About the Harman Kardon Omni 20
Don't confine your music to a single room
The Harman Kardon Omni 20 offers easy music streaming and clear, powerful sound in a compact wireless speaker (shown in Black).
Don't confine your music to a single room
You can fill a good-sized room with music using the Harman Kardon Omni 20 speaker. But why stop at just a single room? Add more Omni 20 speakers or other Harman Kardon wireless products to create a whole-home music system. The best part? It works over Wi-Fi. That means it's easy to control with a smartphone and doesn't require any more installation than plugging in the power cord. In minutes, you can stream your choice of music to this impressive wireless speaker.
Detailed, room-filling sound
The Omni 20 is all about getting more music into more rooms. It's also about detailed sound that packs a powerful punch, as we found out when this speaker first wowed us in a listening session. The Omni 20 offers up lots of clear detail, deep bass, and robust output. We also love that it can play high-resolution music up to 24-bit/96kHz. Need to fill a really big room? Get two and set them up to play as a stereo pair.
Easy wireless setup and operation
The Omni 20 uses your existing home Wi-Fi® network, so it's easy to set up in just a few minutes. Once you're connected, you can stream music wirelessly using your smartphone or tablet. Send tunes to a single speaker or multiple speakers throughout your home over Wi-Fi.
Press the Omni 20's "Link" button and it comes alive with music, so your tunes follow you from room to room (shown in Black).
Stream audio from any app with Bluetooth®
While most wireless music systems rely solely on Wi-Fi for music streaming, the Omni 20 takes things a big step further. It has Bluetooth on board, which lets you stream audio from any app on your phone or tablet. Any song you can play on your device can be played wirelessly through this speaker. Have apps for Spotify®, Pandora®, Google Play, and other music services? Stream them all via Bluetooth, with no restrictions. You can even stream from YouTube™ or audio from a video game — there are practically no limits. You can also send that Bluetooth stream to other Harman Kardon Omni speakers and components.
Easy control with your phone or tablet
Your smartphone or tablet isn't just your music source — it's also the remote. Download the free Harman Kardon Controller app to your Apple or Android device. Then you can choose songs stored on your device, control music playback and volume, and group speakers together for playing over multiple Omni devices in different rooms. The app's colorful, intuitive interface makes multi-room music easy and enjoyable.
Add music to another room... without touching your smartphone
On the top of the Omni 20, there's a large button with a slash. That's the "Link" button, and it offers some very cool features. Let's say you're listening to music in the kitchen on an Omni 20 speaker. As you move into the living room, you want the music to follow you. Simply walk up to your other Omni 20 speaker, press the Link button, and the speaker will start playing the same music currently playing in the kitchen in perfect synchronization. Press and hold the Link button, and every Omni speaker in your home will come to life with that song.
Check out more Harman Kardon Omni products
Design your whole-home music system with the Omni 20 and these other members of the Omni family:
Looking for a more compact speaker? Check out the Harman Kardon Omni 10.
Want to add Omni functionality to your existing stereo or home theater system? Check out the Harman Kardon Omni Adapt.
- 4 built-in speakers; two 3/4" tweeters and two 3" woofers powered by dedicated 15-watt amplifiers
- 6" x 3" rear-firing passive bass radiator improves low-frequency response
- built-in Wi-Fi allows connection to your wireless home network and wireless communication with other Harman Kardon Omni devices
- Bluetooth connectivity allows you to stream music and audio from any app on your smartphone or tablet
- send Bluetooth streams to a single speaker or multiple speakers from your device
- free Harman Kardon Controller app for Apple and Android devices offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- multi-zone synchronous playback (same music plays in multiple zones simultaneously) or multi-stream playback (music individually selected for each player) for up to six Omni devices on a network
- "Link" button lets you start playing music in a second room or activate "party mode" to stream to all rooms
- easy wireless setup using your smartphone or tablet
- file compatibility for Wi-Fi streaming from a smartphone or tablet: MP3, M4A, AAC, WAV; Android devices can also play FLAC, WMA, and OGG Vorbis
- supports playback of high-resolution digital files (up to 24-bit/96kHz)
- 3.5mm input for connecting an iPod or other portable music player; music can be streamed to other Omni devices
- configure two Omni 20 speakers for stereo playback
- top-panel volume and playback (play/pause) buttons
- threaded inserts for installing on compatible wall-mounts and stands
- AC adapter included
- frequency response: 53-20,000 Hz
- 10-1/4"W x 6-1/2"H x 6-5/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires high-speed Internet, Wi-Fi router and an Apple or Android smartphone or tablet
- MFR # HKOMNI20BLKAM
What's in the box:
- Wireless loudspeaker
- 6' AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
More details on the Harman Kardon Omni 20
Omni 20 Wireless Loudspeaker: The Harman/Kardon Omni 20 wireless loudspeaker is part of Harman/Kardon's wireless HD audio system. The Omni 20 offers built-in Bluetooth & WiFi technology so you can wirelessly stream your music to the speaker and the rest of your Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio system. You can control your streamed music from your smartphone or tablet with the Harman Kardon Controller App (available for Apple iOS and Android).
Harman/Kardon Wireless HD Audio System: The Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio system is a premium suite of audio products designed to wirelessly fill your home with beautiful, high-definition sound. Start with any combination of the Omni 20, Omni 10, or Adapt units and expand your system at any time to create seamless multi-room audio using your home wireless network and the Harman/Kardon Controller App.
Two-Way Stereo Speaker/Passive Radiator Design: The Harman/Kardon Omni 20 wireless loudspeaker features a two-way stereo driver design with two 0.75" tweeters and two 3" midrange/midbass woofers. Each driver is powered by its own discrete 15W amplifier for a total system power of 60 watts. In addition, the Omini 20 speaker utilizes a rear-firing 6"x3" oval passive radiator for bigger bass response from a compact speaker. The Omni 20 offers a frequency response of 53Hz to 20kHz. It fills your room with crisp stereo sound thanks to Harman's expertise in audio technology. The Omni 20 speaker is designed to fill medium to large sized rooms with stereo sound from a single speaker.
Built-in WiFi + BlackFire: The Omni 20 wireless loudspeaker and the Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio system features built-in WiFi for a wireless connection to your home's network router. The system's built-in WiFi employs a special BlackFire protocol, which allows it to handle up to 24-bit/96kHz high resolution music files with ease. The Omni 20 offers a WPS button for simple one-button setup to your wireless network router which also supports WPS. If your router doesn't support WPS, then you can us the Harman/Kardon Controller app on your Apple iOS or Android device to setup a wireless network connection between the H/K wireless HD audio system and your WiFi router.
HD Audio Streaming: Unlike many other wireless streaming systems that only support standard-definition music streaming, the H/K Omni 20 and H/K wireless HD audio system supports up to 24-bit/96kHz high-definition audio streaming for a superior audio experience; higher resolution than even CD (16-bit/44.1kHz). The H/K wireless HD audio system supports music files such as MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, and WAV.
Variety of Sources: With the H/K wireless HD audio system, you can listen to a wide variety of music sources on the Omni 20 wireless loudspeaker and other wireless HD audio speakers throughout your home. You'll be able to access music stored on your smartphone or tablet, listen to integrated online music services, stream Bluetooth audio, and connect an aux device.
- Music Library On Your Mobile Device: Using the Harman/Kardon Controller app, you can stream your stored music library on your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad (6.0+) or Android (3.0+) smartphone/tablet to the Omni 20 speaker and the rest of your H/K wireless HD audio system.
- Integrated Online Music Services: The Omni 20 wireless speaker and H/K wireless HD audio system offers the following built-in online music services - Deezer (coming soon to US) and MixRadio; more services will be available in the future.
- Bluetooth Music Streaming: The Omni 20 wireless speaker also offers built-in Bluetooth technology for point-to-point wireless audio streaming of stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled devices; such as your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC, Mac computer, Blackberry, and more. The Omni 20 can even re-stream the same song being played via Bluetooth to the rest of your Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio system through its WiFi network connection.
- Aux Input: In addition to wireless connectivity, the Omni 20 speaker offers a 3.5mm auxiliary input for a wired connection of audio devices which feature a headphone jack or analog output. The Omni 20 can even re-stream the same song being played through the auxiliary input to the rest of your Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio system through its WiFi network connection.
Speaker & Room Setup: The Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio system supports up to six speakers around your home which can be played individually, or linked together.
- Speaker Configuration: You can configure up to six speakers in six different rooms or you can place two Omni 20 speakers together in the same room and link them together for 2-channel stereo sound. You can even link as many as six speakers in one room for 6-channel stereo. Future software and firmware updates will support more multi-channel configurations like 5.1ch surround sound.
- Group Rooms: You are able to conveniently group multiple speakers and rooms into a single playback zone (group). When you stream music to a zone or group, all speakers and rooms in that zone (group) will play together.
Harman/Kardon Controller App: Download the Harman/Kardon Controller app (from the Apple App Store or GooglePlay Store) onto your Apple iOS (6.0+) or Android (3.0+) device to control the Omni 20 speaker and your Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio system from your smartphone or tablet. The H/K Controller app provides an easy-to-use interface for streaming all your music to your system. You'll be able to choose what music is being streamed and where it is being played. From the app, you can stream different songs in each room, group rooms together, or activate Party Mode and play the same track throughout every speaker in your home. You'll have access to music stored on your smartphone and built-in music apps with the H/K Controller app. The app will allow you to browse music by artist, song, album, genre, etc.; plus view song and artist information with album art.
Volume & Playback Controls: There are two ways to control the volume on the Omni 20 speaker system. The first can be done by directly controlling the volume from the speaker's top-panel controls. The second, is through the H/K Controller app on your Apple iOS or Android device. You can also mute the speaker from its top-panel controls or the app. In addition, Play/Pause functions can be done directly from the speaker's top-panel controls or from the app on your smartphone/tablet device. The H/K Controller app also lets you skip to beginning of the next song.
Playlists: You can create your own playlist from your mobile device's music library for each Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio speaker in your system setup using the H/K Controller app on your smartphone or tablet.
Link Button & Party Mode: The Link button on the top of every Harman/Kardon wireless HD speaker & adapter lets you take your music from room to room with a single touch. Say you're listening to the Omni 20 speaker in one room and you walk into another room with another Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio speaker or adapter. Just press the Link button on top of the unit and your music follows you from room to room. And if you want to fill your entire home with sound, just press and hold the Link button to activate "Party Mode" to play the same song through every Harman/Kardon wireless HD speaker & adapter throughout your home. These same functions can also be done through the H/K Controller app on your smartphone or tablet.
Table-Top Mounting: The H/K Omni 20 wireless loudspeaker is designed to be placed on a flat surface; such as a table, desk, shelf, or piece of AV furniture.
AC Power + Auto Standby: The H/K Omni 20 wireless loudspeaker has been designed for use with 100-240 volt, 50/60 Hz AC current, using the integrated AC power supply and detachable 6' AC power cord. To conserve electricity, the Omni 20 will automatically enter Standby mode after approximately 10 minutes, if no audio is playing and no buttons are pressed.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked