About the Harman Kardon Esquire
Elegant and practical
Elegant and practical
The Harman Kardon Esquire makes a smart travel companion for the business traveler – or anyone who wants a portable Bluetooth speaker that looks a little grown up. The system features an attractive leather panel over an aluminum enclosure for a handsome appearance. And the Esquire sounds as good as it looks. Two high-performance drivers provide clear, detailed sound with a passive bass port to reinforce the low frequencies.
Quick pairing with NFC
The system uses Bluetooth and has NFC (Near Field Communication) built-in. Just swipe your NFC-compatible smartphone or tablet close to the Esquire to pair and start streaming music right away. You can also pair the Esquire with other Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as a portable game console or laptop computer.
Further evidence that the Esquire was made for the business traveler: inside are two noise-canceling microphones. When the system's upright, a single microphone is activated when a call comes in on your paired smartphone. When the Esquire's laid flat on a table, both microphones are activated, making it an effective speakerphone hub — ideal for meetings.
Built to travel
The built-in rechargeable battery provides up to 8 hours of continuous operation. The USB wall adapter has three USB ports, so you can recharge your Esquire plus two additional portable devices from a single wall socket — a welcome feature in a hotel room! The system comes with a durable carry pouch which holds the Esquire, its charging cable and wall adapter.
- built-in Bluetooth with NFC (Near Field Communication)
- two full-range drivers with passive bass radiator
- 20 watts total system power (10 watts x 2)
- dual built-in noise-canceling microphones for hands-free wireless speakerphone operation
- stereo minijack input for portable devices
- leather-paneled aluminum enclosure
- AC power adapter with 3 USB ports to charge additional portables
- USB charging cable
- carrying pouch
- built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery lasts up to 8 hours
- 5-13/16"W x 5-13/16"H x 1-13/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HKESQUIREBLKAM
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- AC power adapter/charger
- European AC plug insert
- 41" USB charging cable (w/ a male USB type-A connector on one end and a male microUSB type-B connector on other end)
- Carrying case
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
Harman Kardon Esquire reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Harman Kardon Esquire
Built-in Bluetooth: The Harman/Kardon Esquire powered speaker offers built-in Bluetooth technology for wireless audio streaming and hands-free communication from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile device; such as your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, or laptop/computer.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The Harman/Kardon Esquire supports Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP which allows you to wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc.. You'll be able to stream stored music or music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled device. You'll also be able to control basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled mobile device for advance music navigation and to view song/artist information.
- Hands-Free Communication: The H/K Esquire features dual custom-tuned microphones and noise cancellation technology for clear conference calls. You will carry on your side of the conversation through the dual-microphone system, while the other party is heard through the Esquire's two-way speakers. Whether conferencing with one person or with a group, the Esquire delivers quality sound and reliable connection from phone calls, Skype, Facetime, and more. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled mobile device to view video calls, dial a phone number, and control advanced phone functions.
Simple Pairing w/ NFC: A single button press pairs your Bluetooth-enabled device with the Harman/Kardon Esquire. The speaker also supports NFC (Near-Field Communication) technology for pairing. Simply tap your NFC-enabled Android smartphone to the NFC tag on the top of the speaker for instant pairing with the Esquire; NFC is only available in select Android smartphones. Once paired, the Esquire will automatically re-connect to the last device used when in wireless range (30').
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the H/K Esquire.
Two-Way Speaker Design: The Harman/Kardon Esquire employs a two-way speaker system with a built-in 10W x 2Ch amplifier and bass port. The Esquire delivers clear highs, bright midrange clarity, and low bass frequencies for a well-balanced soundstage.
Quality Construction: This durable, portable speaker features aluminum construction, leather back-panel, and a patented grill design. Available in a black, white, and brown finish.
Aux Input: The H/K Esquire is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input to connect virtually any portable audio device with a headphone output.
Rechargeable Battery: The Esquire's built-in rechargeable Lithium-Polymer battery provides up to 10 hours of music and/or conference-calling time. You can also plug the Bluetooth speaker into an AC wall outlet with the included AC power/USB charging adapter. The unit will operate on battery power unless AC power is utilized. The unit's battery is recharged while its connected to AC power (charging time is approximately 5 hours).
AC Power/USB Charging Adapter: The Esquire features a microUSB (type-B) port and includes an AC Power adapter with three USB (type-A) charging ports. The Esquire connects to one of these ports with the included 41" microUSB-to-USB cable. The other two USB charging ports can be used to connect your smartphone and/or tablet device in order to charge their battery.
Carrying Case: The H/K Esquire includes a carrying case that will keep the unit and its accessories safe as you travel or store it away.