About the Salamander Designs Synergy System Model 245
Beautiful and practical
The cabinet features anodized aluminum frames and select hardwood panels (TV and A/V gear not included).
Beautiful and practical
Your guests will notice the anodized aluminum frame and select hardwood panels of the Salamander Design Synergy System Model 245, and how they make a handsome home for your A/V system. What they won't see are all the innovative design features that make this an outstanding piece of entertainment furniture.
Made for A/V gear
The wide cabinet top can support a TV up to 90” and weighing up to 200 lbs. The door panels have perforated metal panels that allow IR signals from your remote to pass through, as well as air to ventilate your gear. They also effectively hide the gear behind them. The doors also feature soft-close dampeners and hinges that extend so you can fully open each door.
The cabinet features an open compartment for your center channel speaker or small sound bar. Two outer compartments and two lower compartments provide plenty of room for your components and other gear. The removable back panel gives you easy access to your gear for wiring.
The Model 245 can be assembled a number of ways. You can install the doors onto the side and bottom compartments, or leave them off entirely. You can place the Model 245 on the floor, or remove the non-marking feet and mount the unit on the wall. The outer compartments each have an infinitely adjustable shelf. The supports slide along the aluminum frame, so you can move the shelf to the exact height you want — not where the next peg holes happen to be.
Good for the environment and the country
Salamander Designs uses only hardwoods harvested from managed forestry programs. Their frames are made from recycled aluminum, with environmentally friendly coatings and stains. And each Model 245 is built in the USA.
- for use with TVs up to 90"
- 4 compartments for components, plus open compartment
- cabinet top:
- 87"W x 19-3/4"D
- supports up to 200 lbs.
- open center compartment for speaker or components:
- interior dimensions: 41"W x 8-1/2"H x 18"D
- supports up to 75 lbs.
- two outer component compartments (each):
- interior dimensions 19-3/4"W x 17-3/4"H x 18"D
- adjustable shelf: 19-3/4"W x 18-1/2"D
- adjustable shelf supports up to 75 lbs.
- bottom component compartments (each):
- interior dimensions: 19-3/4"W x 8-5/6"H x 18"D
- supports up to 75 lbs.
- select hardwood with a dark walnut finish
- removable compartment doors:
- slow-close dampeners
- hinges extend to open doors fully
- perforated metal panels
- ventilation openings to keep components cool
- removable back panel for easy access
- black anodized aluminum frame
- cabinet can be wall mounted (must be mounted to wall studs or anchored to a brick, block, or concrete wall)
- removable non-marking leveling feet
- 87"W x 21"H x 19-3/4"D
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- assembly required
- MFR # 245W/B
What's in the box:
- 4 Side-panels
- 4 Rear-panels
- 4 Doors
- 2 Adjustable shelves
- Double-width shelf
- 2 Heavy-duty brackets
- 10 Posts
- Post cover
- 10 Feet
- 10 Hex-nuts
- 10 Washers
- 8 Shelf-pegs
- 8 Door hinges
- 2 Door pulls (2 screws)
- 4 Rubber stops
- 16 Thumb-nuts/screws
- 8 Connector bolts
- Assembly Instructions
Salamander Designs Synergy System Model 245 reviews
Very solid well made TV / entertainment stand, but not the easiest to put together.
Pros: Well made and sturdy
Cons: Hard to assemble
0 of 0 found this helpful
We love the tv stand, but were disappointed that not all parts were in the box. This was not the fault of Crutchfield, but of the manufacturer Salamander. Crutchfield contacted them right away and asked for replacement parts for us.
0 of 0 found this helpful
My second model purchased; this one a 4 slot in walnut. The other a 3 slot in cherry. I don't use the doors or rear/side panels. It houses an FM tuner, Tivo, Furman, separate 2 and 5 channel McIntosh amps, along with separate McIntosh surround and 2 channel preamps. Apple TV and Sonos to complete the overkill system. Bottom line: the cabinet holds a ton of gear, wood in walnut is beautiful but subtle and it's very easy to assemble. No regrets, worth every penny -and the Crutchfield delivery experience was flawless. Just make sure someone is home or you specify delivery to a local drop off facility.
Pros: Quality materials, holds a ton of gear, can be modern or traditional. But this is coming from a geek with separate 2 and 5 channel systems in the main living room...
Cons: Honestly none.
2 of 2 found this helpful
More details on the Salamander Designs Synergy System Model 245
Features & specs
|Number of Shelves||8|
|Number of Adjustable Shelves||2|
|Number of Drawers||None|
|Built-in Cooling Fan||No|
|Stand Weight Limit||800 lbs|
|TV Shelf Weight Limit||200 lbs|
|TV Shelf Width||87|
|TV Shelf Depth||19-3/4|
|Parts Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
|Labor Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
Synergy Series AV stand: The Salamander Designs Synergy series 245W/B is a low and wide AV stand with an open top-shelf, four enclosed shelf compartments, and an open center-channel shelf; so it will hold plenty of your components and accommodate a TV up to 90".
Real Wood & MDF Construction: The Synergy series AV stand's top shelf & bottom base are 1-1/8" thick and consist of real wood veneers over an MDF core with a real wood lumber edge. The Doors are made of solid hardwood. These woods are a select grade of American hardwood and finished for durability and low maintenance.
Note: Wood being a natural product is prone to different grain patterns which can lead to slight variations in color and shade.
Anodized Aluminum Posts: At the heart of the Synergy series AV stand are unique square-shaped extruded aluminum support posts. Theses posts are used simultaneously as an external cabinet skeleton for supporting top, bottom, side, and back panels; as well as an internal skeleton for supporting shelves and drawers (sold separately).
Audiophile-Grade: The Salamander Designs Synergy series AV stand is designed with the Audiophile in mind. It is constructed of dissimilar materials which reduce transmission of performance robbing resonance. This will provide ample component isolation to enhance the sound quality of the system.
Solid Wood Door Frames w/ Perforated Steel Inserts: The Synergy series AV stand features solid wood door frames with perforated steel inserts and soft-close dampeners. The perforated door panels permit IR signals to passthrough, add ventilation, and hide your components. The snap-on hinges fully extend and are removable for better in-cabinet access. The doors can be hung so they swing to the left or right.
Open & Enclosed Shelving: The Salamander Designs Synergy series 245W/B AV stand features a top shelf, open shelf, four fixed bottom shelves, and two adjustable middle shelves.
- Top Shelf: The top shelf measures 87" (w) x 21" (h) and 19.75" (d). It can support up to a 90" flat-panel TV that weighs up to 200 lbs.
- Open Shelf: The open shelf measures 41" (w) x 8.5" (h) x 18" (d). Its designed to hold your center-channel or soundbar speaker, but can also be used for AV components and other gear. It will support up to 75 lbs.
- Side Enclosed Shelving: On the left and right front of the AV stand are two enclosed compartments, hidden behind two hardwood frame doors with perforated steel inserts. Each compartment consists of a fixed bottom shelf and infinite adjustable middle shelf. Each compartment space measures 19.75" (w) x 17.75" (h) x 18" (d). Each shelf can hold up to 75 lbs.
- Lower Enclosed Shelving: Two fixed bottom shelves are enclosed behind two hardwood frame doors with perforated steel inserts. Each shelf compartment measure 19.75" (w) x 8.5" (h) x 18" (d), and can support up to 75 lbs.
Removable Back Panels: Removable back panels permit fast, easy access to components and wiring. Wires can be easily hidden with the use of the rear panel by allowing cables to pass over and under them. There is approximately 1" of space between each shelf and the back panels, permitting wires and cables to pass-through.
Leveling Feet: The Salamander Designs Synergy series 245W/B is fitted with heavy-duty, non-marking, leveling feet.
Optional Accessories: Optional accessories enhance functionality and add greater design flexibility. Choose from Casters, Adjustable Shelves, Pull-Out Shelves, Universal Storage Trays, Media Trays, or Accent Lightning (all sold separately).
Built-In The USA + Lifetime Warranty: All of the Salamander Designs Synergy series cabinets are hand-built in the USA and come with a limited lifetime warranty.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked