About the Harman Kardon DPR 1001
Leave it to Harman Kardon to develop a groundbreaking full digital path receiver. The DPR 1001 takes you boldly forward into the future of A/V entertainment audio signals from DVDs and CDs remain in the digital domain from disc to digital amplifier! With no A/D and D/A conversion in the interim, extremely rigorous standards of signal purity are maintained, for an ultra-faithful re-creation of the cinematic or musical experience in your living room.
Best of all, you don't sacrifice an iota of home theater versatility or convenience in exchange for this innovative design. You get a full arsenal of surround decoding, including Dolby® Digital EX, DTS-ES® and Pro Logic II. H/K's Logic 7 Cinema and Music modes let you transform any stereo or Dolby Surround source into convincing 7.1-channel sound. Dual-room/dual-source capability lets you enjoy 5.1 surround sound in your main listening room, while simultaneously powering a pair of speakers in another room, so a housemate can enjoy a different stereo audio source! A separate remote is included for second-room use.
This receiver's all-digital amplifier section drives your home theater with 50 full-bandwidth-rated watts x 7 channels of ultra-clean power. While 50 watts per channel might pale on paper next to the power ratings of conventional receivers, once you hear the DPR 1001 in action, you'll be blown away by the purity and precision its all-digital design makes possible.
For precise control over your sound you get exclusive H/K technologies like the Triple X-Over system. This lets you set individual crossover points for each of three sets of speakers: front L/R, center channel, and surrounds (side L/R and back L/R). You can even assign unique Triple X-Over settings to each input source. The DPR 1001's multichannel digital bass manager, another H/K first, digitizes the direct analog input from an SACD or DVD-Audio player. This lets you apply Triple X-Over settings to these high-resolution signals, protecting your smaller speakers from potentially damaging low frequencies, and redirecting these room-shaking lows to your subwoofer. Two great features for anyone who's surround speaker system doesn't consist of 5 to 7 identical speakers!
The DPR 1001 features MP3 decoding for use with H/K's DAL 150 or other components that can send an MP3 bitstream through an optical or coaxial digital connection. Its back panel offers plenty of inputs and outputs for connecting all your sources, including HDTV-compatible component video switching for 2 sources. For easy connectivity with camcorders and portable audio devices, the front panel offers a switchable A/V input/output (with S-video), a switchable coaxial digital input/output, and an optical input.
The learning/multibrand EzSet remote features a built-in SPL sensor that lets it automatically balance the levels of your home theater speakers for optimum sound at your favorite seat. It also offers programmable macros and an LCD for handy control of your entire A/V system. And check out the DPR 1001's unique, handsomely sleek black and silver exterior!
- PWM digital amplifiers
- full digital path from input to amplifier
- 50 x 7 into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.15% THD
- Dolby Digital EX, DTS-ES, and Pro Logic II decoding
- DTS Neo:6 modes
- 5.1 and 7.1-channel Logic 7 Cinema and Music modes
- learning/multibrand EzSet LCD remote with macros
- dual-room/dual-source output (speaker-level stereo audio output for 2nd room)
- separate A/V remote for 2nd room
- Triple X-Over system
- multichannel digital bass management
- MP3 decoding (for use with gear that can send MP3 via an optical or coax digital connection)
- 192kHz/24-bit DACs
- 7.1-channel input
- 7.1-channel preamp out
- component video switching: 2 in, 1 out (30MHz bandwidth)
- front-panel A/V with S-video input/output (switchable)
- front-panel digital jacks: 1 optical in, 1 coaxial input/output (switchable)
- back-panel digital inputs: 2 optical, 2 coaxial
- back-panel digital outputs: 1 optical, 1 coaxial
- 2 audio, 5 A/V (including 5 S-video and 1 front-panel) inputs
- on-screen display (requires TV with direct video input)
- no phono input
- 30 AM/FM presets
- 1 set of main speaker outputs
- 17-3/4"W x 4-3/4"H x 20-1/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
Harman Kardon DPR 1001 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Harman Kardon DPR 1001
Features & specs