About the Harman Kardon Citation Towers
Smart and striking
Smart and striking
Harman Kardon's Citation Towers are looking to make a statement in your home. Designed with the music lover in mind, they deliver crisp highs and deep bass (there's an 8" sub in each speaker). But their impact won't just be audible — standing nearly four feet tall, with premium touches like blended wool Kvadrat fabric, this striking pair is sure to get some double-takes before they even play a note.
And, of course, there's also the built-in Google Assistant. That means whether you want to play your favorite Spotify® playlist or just shuffle all your Pandora® stations, all you have to do is ask.
When you have the Towers, the Bar operates as a center channel speaker in an all-Citation wireless surround sound system.
“Hey Google, dim the lights”
Google Assistant can help you with more than music. Plan your day with weather and traffic updates. Create a shopping list, set reminders or alarms, and control connected smart home devices like lights and thermostats — all with your voice.
Not into voice control? Not a problem.
The Towers have Bluetooth® and Chromecast built-in, so you can wirelessly stream your favorite audio content right from your mobile device.
The primary speaker also has a full-color LCD touchscreen on the top panel for accessing presets and controlling music playback.
Wireless home theater
Want to go beyond two-channel audio? Good news — your towers can be the start of a robust home theater system. Just add the Citation Bar — it configures itself as a center channel when the towers are present.
Your favorite music in every room
These tower speakers can be the centerpiece of your wireless whole-home audio system. Harman Kardon's Citation line offers an option for every room in the house. Pick up a compact ONE or 100 for the den or bedroom. Want a bigger speaker for the kitchen/dining room? Try the 300 or the 500. Or better yet — get two of the same speaker to create a stereo pair.
- each speaker has one 1" tweeter, two 4" woofers, and one 8" subwoofer driven by a 200-watt amplifier
- premium blended wool wrap on the enclosure is dirt-repellent and flame-retardant
- primary (right) speaker:
- top panel includes two microphones, volume controls, and full-color LCD touchscreen with preset options, playback controls, mic mute/unmute
- multi-color LEDs on front indicate current state of microphone
- secondary (left) speaker has top panel with sleek matte finish
- Google Assistant voice control built-in
- control music playback
- select which smart speakers or sound bars to play
- volume, play, pause, skip and repeat functions
- access weather reports, create calendar reminders, generate to-do lists, issue smart home commands, and more
- Google Home app
- set up and control your Citation speaker with this free download from Apple App Store® and Google Play
- support for online music services, including Spotify, Pandora, Deezer, TuneIn, and Google Play (subscriptions required for some services)
- expand your multi-room system with additional Chromecast-enabled speakers
- play the same song through multiple speakers or different songs in different rooms
- build a home theater with other Citation speakers (sold separately):
- Chromecast built-in for wireless music streaming over your Wi-Fi® network
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream directly from compatible devices
- supported file formats: AAC, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, WAV, FLAC, and Opus
- requires AC power
- 13-11/16"W x 45-11/16"H x 13-11/16"D
- weight: 42 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HKCITATIONTWRGRYAM
What's in the box:
- Voice-activated wireless audio floorstanding speaker (Primary)
- Wireless audio speaker floorstanding speaker (Secondary)
- Two 6' AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Harman Kardon Citation Towers reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Harman Kardon Citation Towers
Features & specs
|Wi-Fi Bands||2.4, 5 GHz|
|Tweeter Size (Inches)||1.0|
|Tweeter Material||Not given|
|Midrange Size (Inches)||4|
|Woofer Size (Inches)||8|
|Woofer Type||Not given|
|Watts RMS (Continuous)||200|
|Watts Maximum (Peak)|
|Frequency Response||Not given|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||24-bit|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||96 kHz|
|Bose Home Speaker||No|
|Control by app||N/A|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Citation Series: The Citation Tower is part of the Harman/Kardon Citation series of WiFi & Bluetooth enabled audio speakers with Chromecast built-in, allowing you to create a whole-house multiroom audio system. The Citation speaker lineup consists of various speaker options to meet practically every listening need - including multiple countertop speaker options, a pair of tower speakers, surround speakers, soundbars, and a powered subwoofer (all sold separately).
Citation Tower: The Harman Kardon Citation Tower is a smart floorstanding speaker that fits in practically any space and fills your room with powerful sound. Easy to use, the Citation Tower blends innovation in home audio with attention to detail in design, allowing for sophisticated looks and amazing sound. It offers room-filling sound and access to over 300 music services and high-definition streaming through Chromecast built-in. The built-in Google Assistant brings convenient voice control to your Citation Tower for hands-free help around the home.
Premium Stereo Sound: For over 65 years Harman/Kardon has been dedicated to delivering a luxurious audio experience that allows you to feel the music and immerse yourself in the moment. Each Citation Tower floorstanding loudspeaker houses a 1" tweeter, dual 4" midrange drivers, and a 8" subwoofer powered by a built-in 200 watt amplifier that delivers dynamic room-filling stereo sound. There is also a rear-firing port on each floorstanding loudspeaker for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. The Citation Tower combines its luxurious audio with a sophisticated and beautiful design. Its premium blended wool fabric, made by Kvadrat, is dirt repellent and flame retardant.
Optional Wireless Surround Sound: Get the full home theater experience by adding the optional Citation wireless powered subwoofer and optional Citation wireless rear speakers (all sold separately) to the Citation Tower for 4.1-channel surround sound.
WiFi Certified: To enjoy Chromecast built-in music apps and voice control via the Google Assistant, you will need to connect the Harman/Kardon Citation Tower to your wireless home network. The Citation Tower is equipped with dual-band (2.4GHz/5GHz) WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) for a high-performance wireless network connection. The speaker is not equipped with an Ethernet jack for a wired network connection.
Google Home App: Use the Google Home app (for Apple iOS 10.+ and Android OS 4.4+) to connect the Harman/Kardon Citation Tower speaker to your home's wireless WiFi network, as well as setup the Google Assistant and Chromecast built-in from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. You can also configure compatible apps within the Google Home App, plus adjust other various settings.
Chromecast built-in: Thanks to Chromecast built-in you have access to 300 online music streaming services, internet radio, and podcasts. Chromecast built-in streams audio directly from the cloud, so you get the 24-bit/96kHz sound quality and the ability to enjoy crystal clear sound exactly the way the artist intended. Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast built-in compatible music app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device to start streaming to the Citation Tower speaker. You can search, browse, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the music apps you know and love on your compatible smartphone or tablet. Chromecast built-in supports FLAC, WAV, AAC, and MP3 music files. While you cast your music, you can still use your phone to answer a phone call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room - all without interrupting what's playing on the Citation Tower speaker.
- Music, Radio, & Podcasts: Chromecast built-in lets you play music from popular music services and search by artist, song, genre, album playlist, mood, or activity. You can also listen to your favorite internet radio stations and podcasts. Compatible music and internet radio apps include Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, GooglePlay Music, iHeart Radio, and more (subscriptions and fees will apply). You'll also be able to stream your favorite music, playlists, podcasts, and more that are stored on your Android (OS 4.4.2+) device to the Citation Tower speaker. You cannot stream stored content on an Apple iOS device using Chromecast built-in. If you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome web browser to the speaker.
- Multiroom Audio: The Citation Tower delivers multiroom audio capability by adding additional Harman/Kardon Citation and Chromecast built-in speakers (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to create a whole house audio experience. You can play the same Chromecast built-in compatible music app (like Tidal, Spotify, or Pandora) on all speakers or groups of speakers in different rooms of your home. You'll be able control the multiroom audio system from the Google Home app on your Apple iOS or Android device, or using the built-in Google Assistant and your voice.
Note: Chromecast built-in currently supports a single account per user (up to 6) and streaming service. Click here for a complete list of Chromecast built-in compatible apps.
Dual Microphone Array w/ Google Assistant: An integrated dual microphone array (on top of the "Primary" speaker) and the built-in Google Assistant brings convenient voice control to the Citation Tower. Use the Google Assistant and your voice to access Chromecast built-in music apps and then select a specific station or song to wirelessly stream to the Citation Tower speaker. You'll also have voice control over Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume. In addition, use you'll be able to use your voice to control Google Home compatible smart home products like lights, cameras, thermostats, locks, and more. You can even use the Google Assistant to get weather updates, new reports, sports scores, calendar dates and more. The Google Assistant has the ability to recognize up to six different users. So when you ask the Google Assistant for help, it can distinguish your voice from your spouse or kids, and you'll be able to hear your own personal playlists, your own commute time, your own schedule and more.
- Smart Home Automation: The Citation Tower with Google Assistant lets you control devices around your home from Google Home compatible smart home automation partners - like Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Belkin Wemo, Nest, Honeywell, and more. You can even create your own voice commands for the Google Assistant on your Apple iOS or Android device using IFTTT (If This, Then That).
- News, Weather & Sports: With the built-in Google Assistant, you can ask about top headlines, get the latest on a certain category of news (like world, weather, business, tech, etc.), or ask about a specific news item. With Google Assistant, you can even stay up-to-date on your favorite sports, teams, and games using just your voice.
- Manage Tasks & Plan Your Day: Ask the Citation Tower with Google Assistant about your day and hear the information you need without going online or opening your Google Calendar. Also, use voice commands to set alarms and timers for things you need to do.
- Get Answers: The Citation Tower's built-in Google Assistant helps you find answers for many of your daily questions through the Google search engine - including calculations, translations, unit conversions, nutrition, dictionary, finances, facts, and more.
Note: For additional security and privacy, the Citation Tower's microphones can be switched off. Multi-color LED indicators show the current state of these microphones. Click here for Google Home's FAQ site.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: In addition to support for Chromecast built-in the Citation Tower offers built-in Bluetooth 4.2 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP). You can stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your Bluetooth source device (such as your smartphone, tablet, or computer) to the Citation Tower. You'll also be able to operate Play & Pause functions from the speaker's top-panel controls. Multiple devices can be paired with the speaker, but only one device can be used to stream music at a time. Once paired, the unit will automatically re-connect with paired devices when in wireless range (up to 33').
Note: The Citation Tower does not support Bluetooth hands-free phone communication (HFP) for making or answering phone calls. Bluetooth audio cannot be controlled via the Google Assistant and your voice.
Color Touchscreen Display: Get complementary song/artist information (including album art) from your audio content or control your music with your fingertips using the Citation Tower's intuitive touch-panel color display located on top of the "Primary" speaker.
AC Power w/ Auto Standby: The Harman/Kardon Citation Tower comes with two 6' detachable AC power cords which plugs into the back of each speaker and into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately). The speaker will enter into Standby mode after 20 minutes without operation, after which it can be re-activated via Bluetooth or WiFi.
Note: The Citation Tower is not battery powered.
Automatic Firmware Updates: Automatic firmware updates will be handled through the Google Home app (for Apple iOS and Android OS) over a WiFi network connection.