About the Duracell® Pocket Inverter 175
The Duracell Pocket Inverter 175 withstands the rigors of travel while providing you with reliable energy for your portable electronic devices when you're in the car. It makes a great companion whether you're out on business or pleasure.
The compact Pocket Inverter boasts a three-prong AC outlet, along with a USB charging port that works with adapters for portable electronics, including your laptop, iPod®, or cell phone. Plug the Pocket Inverter 175 into your vehicle's cigarette lighter or other 12-volt power source to keep your portable gear running. This handy device travels easily and stows in your glove compartment or carry-on luggage.
- portable DC to AC power inverter
- 34" cord works with cigarette lighter or DC power outlet
- USB power port and 3-prong 120V AC outlet
- LED power light
- 130-watt continuous power output (260-watt surge rating)
- over-temperature, low-battery, short circuit, and overload protection circuits
- 8A external fuse
- 2-5/8"W x 15/16"H x 4"D
- weight: 3.2 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 813-0291-07
What's in the box:
- Portable power inverter
- Cigarette lighter adapter with attached 34" output cord
- 2' DC input cable with battery cable clips
- Owner's Guide (English)
- Owner's Guide (Spanish)
More details on the Duracell® Pocket Inverter 175
Overview: The Duracell Pocket Inverter 175 is a mini-inverter that utilizes advanced electronics to convert 12 volt DC battery power from a vehicle into 120 volt household AC electricity. You can use the Pocket Inverter 175 whenever your laptop computer, portable game console, or any other mobile device runs out of battery power. It has one 3-prong AC outlet and a USB charge port (Type A connector).
Compatibility: Through its AC outlet, the Pocket Inverter 175 is capable of powering most 120 volt AC products that use 130 watts or less. The inverter can also power or charge most consumer electronics that have USB power ports. The inverter's AC output waveform, called "modified sine wave", is designed to function similarly to the sine wave shape of utility power.
DC Input Cables: This unit features two DC input cables: a cigarette lighter adapter for loads up to 130 watts, and battery clips (which should be connected directly to a 12 volt battery) for loads over 130 watts.
Operating Time: Operating time will vary depending upon the charge level of the battery, its capacity, and the power level drawn by the particular AC load, USB load, or combination of both. With a typical vehicle battery and a 130-watt load, an operating time of 2 to 2.5 hours or more can be expected. It is recommended that the vehicle's engine be started every hour or two to charge the battery before its capacity drops too low.
Safety Features: The Pocket Inverter 175 has the following safety features:
- Overload Protection: When the output power exceeds 160 watts, the Pocket Inverter will shut itself off.
- Non User-replaceable Fuse: The cigarette lighter adapter cable has a non user-replaceable 25-amp fuse.
- Low Battery Shutdown: If the vehicle's battery voltage becomes too low (nominal voltage: 10.5V), the inverter will shut down.
- High-input Voltage Protection: If the vehicle's battery voltage becomes too high (nominal voltage: 15.5V), the inverter will shut down.
- Overheat Protection: When the Pocket Inverter gets too hot, due to insufficient ventilation or a high-temperature environment, it will shut down.
- Short Circuit Protection: To protect the unit, whenever a short circuit is detected at the output, the Pocket Inverter will shut itself off.
Specifications: The Duracell Pocket Inverter 175 has the following specifications:
- AC Power Output:
- AC Output Voltage (nominal): 120 V AC
- Continuous AC Output Power: 130 W
- Peak AC Output Power: 175 W
- Maximum AC Output Surge Power: 260 W
- AC Output Frequency: 60 Hz (+/- 1 Hz)
- AC Output Waveform: Modified Sine Wave
- USB Power Output:
- DC Output Voltage: 5 V DC
- DC Output Current: 0.5 A DC
- DC Power Specifications:
- DC Input Voltage Range: 10.5 - 15.5 V DC
- Battery Drain with no AC load (at 12V input): <0.4 A
- Efficiency (Maximum): 85%
- Low Battery Shutdown Point: 10.5 V
- High Battery Shutdown Point (nominal): 15.5 V