About the Salamander Designs SD/IR
Salamander Designs' SD/IR infrared repeater kit gives you easy remote control of your home theater receiver and other A/V gear placed in an enclosed cabinet, where your regular IR remote's signals can't reach. Setup is a breeze. Simply position the small IR sensor within line-of-sight of your remotes. The sensor relays the commands back to an IR hub hidden away inside the cabinet. The hub in turn sends the commands to the infrared emitters, which you place in front of your components. Use any of your existing remote controls or a universal one to control your equipment.
- complete IR repeater system with IR receiver, repeater hub, and four IR emitters
- use your existing remotes to control equipment hidden in a closed cabinet
- control up to four audio/video components
- optical and digital filtering ensure reliable performance
- power and IR signal feedback lights verify setup
- mounting screws included for universal cabinet installation
- 110V power supply included
- IR receiver wire: 3-ft.
- IR emitter wires: 9-1/2-ft.
- IR hub: 4-1/4"W x 1"H x 1"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SD/IR
What's in the box:
- IR hub (w/ attached 41" IR repeater)
- AC power adpater (w/ 6' DC cord)
- 2 Dual IR emitters (w/ attached 11' cable terminated by a male 3.5mm connector)
- Receiver holster
- 4 Emitter holsters
- 6 Wire-clips
- 2 Button-head screws
- 2 Drop-in nuts
- 2 Wood-screws
- Two-sided tape
- 2 Gel-pads
- Plastic end-cap
- User's Guide
Salamander Designs SD/IR reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Salamander Designs SD/IR
All-In-One IR Repeater System: The Salamander Designs All-In-On IR Repeater System (SD/IR) consists of an IR hub with attached 41" IR receiver, two 11' dual IR emitters, AC power adapter, and mounting hardware. This all-in-one IR repeater system contains all the necessary components to control up to four devices (expandable to six) that are out of sight and inside a cabinet, while maintaining a clean, seamless installation and appearance.
IR Replication: The Salamander Designs All-In-On IR Repeater System effectively replicates infrared signals (36kHz to 60kHz) from remote controls to reach your components stored remotely or hidden in enclosed cabinets. The system has an IR pickup range of 40' at 38kHz and 20' at 56kHz.
IR Hub with IR Receiver: The included IR hub features an attached 41" IR receiver and three IR emitter outputs. The three IR emitter outputs consist of three 3.5mm minijack outputs to connect the up to three dual IR emitters (two dual IR emitters included). The compact IR hub and IR receiver can be mounted in a discreet location on top of furniture or next to a TV to replicate infrared signals from your IR remote controls; mounting hardware is included.
Two Dual IR Emitters: The all-in-one IR repeater system includes two dual IR emitters which feature a 11' cable and terminated by a male 3.5mm connector that plug into the system's IR hub. The IR emitters should be securely attached directly over your components' IR receptors.
Light Filtering: The all-in-one IR repeater system (SD/IR) from Salamander Designs filters undesirable signals from sunlight and plasma TVs to provide error-free operation.
Status LEDs: LED status lights provide power and infrared signal indication. The IR hub features two LED status lights that provide power (red) and IR (green) signal indication.
Wire Management: Self-adhesive holsters are included to mount the IR receiver and IR emitters. Self-adhesive cable management clips are also included, so your installation looks neat and professional.
Power Requirements: This all-in-one IR repeater system operates off of standard household current using the supplied AC power adapter with 6' DC cord.
- Input: 120V AC, 60Hz, 5.6W
- Output: 12V DC, 250mA
- IR Hub (w/ cables): 4.25" (w) x 2.125" (h) x 1.0625" (d)
- IR Receiver (w/ holster): 0.5" (w) x 0.3125" (h) x 0.8125" (d)
- IR Emitter (w/ holster): 0.4375" (w) x 0.5" (h) x 0.75"