About the Salamander Designs Synergy System Model 248
Attractive modern design
Attractive modern design
Salamander's Synergy Model 248 has a striking, modern look, featuring an aluminum frame and select hardwood panels. But beyond its visual appeal, this cabinet has plenty of forward-thinking features that make it a great way to store and display your audio and video components.
The Model 248 makes a handsome home for your home theater system (TV and components not included).
Made for home theater systems
The wide cabinet top can support a TV up to 90” and weighing up to 350 lbs. The perforated metal door panels allow IR signals from your remote to pass through, as well as air to ventilate your gear. They also effectively hide the gear behind them. The doors also feature soft-close dampeners and hinges that extend so you can fully open each door.
The Model 248 features two long, open compartments. Their length makes them ideal for a center channel speaker or a sound bar. You can also comfortably place two components side by side in them. The removable back panel gives you easy access to your gear for wiring.
The Model 248 can be assembled a number of ways. You can install the doors onto the side compartments, or leave them off entirely. You can place the cabinet directly on the floor, or remove the non-marking feet and mount the unit on the wall. The outer compartments each have an infinitely adjustable shelf. The supports slide along the aluminum frame, so you can move the shelf to the exact height you want — not just where the next peg holes happen to be.
Good for the environment and the country
Salamander Designs uses only hardwoods harvested from managed forestry programs. Their frames are made from recycled aluminum, with environmentally friendly coatings and stains. And each Model 248 is built in the USA.
- for use with TVs up to 90"
- 2 compartments for components, plus 2 open compartments
- cabinet top:
- 87"W x 19-3/4"D
- supports up to 350 lbs.
- 2 open center compartments for speaker or components (each):
- interior dimensions: 41"W x 8-1/2"H x 18"D
- supports up to 75 lbs.
- two outer component compartments (each):
- interior dimensions 19-3/4"W x 17-3/4"H x 18"D
- adjustable shelf: 19-3/4"W x 18-1/2"D
- adjustable shelf supports up to 75 lbs.
- select hardwood with black finish
- removable compartment doors:
- slow-close dampeners
- hinges extend to open doors fully
- perforated metal panels
- ventilation openings to keep components cool
- removable back panel for easy access
- black anodized aluminum frame
- cabinet can be wall mounted (must be mounted to wall studs or anchored to a brick, block, or concrete wall)
- removable non-marking leveling feet
- 87"W x 21"H x 19-3/4"D
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- assembly required
- MFR # SB248B/B
What's in the box:
- 4 Side-panels
- 4 Rear-panels
- 2 Doors
- 2 Adjustable shelves
- Double-width adjustable shelf
- 2 Heavy-duty brackets
- 4 Door hinges
- 2 Door pulls (2 screws)
- 2 Rubber stops
- 8 Shelf-pegs
- 9 Feet
- 9 Hex-nuts
- 9 Washers
- 8 Connector bolts
- 16 Thumb-nuts/screws
- Assembly Instructions
Salamander Designs Synergy System Model 248 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Salamander Designs Synergy System Model 248
Features & specs
|Number of Shelves||6|
|Number of Adjustable Shelves||3|
|Number of Drawers||None|
|Built-in Cooling Fan||No|
|Stand Weight Limit||800 lbs|
|TV Shelf Weight Limit||350 lbs|
|TV Shelf Width||87|
|TV Shelf Depth||19-3/4|
|Parts Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
|Labor Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
Synergy Series AV stand: The Salamander Designs Synergy series SB248 is a low and wide AV stand with an open top-shelf, two open center shelves, and two enclosed side compartments; so it will hold plenty of your components and accommodate a TV up to 90".
Real Wood & MDF Construction: The Synergy series AV stand's top shelf & bottom base are 1-1/8" thick and consist of real wood veneers or a powder-coated black finish over an MDF core with a real wood lumber edge. The Doors are also made of solid hardwood or powder-coated MDF, while the adjustable shelves are made of 0.5" thick MDF. These woods are a select grade of American hardwood and finished for durability and low maintenance.
Note: Wood being a natural product is prone to different grain patterns which can lead to slight variations in color and shade.
Anodized Aluminum Posts: At the heart of the Synergy series AV stand are unique square-shaped extruded aluminum support posts. Theses posts are used simultaneously as an external cabinet skeleton for supporting top, bottom, side, and back panels; as well as an internal skeleton for supporting shelves and drawers (sold separately). The AV stand is available with black or silver anodized aluminum posts.
Audiophile-Grade: The Salamander Designs Synergy series AV stand is designed with the Audiophile in mind. It is constructed of dissimilar materials which reduce transmission of performance robbing resonance. This will provide ample component isolation to enhance the sound quality of the system.
Solid Wood Door Frames w/ Perforated Steel Inserts The Synergy series AV stand features solid wood or black powder-coated MDF door frames with a perforated steel insert and a soft-close dampener. The perforated door inserts permit IR signals to passthrough, adds ventilation, and hides your components. The snap-on hinges fully extend and are removable for better in-cabinet access. The doors can be hung so they swing to the left or right.
Open & Enclosed Shelving: The Salamander Designs Synergy series 248 AV stand features a top shelf, an adjustable open shelf, a fixed open shelf, two enclosed adjustable shelves, and two enclosed fixed shelves.
- Top Shelf: The top shelf measures 87" (w) x 21" (h) and 19.75" (d). It can support up to a 90" flat-panel TV that weighs up to 350 lbs.
- Open Center Shelves: There is one fixed open center shelf and one adjustable open center shelf. Each shelf measures 41" (w) x 18" (d) and can support up to 75 lbs. One of the shelves is infinitely adjustable; at dead center each shelf is 8.5" (h). This is the perfect space for your soundbar or center-channel speaker.
- Side Enclosed Shelving: On the left and right front of the AV stand are two enclosed compartments, hidden behind two hardwood frame doors with frosted-glass inserts. Each compartment consists of a fixed bottom shelf and infinite adjustable middle shelf. Each compartment space measures 19.75" (w) x 17.75" (h) x 18" (d). Each shelf can hold up to 75 lbs.
Removable Back Panels: Removable back panels permit fast, easy access to components and wiring. Wires can be easily hidden with the use of the rear panel by allowing cables to pass over and under them. There is approximately 1" of space between each shelf and the back panels, permitting wires and cables to pass-through.
Leveling Feet: The Salamander Designs Synergy series 248 is fitted with heavy-duty, non-marking, leveling feet.
Optional Accessories: Optional accessories enhance functionality and add greater design flexibility. Choose from Casters, Adjustable Shelves, Pull-Out Shelves, Universal Storage Trays, Media Trays, and/or Accent Lightning (all sold separately).
Built-In The USA + Lifetime Warranty: All of the Salamander Designs Synergy series cabinets are hand-built in the USA and come with a limited lifetime warranty.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked