainment system. You'll be able to stream stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled device to your home stereo system. Compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices include Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablets,Windows PC, Mac computers, and more. You will continue to control your music and view song/artist information from your Bluetooth-enabled device. You can pair up to 8 Bluetooth source devices, but only can be connected and used for playback at a time.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the H/K BTA10.
Harman TrueStream Technology: Harman TrueStream is H/K's guarantee that you will experience the best possible listening experience when streaming wirelessly via Bluetooth technology. Because there are many connectivity options when it comes to Bluetooth technology, Harman/Kardon engineers always use the most current and most advanced method. This process ensures the highest quality sound no matter the application or source device.
Analog Audio Output: The Harman/Kardon BTA10 Bluetooth receiver is fitted with a single stereo minijack (3.5mm) output which allows it to connect to your home AV receiver's auxiliary or audio input. A 59" stereo minijack cable and a 59" stereo minijack-to-RCA cable are provided.
AC Power Adapter: The Harman/Kardon BTA10 operates off of standard household current using the supplied external AC power supply (input: 100-240V; output: 5.0V/400mA).
The Harman Kardon BTA 10 replaces these items
- adds wireless music playback to your existing stereo or home theater system
- built-in Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® let you play music wirelessly from smartphones and tablets
- free Harman Kardon Controller app for Apple® and Android™ offers easy Wi-Fi® control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
79 questions already asked